• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Burris Customer Services at its worst, please help/advise. (UPDATE: 09DEC23)

Thanks for pointing out that my diaper wasn't set right. Now I can get one with diopter set right.
IMG_3344.jpeg

Josh informed me that they are in fact following this thread.

So it's good to know that Burris is actually aware of their shortcomings and product discrepancies that need to be addressed, and that this entire 8 page public Spotlight is solely the result of Sean's piss poor customer service and total lack of professionalism.

I did inform Josh that I will not be going through with the review of the XTR Pro Line because between the customer support and product performance I truly have nothing positive to bring to the table at this time.

The XTR Pro does have the means to become a top contender as a mid-range feature rich scope and hopefully Burris will address the current issues and and elevate the XTR Pro back to its full potential.

I did inform Josh that I will not be going through with the review of the XTR Pro Line because between the customer support and product performance I truly have nothing positive to bring to the table at this time.
I submit you are duty bound to do a negative review as it will both warn potential customers and motivate Burris to improve.

-Stan

Reactions: Huskydriver
I submit you are duty bound to do a negative review as it will both warn potential customers and motivate Burris to improve.

-Stan
I think most of the discrepancies have been touched on throughout this thread there's really no reason to keep kicking a dead horse, both Josh and Shelby were very professional and I believe that they are putting their best efforts forward to try to resolve any further issues.

I think most of the discrepancies have been touched on throughout this thread there's really no reason to keep kicking a dead horse, both Josh and Shelby were very professional and I believe that they are putting their best efforts forward to try to resolve any further issues.

I understand, though I am disappointed, as your decision denies information and experience to potential Burris buyers that are not on Sniper’s Hide (assuming you were publishing on a blog open to all).

Burris chose to make all of this happen, not the buyer, thus to me there is no need to prioritize saving the reputation of a company over a chance to inform future buyers.

-Stan

I remember some threads in here about the XTR 3 and the XTR Pro, asking a simple question as a new member as to how they compared to X/Y models on the market, and getting some sponsored company shill foaming at the mouth about foreign manufacturing, and shit customer service, compared to these awesome MADE IN THE US optics with the absolute BEST customer service, headquartered right in Colorado...nothing like that "Cheap Chinese shit".

Hilarious how well that comment has aged. Especially with how the sponsored guys quickly disappeared from this thread as soon as OP's situation got worse, directly due to the repeat fuckups by CS at Burris.

I once had a primary arms scope with the same issue as OP. They replaced it quickly, no questions asked..must be hard to get this replacement process correct. Odd how other companies can figure it out.

After all this, I bet OP would gladly have just bought the Razors in the first place, and not wasted all of this time. That "cheap chinese shit" company sure seems to be eating others lunch lately, when it comes to taking care of their customers, and their new product releases.

I own a Burris XTR 3 as well, got it when an online shop ran them on a closeout sale. at 40-50% off, they were priced what they're worth.

When I wasnt happy with my Vortex Razor, Vortex CS arranged overnight shipping both ways, for a brand new replacement as well.

Vote with your dollar. This experience speaks volumes for others.

osh informed me that they are in fact following this thread.
On the customer service side, I suppose it can only get better since you couldn't do much worse. From a pure product standpoint, they can't be happy their crappy CS basically drove one customer and quite a few folks who probably read this thread directly to their competition, who has a reputation for stellar customer service.

I have a Pro and was attracted to it for it's purpose driven features, and I am a fervent supporter of Made in the USA products. Much to the detriment of my bank account. Mine works fine and does what it is supposed to do, sure hope it stays that way...

I remember some threads in here about the XTR 3 and the XTR Pro, asking a simple question as a new member as to how they compared to X/Y models on the market, and getting some sponsored company shill foaming at the mouth about foreign manufacturing, and shit customer service, compared to these awesome MADE IN THE US optics with the absolute BEST customer service, headquartered right in Colorado...nothing like that "Cheap Chinese shit".

Hilarious how well that comment has aged. Especially with how the sponsored guys quickly disappeared from this thread as soon as OP's situation got worse, directly due to the repeat fuckups by CS at Burris.

