• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bulletseeker Mach 4 doppler chrono

Well… More surprising good news…

Went to the range today, and out of nowhere, the damn BSM4 decided to start picking up suppressed shots right off the bat. I’d say out the few hundred shots today, it was 90%. There was a few that it missed and there, but I think I got too far outside of the “strike zone” for it to pickup. So I think I finally found the sweet spot for placement to get it to pickup the suppressed shots, even with the suppressed .22LR.

A long as it continues to work like this, I’ll be happy with the unit. 👍🏼

Here’s a few screenshots from today…

IMG_0659.pngIMG_0660.png

Reactions: FALex
Well… More surprising good news…

Went to the range today, and out of nowhere, the damn BSM4 decided to start picking up suppressed shots right off the bat. I’d say out the few hundred shots today, it was 90%.
Damn! You don't fuck around with your range sessions! LOL
There was a few that it missed and there, but I think I got too far outside of the “strike zone” for it to pickup. So I think I finally found the sweet spot for placement to get it to pickup the suppressed shots, even with the suppressed .22LR.

A long as it continues to work like this, I’ll be happy with the unit. 👍🏼

Here’s a few screenshots from today…

View attachment 8209135View attachment 8209136
Glad it's working out for you finally. I am still gonna get the FX unit though.

Reactions: FuhQ
Damn! You don't fuck around with your range sessions! LOL

Glad it's working out for you finally. I am still gonna get the FX unit though.
I tried to tell yall I don't fuck around, but folks still think I do. Average range session for me, including .22LR rifle, is probably 250 shots...Sometimes more, sometimes less. And that's just about every Sunday afternoon...

Reactions: FredHammer
Hopes & dreams shattered again. Damn, I want to buy a doppler unit. I've got @FuhQ luck with shit too. In fact murphy is already reading along with me as I type. so I'm FuQ'ed too!

So, I saw the FX True Ballistics radar unit...
I think that's the direction I'm leaning. The andi is pretty sweet too with its size but the FX looks to be what we all hoped Labradar was and then some so

Reactions: FredHammer
I had it tripod mounted, but tried it in every location possible. Even right up beside it (as close as of it was mounted to it) at the end of the suppressor, and it still didn’t read.

The location I got it to read was right beside the barrel (maybe 1” away), and near where the stock ends, so, depending on barrel length, anywhere from 5” to 12” behind the muzzle. I was getting 190-200+ hits per shot in that location. Seemed to work very well on the tripod, which was nice not having to remove it off of a gun each time, just swap the guns on the bench, select which shot group I wanted to continue testing, etc…

I just wish it read suppressed…Which is probably why I’ll buy an AndiScan Mini 2 when they come back in stock. Those are proving to work suppressed. Unless the Bulletseeker owner fixes the issues, and replaces our units with new ones once they fix the suppressor no read issue.
You can try 1 thing instantly, once you get to the range (if you still have the device and have not returned it). Before finalizing my adapter with a tilt, I've tested 1 idea just yesterday: I took a piece of paper, ripped a part of it and folded it a couple of times. I then put it on the back side of the picantinny mount of the speedtracker so that it would tilt a bit forward. It did help withe ammo I had issues with reading. And by "it helped" I mean that i got 150+ readings each shot.
For me it seams the positioning is bad.

Reactions: Pietiabo
Maybe it’s just pure dumb luck- I borrowed a (Long Shot branded) speed tracker from a buddy of mine to try out. I’ve got a LabRadar but I wanted to give this thing a try, mostly because I’m lazy.

IMG_4051.jpeg

With three different barrels (6 CM, 6.5CM and .308) I ran seven ten shot strings (112 Match Burners, 130 hybrids , 140 hybrids, 153.5 hybrids, 185 Jug Tgt, 185 Jug OTM and 175SMK) and it never missed a shot.
Side mounted AI picatinny rail, muzzle brakes on everything, no suppressors.
iPhone app worked fine and I’m thinking about selling off my LabRadar and buying one of these things.

I haven't traded mine in jet so cant tell , if it would qualify for the new and improved (honestly it works so far aside form the one freezee early on when i got it , so am quite reluctant to have it changed )
By the looks of it mach4+ seems to be designed with a longer detection range in mind possibly avoiding the parabolic lens.

