• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bulletseeker Mach 4 doppler chrono

Hey has anybody ordered their BS from solid solution designs? I ordered mine a couple weeks and got an update email 2 days after that said preparing parcel but haven't heard from them since.. even reached out via email and messenger but still crickets...

I ordered last week. They've been very responsive to my emails. I have a tracking number that was last updated on the 24th saying it's preparing to leave the country.

I ordered my BS4 from Bulletseeker.com on 9/7/22 and received it 9/14/22. My son ordered a BS4 from SSD on 9/7/22 and is still waiting. He also received an email saying his had been shipped but has not received it yet.

I ordered my BS4 from Bulletseeker.com on 9/7/22 and received it 9/14/22. My son ordered a BS4 from SSD on 9/7/22 and is still waiting. He also received an email saying his had been shipped but has not received it yet.
Probably stuck in customs

I received mine from SSD today. The packaging was horseshit for a $900+ item, it was in a little bubble mailer that was then rolled up in the torn up remnants of another box with about 6 packing peanuts and entombed in orange "FRAGILE" tape. No manual, instructions, or quick start guide included. The English manual I found online is terrible, it basically says "It seek bullet, you use now, very nice." I installed the iOS app and it is rudimentary to say the least, and appears to not have several features supposedly found in the Android app like selecting the velocity range (handgun/shotgun/rifle). The Picatinny QD system appears to work fine. Even on my AXSR with its long rail the device is about 24" from the front of my suppressor so I dunno if I am going to get good detections and I'd rather not have to get some goofy rail extension to mount it on. I hope I didn't just waste a thousand bucks on this thing.

I received mine from SSD today. The packaging was horseshit for a $900+ item, it was in a little bubble mailer that was then rolled up in the torn up remnants of another box with about 6 packing peanuts and entombed in orange "FRAGILE" tape. No manual, instructions, or quick start guide included. The English manual I found online is terrible, it basically says "It seek bullet, you use now, very nice." I installed the iOS app and it is rudimentary to say the least, and appears to not have several features supposedly found in the Android app like selecting the velocity range (handgun/shotgun/rifle). The Picatinny QD system appears to work fine. Even on my AXSR with its long rail the device is about 24" from the front of my suppressor so I dunno if I am going to get good detections and I'd rather not have to get some goofy rail extension to mount it on. I hope I didn't just waste a thousand bucks on this thing.
I wonder if the packaging job is because of customs opening it and whatnot? Also when did you order yours?

Would rather not have to do all my load dev shooting on a tripod with its potential contribution to increased group size. I do have a little Gitzo mini tripod I could put the unit on under the barrel on the ground though, I think it would fit. Already have a RRS pic to Arca mount.

I wonder if the packaging job is because of customs opening it and whatnot? Also when did you order yours?
Customs doesn't open most packages, they just xray or sniff etc. The packaging looked original. Ordered Sept 3 so about 1 month from order to porch.

Shoot off a bench, then put the tripod in front underneath

i shoot every bit as good standing off a tripod, my groups look no different but I practice

a NV bridge works best put it on top

Ordered Sept 3 so about 1 month from order to porch.
When did you get the tracking number? I'm curious because mine has been sitting with PostNL since September 24th. It originally have a deliver date of tomorrow but it now says a date is unavailable and it's waiting to leave the country.

When I ordered my AndiScan, it was delivered to my door within five days of receiving a tracking number by DHL.

Ya i ordered early, it was odd with a few days gap between ordering, request for payment and shipping but once it went to DHL it came as expected around 7 days later, they entire order process was close to 10 days though

Customs doesn't open most packages, they just xray or sniff etc. The packaging looked original. Ordered Sept 3 so about 1 month from order to porch.
Damn lol I just ordered mine on 23rd and according to tracking it hasn't even left the Netherlands
When did you get the tracking number? I'm curious because mine has been sitting with PostNL since September 24th. It originally have a deliver date of tomorrow but it now says a date is unavailable and it's waiting to leave the country.

When I ordered my AndiScan, it was delivered to my door within five days of receiving a tracking number by DHL.
I'm pretty sure mine and yours is on the same boat. Nothing since the 24th expected between the 30th and the 3rd and at ssd they told me it should be stateside in the next day or 2 he also gave me my usps tracking number for when they receive it from customs

We have movement.

1. October 5, 10:39

Shipment sent to country of destination​

Delivery moment still unknown​

2. September 24, 4:50
    Shipment is ready for transport to the country of destination
  3. September 23, 8:44
    Shipment received by PostNL

Reactions: Demthios
We have movement.

1. October 5, 10:39

Shipment sent to country of destination​

Delivery moment still unknown​

2. September 24, 4:50
    Shipment is ready for transport to the country of destination
  3. September 23, 8:44
    Shipment received by PostNL
Ahh shit I just saw on the usps tracking that it cleared customs in Chicago this morning! I'm on the west side so hopefully have it by middle of next week!

I ordered some stuff to make a DIY bipod extension system that can also mount the Bulletseeker out toward the muzzle. Hopefully will help with getting detections at the muzzle without needing the parabolic reflector (I have trouble paying $100+ for what appears to be a cast aluminum cone that isn’t even anodized).