I once had a primary arms scope with the same issue as OP. They replaced it quickly, no questions asked..must be hard to get this replacement process correct. Odd how other companies can figure it out.

After all this, I bet OP would gladly have just bought the Razors in the first place, and not wasted all of this time. That "cheap chinese shit" company sure seems to be eating others lunch lately, when it comes to taking care of their customers, and their new product releases.

I own a Burris XTR 3 as well, got it when an online shop ran them on a closeout sale. at 40-50% off, they were priced what they're worth.

When I wasnt happy with my Vortex Razor, Vortex CS arranged overnight shipping both ways, for a brand new replacement as well.

Vote with your dollar. This experience speaks volumes for others.

I'm not sure if you're talking about @Birddog6424 but he's actually a solid dude and went out of his way to help sort this drama out. I don't believe he's actually connected to Burris but just a passionate supporter.

I had a crap customer service experience with Burris a number of years ago. Even wrote a letter to the CEO in Colorado. Never got a response. Been bashing those fuckers ever since. Burris customer service is shit. I've never owned Burris anything since and never will. Fuck Burris! On the flip side, Vortex has the best service I've ever had. Bought a used rifle with a Vortex scope. One of the turret caps was missing. Called Vortex to buy a new one. The guy said we got it. They sent me a new cap, a couple of beer Koozi's, some stickers, and a Vortex ballcap.

Last edited:
I've been lurking here forever but finally have something useful to post. I just received a brand new XTR IIIi 3.3-18x50 purchased directly from Burris through EV. Mine did come with the extra exposed windage cap. It passes visual inspection and doesn't exhibit any of the debris inside the objective and looks really clean under a flashlight. The parallax and windage are ridiculously stiff and I hope loosen up with some break-in. I like the elevation turret. Whoever designed the knurling on this thing was listening to thrash metal the entire time. This is my first Burris scope and while I'm impressed so far, I'm not going to comment on glass or sing its praises until I get it out on the range for a good while and it proves itself. I'm thankful I didn't encounter the issues the OP did.
It's worth noting that I also received a Steiner P4Xi 1-4 for my wife's AR in the same shipment, and that scope also passes visual inspection and has good fit and finish. Because this is a recent purchase, maybe it's a sign that this thread has enacted some positive change at Burris HQ. I had been contemplating the XTR III for a while based on other threads here, and this particular thread had me nervous.
Mq3txyhl.jpg

Last edited:
I've been lurking here forever but finally have something useful to post. I just received a brand new XTR III 3.3-18x50 purchased directly from Burris through EV. Mine did come with the extra exposed windage cap. It passes visual inspection and doesn't exhibit any of the debris inside the objective and looks really clean under a flashlight. The parallax and windage are ridiculously stiff and I hope loosen up with some break-in. I like the elevation turret. Whoever designed the knurling on this thing was listening to thrash metal the entire time. This is my first Burris scope and while I'm impressed so far, I'm not going to comment on glass or sing its praises until I get it out on the range for a good while and it proves itself. I'm thankful I didn't encounter the issues the OP did.
It's worth noting that I also received a Steiner P4Xi 1-4 for my wife's AR in the same shipment, and that scope also passes visual inspection and has good fit and finish. Because this is a recent purchase, maybe it's a sign that this thread has enacted some positive change at Burris HQ. I had contemplating the XTR III for a while based on other threads here, and this particular thread had me nervous.
Mq3txyhl.jpg
I received two of the Veracity PH's and they are both perfect. Super easy to use. Burris hit a home run with them. Very soon i think scopes like this are going to be everywhere. The veracity PH is about as good as the glass in other scopes about the same price, but great reticle and the built in electronics are pretty awesome. They had a bad incident that never got satisfactorily resolved. I am glad i haven't had issues with my Burris products, and i have a Pro, two non illum XTR3's, 4 various XTR2's, 2 old veracity, 2 veracity PH and an MTAC. I have burris scopes on about half of my rifles and just not too worried.

Quote from bigjake83:
"So it's good to know that Burris is actually aware of their shortcomings and product discrepancies that need to be addressed, and that this entire 8 page public Spotlight is solely the result of Sean's piss poor customer service and total lack of professionalism".
I agree with bigjake83. I've talked to both Shelby and Josh well as Sean. Shelby and Josh were very helpful and professional. Sean not so much.

