• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bullpup

mercracing

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Feb 9, 2013
    Green Bay, WI
    I am interested in buying my first bullpup. I don't want the most expensive one. I want one that works. I was reading one of my NRA mags and they had a write up on the Tavor. It sounds good, but most guns sound good in the mag. Does anyone have first hand experience with the Tavor or other bullpups? Thanks for your time, and Merry Christmas!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trigger on the Tavor is so heavy, I haven't pulled one far enough to break it...really. I'm spoiled by good trigger I guess.

I like the feel, fit, finish, and handling of the AUG the best, just would need a metal hammer and other Fire-Control Parts. I'm not as familiar with them as those who own and collect them, just have used them on a limited basis overseas working with other armies.

Triggers and a different manual arms are two of the main differences you have to get used to with bullpups. I haven't shot the Tavor, but have shot the AUG quite a bit as well as the FN90 and 2000. After so many years running ARs, the triggers on those bullpups leave a lot to be desired. That said, it doesn't take much to get used to them enough to be effective running the rifles. It's kind of like the difference between a top quality scope and an economical scope: you can get used to the economical one, especially if you run it often, but if you are constantly switching back and forth between them you'll get frustrated.

I'm enjoying my Tavor, I bought it in October and have been working with it when time allows. I started with a Hilux CMR scope that I had on a RR Tactical entry, but have up graded to a Vortex Razor HD 1-6. Am now trying to work up a load for the best results. It really is a nice rifle, the trigger gets better with use, removing the extra return spring helps also. The word is that Gisselle is working on a trigger, which of course I would have to try when it becomes available. All in all, I like it! It's a handy size for a 16" barrel, it feels good, comfortable to shoot, benches easy for that kind of work. I don't really expect the world to end, and rarely carry a gun, even after 40 years working street level in Detroit, but this rifle will do what you need it to do if called upon. The best part about this "another gun" affliction, is that you can always sell the thing, and move on. I currently wish one of my friends would buy an AUG or an FS2000 because I would like to try them and compare, send a couple of thousand rounds down range and then comment again.

That would be below the cost of manufacturing it from what I'm told . IMHO a fair price would be $1200.00 but what the f*ck do I know . I paid $1900.00 for mine ,great rifle but over priced at $1900.00 .
    Not impressed with the Tavor, that's the only bullpup experience. Tavor is a $700 all day long, no one should be paying any more for it.

I prefer the balance of the AUG over the Tavor, but the Tavor you can actually afford to buy mags for. The price on both, even MSARs, suck. All I know, is my brothers AUG is a blast to shoot.

FYI ,STEYR MAGS ( real factory Steyr mags ) can be had for $16.50 each all you want at Manventure.com .
    I prefer the balance of the AUG over the Tavor, but the Tavor you can actually afford to buy mags for. The price on both, even MSARs, suck. All I know, is my brothers AUG is a blast to shoot.

I guess it depends on what you intend to do with the rifle. I am sending the $ tomorrow for a Tavor. A buddy has one and though I haven't shot it I did like the handling. I don't expect it to fill the long range role, l've other rifles for that. I've always wanted a sub-gun but could never justify an sbr sub. With the bullpup in general I get the length without the stamp and better ballistics. I chose the Tavor for the ambi vs AUG where shooting from the left wouldn't be a pleasant experience. Also, the aftermarket us already buzzing with light-compatable fore ends and at least one trigger pack upgrade.

I have a Tavor with the mepro light sight and love it! The trigger is not the greatest but to be honest i don't use it for precision shooting so i hardly notice, i have found the rife is pretty accurate.

FYI ,STEYR MAGS ( real factory Steyr mags ) can be had for $16.50 each all you want at Manventure.com .

I stand corrected then! I guess I must have become so disgusted with "hi-cap" mag shopping awhile back that I havent kept up with all the current market...

I really like my Tavor
    Waiting for Bills trigger, and that might just make it my go to rifle!?!?!
    I really do not see a lot of 500+ engagements
    I have 1,000 rounds threw mine , all sorts of stuff
    High grade reloads and that brown bear shit
    Eat it all
    Very happy
    John

At shot - I really liked the bullpup by Kaltec

Say what you like about them, but I liked some of the design concepts they have. uses AR mags, downward rear ejection, and the mag release was pretty nifty.

The DTA version - which looks nice also - but I think will be a bit more pricy - and I didn't like the fit of the prototype as well - not enough room around the hands - but I think they will iron out a bunch of stuff - and the DTA will be a switch barrel !