Last edited:
I bought mine back in March thru Midway. How do you qualify to get the new one (if you can qualify). It worked fine in the beginning and then started acting up. Picking up signals without me shooting.

I took mine out today and used the 3d printed angle adapter. I did not drop one shot 338 LM and 6.5 Creedmoor. I was at about 90% capture rate previously. I think angling it toward the barrel is a good find. I'll try the 50 probably Friday.

I took mine out today and used the 3d printed angle adapter. I did not drop one shot 338 LM and 6.5 Creedmoor. I was at about 90% capture rate previously. I think angling it toward the barrel is a good find. I'll try the 50 probably Friday.
Let us know how it copes with the .50 and where you positioned it , especially to avoid that brake

I tried the 50 BMG with the new angle mount.. no love! I brought my MagnetoSpeed and didn't want to mess around. My friend has a 416 Barrett, previously he was unable to get a reading on it, and he logged every shot.

You can preorder the new one here.

You can preorder the new one here.

Given their track record with previous model, pre-ordering from them will be one of the last things I do.

Given their track record with previous model, pre-ordering from them will be one of the last things I do.
Indeed it has been a bit of a mess as the manufacturer is actually not a distributor and soon after the launch distributor changed and the price grew by well over 20+% at the same time when it was quite obvious that production and app were not 100%. While unit works great for me , i think 1200$ as they cost now is considerably to high pricing for it especially if you then have to buy a parabolic lens in addition(although the new unit looks like it will not need the parabolic lens)

If my gen 1 goes south I'd like to say I'd buy another if they don't replace it but $1200 is getting a bit steep if I were to have the same issues as everyone else.

quite obvious that production and app were not 100%. While unit works great for me
haha...well, this first part of this quote is a great example of restrained understatement! ;):ROFLMAO:

And I'm glad that yours is working well, truly.

And don't get me wrong, guys....I root for positive outcomes for all vendors introducing a product to the rifle shooting community. I'm not trying to put bad juju on these guys. But it doesn't take much of a close read of this thread to see that in a VERY many cases they put out a VERY flawed (as in pretty much non-functional) product.

Take @FuhQ for example...if I remember correctly, his unit was a brick. Then the whole "drain the battery dead dry and try again" routine...on and on...rinse and repeat. I gather his is finally working (er, not sure if working great or just working) and I'm glad for him.

But give these guys pre-order money based on their past track record and very obvious lack of testing and QC....no, not me.

Cheers

Last edited:
Take @FuhQ for example...if I remember correctly, his unit was a brick. Then the whole "drain the battery dead dry and try again" routine...on and on. I gather his is finally work (er, not sure if working great or just working) and I'm glad for him
Fuhq got fuhqed! That be my luck. Lol

haha...well, this first part of this quote is a great example of restrained understatement! ;):ROFLMAO:

And I'm glad that yours is working well, truly.

And don't get me wrong, guys....I root for positive outcomes for all vendors introducing a product to the rifle shooting community. I'm not trying to put bad juju on these guys. But it doesn't take much of a close read of this thread to see that in a VERY many cases they put out a VERY flawed (as in pretty much non-functional) product.

Take @FuhQ for example...if I remember correctly, his unit was a brick. Then the whole "drain the battery dead dry and try again" routine...on and on...rinse and repeat. I gather his is finally working (er, not sure if working great or just working) and I'm glad for him.

But give these guys pre-order money based on their past track record and very obvious lack of testing and QC....no, not me.

Cheers
The first unit never worked right and went back to Midway. The 2nd unit was a brick, but I finally got it to pickup 1 unsuppressed shot. Then I brought it home, drained the battery and let it sit dead for about a week or 2, then fully-charged the night before the range, and it started working. So after all that shit, the 2nd unit finally started working. But so far, so good. When it works, it works great. I really like the unit once I got it working properly.

The first unit never worked right and went back to Midway. The 2nd unit was a brick, but I finally got it to pickup 1 unsuppressed shot. Then I brought it home, drained the battery and let it sit dead for about a week or 2, then fully-charged the night before the range, and it started working. So after all that shit, the 2nd unit finally started working. But so far, so good. When it works, it works great. I really like the unit once I got it working properly.
So pretty much this:

I feel like they should offer to at least upgrade our current units with the new cone and upgrades for free... Especially as much trouble as some of us have been having with them... A $1,200 entry-price on a radar should not have to be sent back for replacement before ever even getting to use it.