Quote from bigjake83:
"So it's good to know that Burris is actually aware of their shortcomings and product discrepancies that need to be addressed, and that this entire 8 page public Spotlight is solely the result of Sean's piss poor customer service and total lack of professionalism".
I agree with bigjake83. I've talked to both Shelby and Josh well as Sean. Shelby and Josh were very helpful and professional. Sean not so much.
This dude is giving us guys named Sean who spell their name right a bad name. I'm officially stating for the record, I'm not THAT Sean.:LOL:

Reactions: cuz
Not sure where to post this, but I had a pretty negative experience. Not with people, but generally not getting what I needed in the end.
I dislike making these types of posts, but here we go.

I have zero retention issues with my Burris XTR3 3.3-18x50 and Burris told me all is OK and that I should set my scope and rifle up properly.

I am local to Burris, I shoot competitions alongside their team members somewhat frequently, and I like their product. However, this recent experience with their CS has me feeling a bit lost as a customer of theirs, and like I will not return to the brand.

I have had multiple significant zero shifts with my XTR3, where I am able to verify, put down a good group, adjust, and then be zeroed. The rifle shoots, but not where I last left it.

Rifle setup: origin, pinned rail, hawkins rings, krg bravo, proof barrel. Never has lost zero with any optic. Let alone all my other rifles that have never lost zero.

Zero Shift #1: My last range day before hunting season. I miss my 500 yard 10" cold bore "hunting test" target low. I confirm I am missing 0.3 low on all distances and targets, including MOA at 1,000 yards. I go to paper, and confirm I am 0.3 low. Adjust up, put down a zeroed group.

Zero Shift #2: Get skunked in CO hunting for a lot of reasons, but go to Nebraska on my in law's farm/hunting cabin. I miss a Doe at 520 yards, seated tripod, no wind. A shot I've never really missed before. We go to the farm to check zero(I was being a bitch and blaming my scope), and I was 1.5" left of zero. I adjust right, and put a good group back to zero. I take a doe at 560 yards that evening with a solid vitals shot.

I sent the scope to Burris after this, claiming zero shift problems. They quote 4-5 weeks. I receive a shipping notice and a "your scope is done" email 10 days later. I call to ask what was wrong and what they fixed....and they tested the scope and said all was OK, and did not repair anything as the scope tested fine. I tell them the above, and ask for them to take another look. 2 days later I get a shipping notice with no communication back to me.

The repair notes are essentially "we agree with the initial assessment, the scope is fine, we suggest the customer sets diopter and parallax correctly so they can properly zero the rifle."

I feel like I as the customer am being blamed for an optic that does not hold zero, when I have proven my shooter ability and rifle ability ON REPEAT. Guns that repeatedly shoot 1/2" groups don't just up and move 1" down or 1.5" to the left, where you can then shoot another 1/2" group in the same wrong location. That does not happen unless a zero shift has occurred.

I expected better from Burris to listen to the customer issues they are seeing. And I hate making this post. But I feel burned on a high end optic that I can't trust when I'm doing everything I can to make an ethical shot on an animal(shooting 500+ yards is not ethical with a non-zeroed rifle, FYI).

Zero shift #1 below.
RDT_20231215_1501415966951787625955365.jpg

Not sure where to post this, but I had a pretty negative experience. Not with people, but generally not getting what I needed in the end.

I have zero retention issues with my Burris XTR3 3.3-18x50 and Burris told me all is OK and that I should set my scope and rifle up properly.

I am local to Burris, I shoot competitions alongside their team members somewhat frequently, and I like their product. However, this recent experience with their CS has me feeling a bit lost as a customer of theirs, and like I will not return to the brand.

I have had multiple significant zero shifts with my XTR3, where I am able to verify, put down a good group, adjust, and then be zeroed. The rifle shoots, but not where I last left it.

Rifle setup: origin, pinned rail, hawkins rings, krg bravo, proof barrel. Never has lost zero with any optic. Let alone all my other rifles that have never lost zero.

