• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Burris Customer Services at its worst, please help/advise. (UPDATE: 09DEC23)

To be clear my experience was with an optic that was about 8 years old. Probably a discontinued item but not some vintage relic. It looked new and modern. Probably under older warranty verbage also but I recal it being implied there was a forever type warranty. I get items just wearing out. I guess a bit of explanation would have gone a long way with me. Just saying repair cost exceeds value rubbed me the wrong way when there was an implied warranty. If they would have said x,y,z so not covered and maybe offered a 10% off coupon or some small gesture would have took the sting off. Since then I've dealt with several different companies and know they would have been better but again this was almost 10 years ago.

It sounds like you just missed the cut 🥲

They rolled out the Forever Warranty about 7 or 8 years ago. Maybe 9 years, I can't recall exactly. Prior to that they were Limited Lifetime like 99% of the manufacturers. Vortex raised the bar and everyone slowly got on board.

If you still have the scope, give it another try. Reach out and see what they'll do.

Reactions: P&Y
Just purchased a XTR3i. Mine came with an extra exposed windage turret.

The elevation turret has nice audible clicks and no slop. Feels good. I likey. However, the windage turret's clicks are not as audible going right and slightly less going left. However the reticle moves/tracks with each click. So not real worried about it. But is this normal for other folks with the XTR3i? Just curious.

My higher end scopes are Leupold's and then I run a few Arken's and lower end Vortex's.

Just initially out of the box looking/mounting, the XTR3i seems to my eyes to be on par with my VX-6HD 3-18x44 in terms of brightness, clarity, etc. As others mentioned, the XTR3i gives a nice full, edge to edge view. Maybe slightly better than my VX-6HD. Both the VX-6HD and XTR3i are alot brighter than my Mark 5HD 3.6-18x44. Honestly, was a little disappointed in that regard when I first purchased the Mark 5. However, the glass overall on the Mark 5 is still good and has great clarity. Like the VX-6HD it also does really well in low light. My Mark 5 is the non-illuminated version because at the time I couldn't justify the added cost for illumination, but I don't think you need it anyway. There is more tunneling with the Mark 5 also.

Overall, both the Leupold's are great scopes and have served me well for their intended purposes, which has been hunting and target practice out to 1000 yard's. Neither scope has been pushed beyond that distance.

Now back to the Burris. Overall, comparing to the Leupold's I think I like the overall finish of the Leupold's better, i.e., look, feel, and locking turrets. But the XTR3i is no slouch either. It's pretty nice too. I moved the VX-6HD to the new hunting rifle I bought for my two older son's (11 and 13) and needed a new scope for the hunting rig I took that off of.

While I like Leupold, it's getting a little tougher to justify the give and take versus the cost of owning one. With the VX-6HD you get all the bells and whistles but the reticle options aren't great and they only come in second focal plane. If they had a FFP version that would prob be my go to for a hunting rifle regardless of the reticle options. The VX-5HD's are cheaper but you lose some bells and whistles and then again, SFP. The Mark 5's have great features but you got to pay more for illumination, etc. and the glass on my 3.6-18x44 isn't as bright as I think it should be.

So when shopping around, the XTR3i seemed like a great cross over option for my hunting purposes. With the 3.3-18x50 you get the lower end magnification, good glass, wide field of view, illumination, flip caps, and based on reviews, very good durability overall. Basically everything I want in a hunting scope but for half the cost (EV pricing) of my Leupold's. Hence, it seemed like a no brainer to me. Never owned a Burris before but definitely happy to give them a shot.

The older I get the more I value my money haha. I want to pay the least amount I have to for the greatest margin of value I can get. The Burris appears to do that.

So at this point, I am overall happy with the XTR3i. As I get some time behind it and hopefully some fall hunts I'll give some updates.

Hopefully this info helps anyone who is considering the purchase of an XTR3i as well.

Reactions: FuhQ and Tikkaguy
Good story about Burris CS. Bad story about Burris QC.
Bought a BTS 35v3 640 thermal directly from them. Arrived on Friday with no mount and a loose beauty ring. Send a message to the portal that night. Got a label and sent it back on Monday with 0 fuss. With UPS shipping delay, it was out and back in 2 weeks.

Reactions: FuhQ
Never have been a Burris fan and the few optics I owned were OK at best.
Combine crap CS with just OK optics and you will be spending your free time on the phone with them.

If you do get two new in box optics I would sell them and buy other glass.

Thought I'd throw some love Burris's way , I had a old Burris XTR11 8-40 give up the hunt about a month ago and went to their portal and filed a claim, got a RMA the next day (3/14/24) and got the scope mailed off a couple days later, today it showed back up to the house repaired. The repair statement said they replaced the guide tube, cleaned, and test. Quick service with no hassles and the scope is back good as new.