Reactions: skyrep

Personally, with this company’s history of issuing faulty product, i Would only be interested in feedback from rank and file members here and not some professional reviewer no matter his ethical reputation.

And the price…$1,000 or $1,200?

Personally, with this company’s history of issuing faulty product, i Would only be interested in feedback from rank and file members here and not some professional reviewer no matter his ethical reputation.

And the price…$1,000 or $1,200?
All these big name "reviewers" on YouTube are shills. No matter how much they try to act like they're "one of the people" and being honest and "not trying to sell you anything"... Either they get free shit, get free shit and money, or just get money... But one way or another, no big name YouTuber (regardless of what their videos are about) is doing anything for free because they simply "believe in the company and their products"...Unless they have some vested interest ($$$) in the company, or are hoping for a sponsorship.

Wouldn't hold my breath , i have a feeling
All these big name "reviewers" on YouTube are shills. No matter how much they try to act like they're "one of the people" and being honest and "not trying to sell you anything"... Either they get free shit, get free shit and money, or just get money... But one way or another, no big name YouTuber (regardless of what their videos are about) is doing anything for free because they simply "believe in the company and their products"...Unless they have some vested interest ($$$) in the company, or are hoping for a sponsorship.
So kinda like product reviews Frank used to do lot more in the past , i don't remember one when it was not a raving , best buy etc 🤪

I asked my friend to help me design and print a rail for the BulletSeeker.

My friend Kythe has found mounting it to a small tripod and putting it closer to muzzle or suppressor yields better readings. The red dot will help aim it at the same place the rifle is shooting.
IMG_4892.jpeg

I asked my friend to help me design and print a rail for the BulletSeeker.

My friend Kythe has found mounting it to a small tripod and putting it closer to muzzle or suppressor yields better readings. The red dot will help aim it at the same place the rifle is shooting.

Cool mount. How do you collate the red dot POA to the bullet seeker POA though?

this solution with the sight did not work for me. What works for me is a beveled rail about 4-6 degrees in relation to the barrel
IMG_5724.jpeg

Yep. That’s the plan. I zeroed the red dot while the bullet seeker was on my gun. Will test it at the range this weekend.
Zero'ing the red dot to the POI or the POA of the gun isn't the same as zeroing the red dot to the POA of the bulletseeker.

The problem I see is that if one mounts a red dot to this, they have no way to collate the red dot POA to the bulletseeker POA because you have no easy, repeatable way to determine the POA of the bulletseeker.

Zero'ing the red dot to the POI or the POA of the gun isn't the same as zeroing the red dot to the POA of the bulletseeker.

The problem I see is that if one mounts a red dot to this, they have no way to collate the red dot POA to the bulletseeker POA because you have no easy, repeatable way to determine the POA of the bulletseeker.

That’s why the further they converge the better.

Mounting to the gun arguably the best method for getting a reading. Point gun at 100 yard target with zeroed scope. Zero red dot to have converging zero at same target.

Now when you place the BS Mach4 on a tripod and aim the red dot at the same target it will be faster and easier getting it in the path of the bullet.

You need to keep the BS Mach4 close to the muzzle. See the photo. This is the setup. Now I have a red dot to make aiming it easier.

Think of it like the Lab Radar. But this is easier to “zero” since the baseline is mounting it to the gun and we know that works best.

IMG_5017.jpeg

Spoke to HandW and these are the improvements for the Mach 4+

Beam enhancement for better detection, Internals have better performance for future updates. Supposedly picks up slower bullets too, like for airguns. The bundle includes the parabolic adaptor, hard case, arca rail adaptor, and charging cord. Price $998.

Spoke to HandW and these are the improvements for the Mach 4+

Beam enhancement for better detection, Internals have better performance for future updates. Supposedly picks up slower bullets too, like for airguns. The bundle includes the parabolic adaptor, hard case, arca rail adaptor, and charging cord. Price $998.
Are you fucking serious? They improved the entire unit, and dropped the price $100-200??? Now I’m pissed, if they don’t offer us a free upgrade.