Zero Shift #1: My last range day before hunting season. I miss my 500 yard 10" cold bore "hunting test" target low. I confirm I am missing 0.3 low on all distances and targets, including MOA at 1,000 yards. I go to paper, and confirm I am 0.3 low. Adjust up, put down a zeroed group.

Zero Shift #2: Get skunked in CO hunting for a lot of reasons, but go to Nebraska on my in law's farm/hunting cabin. I miss a Doe at 520 yards, seated tripod, no wind. A shot I've never really missed before. We go to the farm to check zero(I was being a bitch and blaming my scope), and I was 1.5" left of zero. I adjust right, and put a good group back to zero. I take a doe at 560 yards that evening with a solid vitals shot.

I sent the scope to Burris after this, claiming zero shift problems. They quote 4-5 weeks. I receive a shipping notice and a "your scope is done" email 10 days later. I call to ask what was wrong and what they fixed....and they tested the scope and said all was OK, and did not repair anything as the scope tested fine. I tell them the above, and ask for them to take another look. 2 days later I get a shipping notice with no communication back to me.

The repair notes are essentially "we agree with the initial assessment, the scope is fine, we suggest the customer sets diopter and parallax correctly so they can properly zero the rifle."

I feel like I as the customer am being blamed for an optic that does not hold zero, when I have proven my shooter ability and rifle ability ON REPEAT. Guns that repeatedly shoot 1/2" groups don't just up and move 1" down or 1.5" to the left, where you can then shoot another 1/2" group in the same wrong location. That does not happen unless a zero shift has occurred.

I expected better from Burris to listen to the customer issues they are seeing. And I hate making this post. But I feel burned on a high end optic that I can't trust when I'm doing everything I can to make an ethical shot on an animal(shooting 500+ yards is not ethical with a non-zeroed rifle, FYI).

Zero shift #1 below.
View attachment 8297381

I had that exact issue with a 22BR. Mine did the same thing with multiple optics. Ended up being the bolt. Brand new action, zero oil on the firing pin, inconsistent ignition timing. Took forever to figure it out.

You drop a LOT of information on this thread, but no where in all that did you say you put a different scope on the rifle and it solved the problem. Everyone has rifle issues. Everyone. The optic swap is the first thing you do to see if it's the rifle or the scope. You say you shoot well with other rifles, but never say you eliminated this rifle as the problem. Burris says it's not the scope, but you don't believe them. Scope tracking is an easy test for an optics manufacturer.

I know it's all the rage in this thread for folks to air their laundry against Burris. Next month it'll be someone else, but for now this one has to run its course. My suggestion would be to maybe do a little more testing on your rifle. It sounds like it may have something wrong with it.

Last edited:
I had that exact issue with a 22BR. Mine did the same thing with multiple optics. Ended up being the bolt. Brand new action, zero oil on the firing pin, inconsistent ignition timing. Took forever to figure it out.

You drop a LOT of information on this thread, but no where in all that did you say you put a different scope on the rifle and it solved the problem. Everyone has rifle issues. Everyone. The optic swap is the first thing you do to see if it's the rifle or the scope. You say you shoot well with other rifles, but never say you eliminated this rifle as the problem. Burris says it's not the scope, but you don't believe them. Scope tracking is an easy test for an optics manufacturer.

I know it's all the rage in this thread for folks to air their laundry against Burris. Next month it'll be someone else, but for now this one has to run its course. My suggestion would be to maybe do a little more testing on your rifle. It sounds like it may have something wrong with it.
Or put the scope on a different rifle to verify it's the problem.

Everyone needs a good 22 that you can cheaply test scopes your are suspect of.

I read that as he has tried other optics, but of course the fluffer is going to blame it on the rifle and then covertly ghost the thread again once confirmed because nothing can ever be wrong with a Burris even when there is.

I read that as he has tried other optics, but of course the fluffer is going to blame it on the rifle and then covertly ghost the thread again once confirmed because nothing can ever be wrong with a Burris even when there is.

Right.

Implying that its "all the rage" to shit on Burris when the things that happened in this thread are some of the worst customer service in history is fucking RICH. lol

Just solidifying that cancelled purchase. Happier with that decision each time I check this thread.