Reactions: NFshooter150
@Baron23 were you responding to me specifically? Mine will be rifle mounted on the long bipod extension.

To me even if you have to mount it on a tripod the Bulletseeker offers a lot of advantages over the Labradar. Much smaller, easier to bring to the range, no clumsy external battery pack, better Bluetooth connection, better app, similar accuracy.

@Baron23 were you responding to me specifically? Mine will be rifle mounted on the long bipod extension.

To me even if you have to mount it on a tripod the Bulletseeker offers a lot of advantages over the Labradar. Much smaller, easier to bring to the range, no clumsy external battery pack, better Bluetooth connection, better app, similar accuracy.
Well no, not anybody in particular but isn't there discussion above about using tripods to place this thing closer to the muzzle?

I received some data from people testing the BulletSeeker

Here is a spreadsheet of data from a comparison
Screen Shot 2022-10-10 at 12.28.51 PM.png

Reactions: Baron23
Yessir it was discussed above. It sounds like it is challenging to aim it correctly compared to the Labradar with a built-in sighting system. But a Bulletseeker on a mini desktop tripod is still a lot easier to lug around than a Labradar on a 3-foot-tall quadpod like I have.

Reactions: Baron23
They are,

That was sent to me by Oehler people who ran it alongside their stuff

I found the Tripod under the rifle on a tripod is the easiest to get it to work as well a NV bridge has been solid
Wouldnt it block most of your view thru your scope if you mounted it to a NV bridge?

Once I get mine I'm going to try it on my arca dovetail on my mpa ba comp chassis. If it doesn't work I have a little 6 inch arca tripod

Works perfectly when attached to pic rail on my braked .308. However fails to pick up any shots on my unbraked 6.5 when attached in a simalar position on the arca rail or my manners stock with a 2 inch longer barrel. Bit of a head scratcher.

Attachments

• IMG_1762.jpg
    IMG_1762.jpg
    565.6 KB · Views: 122
Anyone else have trouble connecting to an iPhone? It just flashes blue and the app never finds it. I don't see it as available in the iPhone BT settings which, may or may not, make a difference.

Make sure you have not changed the default device name from B-SEEKER, that tripped me up once, it doesn’t recognize name changes. It takes a while for the app to find it sometimes. It will never show up in Settings as a Bluetooth device, I think only the app can connect it.

Works perfectly when attached to pic rail on my braked .308. However fails to pick up any shots on my unbraked 6.5 when attached in a simalar position on the arca rail or my manners stock with a 2 inch longer barrel. Bit of a head scratcher.

....IIRC, saw some references to the "muzzle blast gas cloud (?)" potentially causing some issues. Since the brake redirects gas to the sides could be why it "reads better" 🤷‍♂️

....IIRC, saw some references to the "muzzle blast gas cloud (?)" potentially causing some issues. Since the brake redirects gas to the sides could be why it "reads better" 🤷‍♂️
Wouldnt that be ironic. Have a parabolic bracket on order, will see if that helps.

How did you break it?
The iOS app has an option to change the name of the device but for some stupid reason it doesn’t actually apply the changes you make there. So if you change it from the default “B-SEEKER” to “Jeff’s Bulletseeker” or whatever, the app will show that name but the actual device’s name doesn’t get changed in its firmware, so the app is sitting there trying to find “Jeff’s Bulletseeker” when no such device exists. If you change it back to B-SEEKER or will connect again.

Reactions: 6.5SH and parshal
....IIRC, saw some references to the "muzzle blast gas cloud (?)" potentially causing some issues.

With the AndiScan and a brake I had to move the position around on my arca rail to get it to read. With a suppressor or rimfire it really didn't matter where it was. I'm guessing we don't see this issue with the LabRadar because it sits so far off the side.

With the AndiScan and a brake I had to move the position around on my arca rail to get it to read. With a suppressor or rimfire it really didn't matter where it was. I'm guessing we don't see this issue with the LabRadar because it sits so far off the side.
I have this problem all the damn time with the Labradar, frankly it’s why I bought the Bulletseeker to try out. My big magnums with muzzle brakes cause the Labradar to drop detections like 30-40% of the time even with a big offset or moving it way forward/aft. It finally improved with a tall quad pod, I shoot prone underneath it, but that’s obnoxious to set up and use.

Reactions: parshal
So I'm using android and same problem with the name change but also mine is stuck sitting on connecting even after it asked to pair and everything and the bulletseeker now has an orange solid light on

This thing is starting to piss me off.. seems like everytime I want to use I'll have to unpair it from my phone and repair it before opening the app.. I'm curious if that means I'll lose the data in the app from the time before

This thing is starting to piss me off.. seems like everytime I want to use I'll have to unpair it from my phone and repair it before opening the app.. I'm curious if that means I'll lose the data in the app from the time before
Wanna sell it let me know LOL Are you on an Android? Typically you can uninstall without removing the data and reinstall, I believe Android 10 started allowing that.