Reactions: AleksanderSuave

Do you not believe that Steiner/Burris is having some serious issues lately with QC ... especially with the frequency of people posting more about it than other brands? You can't be that naive ... people wouldn't spend their money JUST so they can come on the Hide to blast Steiner/Burris ...

Take a look at my scenario ... 4 out of 4 Steiner scope products had QC issues ... Two M-Series, 1 P-series and 1-S-series ... back to back to back to back purchases ... brand new Steiner laser was defective as well ...

LET ME SPELL IT OUT ... STEINER/BURRIS QUALITY CONTROL HAS WENT TO CRAP SINCE COVID ... that is a FACT in my experience and others are backing up those facts ... the debris inside my optics at those price points are not acceptable ...

Steiner/Burris needs to freakin' buck up and figure out it's finalized QC (because its lackluster right now) ... is it a manufacturing issue or people assembling the optics ... its led to believe they just don't freakin' care about assembling the devices properly in the last 4 years ... it has been my experience and refuse to give my hard earn money back to Steiner/Burris just so I can be let down again and wait months on getting things resolved ... sorry ...

Last edited:
I'm not making excuses for Burris. Management is aware of what's going on, and they are addressing it. Sometimes you have to confront hard truths to make progress. I have faith that they'll get squared away.

Like with so many other manufacturers who have had these threads happen to them on pretty much every forum I follow, Burris/Steiner will get their act together and move forward. They've been making scopes for 50 years, with lots of highs and lows along the way. They'll be making scopes for another 50 years I'm sure.

I tend to track threads like this at a macro level to try and see what the overall issue is. At this time, I think there might be a QC problem at the Colorado assembly line as there are more issues highlighted with the XTR Pro and some Steiner optics. It seems like their scopes that are made by Scopro in the Philippines are much more consistent, which is to be expected since Scopro produces a lot of quality scopes for many brands. In my case, I got very good examples of a Philippines assembled XTRIIIi and Colorado assembled Steiner P4Xi. So, it's not every scope coming off the line, but there is something that needs to be addressed. I think we have good confirmation that they are addressing it, and I hope Burris has enough autonomy from it's parent company Beretta to be empowered to get it squared away. I will say this, we should cheer Burris to succeed because they have resisted going to China OEMs and it would benefit us all if their business model proves to work.

Last edited:
Quote from rybe390:

That's exactly the same scenario I went thru when I sent my XTRII into Burris. Seems like that's their go to MO now. Blame it on the customer!!. t's going back again. with targets to show the problem and a detailed letter explaining the problem once again. Might not help but one can hope.

I tend to track threads like this at a macro level to try and see what the overall issue is. At this time, I think there might be a QC problem at the Colorado assembly line as there are more issues highlighted with the XTR Pro and some Steiner optics. It seems like their scopes that are made by Scopro in the Philippines are much more consistent, which is to be expected since Scopro produces a lot of quality scopes for many brands. In my case, I got very good examples of a Philippines assembled XTRIIIi and Colorado assembled Steiner P4Xi. So, it's not every scope coming off the line, but there is something that needs to be addressed. I think we have good confirmation that they are addressing it, and I hope Burris has enough autonomy from it's parent company Beretta to be empowered to get it squared away. I will say this, we should cheer Burris to succeed because they have resisted going to China OEMs and it would benefit us all if their business model proves to work.
I want them to do well. I want them to be an excellent brand SO BADLY.

I need for them to take care of me as a customer who gave them(on industry order) just short of $1,000 for me to want them to do well.

Zero shift #1 below.
View attachment 8297381
I have had a zero shift like that before. Found out my scope was slipping in the rings (angled base).
The scopeshift was very slight and oddly enough it remained in line, so windage wasn't affected.

This brings back bad memories. I had a Burris fail, condensation in the tube. It was on a rifle that had great sentimental value to me and I wanted to keep the same optic on it. Sent the scope in and they returned it saying "repair costs exceed value". So much for a lifetime warranty.

This was years ago, never considered anything from them again. If they would have stood by their warranty I never would have considered anything but Burris. Since then I've bought many, many other brands.
Glad I never bought another Burris.
Glad the OP finally got squared away.

I just had a positive interaction with Burris today. CS was very quick to respond to my email and they are send a replacement part at no cost. I was just inquiring on how to purchase it, not asking for anything free.

Reactions: Tikkaguy
Unsure if Steiner and Burris use the same C/S employees or not in Greeley, but thought I’d share my very recent experience (yesterday).

I called about an issue with a fairly new T6xi on Monday. I was told to expect a return label by email later that day. Not only did I receive a return label I also received a shipping notification.
I checked the tracking code with UPS and something was shipped Next Day Air.
At 10:00 am this morning a new T6xi was delivered and I handed the driver the return box.

Wow, completely unexpected and very appreciated Steiner/Burris!!!!

This brings back bad memories. I had a Burris fail, condensation in the tube. It was on a rifle that had great sentimental value to me and I wanted to keep the same optic on it. Sent the scope in and they returned it saying "repair costs exceed value". So much for a lifetime warranty.

This was years ago, never considered anything from them again. If they would have stood by their warranty I never would have considered anything but Burris. Since then I've bought many, many other brands.
So was there a true lifetime warranty on the optic?
Did they offer you a replacement optic?
Not repairing the exact scope you sent it may no longer be possible if the scope and parts are long discontinued. Manufactures aren't going to keep old parts on hand for decades.
Most of the time in this situation you get offered a fair value new item, or some sort of discount on whatever else you want.

Glad I never bought another Burris.
Glad the OP finally got squared away.

Let's be honest here, no company can repair a product forever. Try to get updates for your Blackberry. Products change and advance. I'm sure they would have repaired it for you if they were able.

I would be very hard put to believe they just left you hanging. I've heard tons of stories of them giving fair market value and more for obsolete products. I know of a case where they gave a guy new binos to replace broken binos that were 40 years old. At least be fair and acknowledge that there is only so much a company that has been around since the 1970's can do to make good on their older product.

Last edited:
Let's be honest here, no company can repair a product forever. Try to get updates for your Blackberry. Products change and advance.
Burris does say “FOREVER WARRANTY. No questions asked”
But also says “These warranties do not cover defects due to normal wear and tear, damage due to misuse, alteration to the product, loss, theft, deliberate damage, or cosmetic damage.” (Copied from Burris website)

So there is a limited lifetime. And don’t cover normal wear and tear. Understandable, but don’t say it’s forever warranty then. That’s dishonest.

Compare that to a Vortex VIP warranty.
“You see, it doesn't matter how it happened, whose fault it was or where you purchased it. If you ever have a problem, no matter the cause, we promise to take care of you. You can count on the VIP Warranty for all Vortex Optics riflescopes, prism scopes, red dots, rangefinders, binoculars, spotting scopes, tripods and monoculars.

• UNLIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY
  • FULLY TRANSFERABLE
  • NO RECEIPT NEEDED
The VIP Warranty does not cover loss, theft, deliberate damage or cosmetic damage that does not hinder the performance of the product.“
(Copied from their website)

Burris does say “FOREVER WARRANTY. No questions asked”
But also says “These warranties do not cover defects due to normal wear and tear, damage due to misuse, alteration to the product, loss, theft, deliberate damage, or cosmetic damage.” (Copied from Burris website)

So there is a limited lifetime. And don’t cover normal wear and tear. Understandable, but don’t say it’s forever warranty then. That’s dishonest.

Compare that to a Vortex VIP warranty.
“You see, it doesn't matter how it happened, whose fault it was or where you purchased it. If you ever have a problem, no matter the cause, we promise to take care of you. You can count on the VIP Warranty for all Vortex Optics riflescopes, prism scopes, red dots, rangefinders, binoculars, spotting scopes, tripods and monoculars.

• UNLIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY
  • FULLY TRANSFERABLE
  • NO RECEIPT NEEDED
The VIP Warranty does not cover loss, theft, deliberate damage or cosmetic damage that does not hinder the performance of the product.“
(Copied from their website)
That’s not dishonest. “Forever” and “unlimited” are two different things.

Reactions: FuhQ
That’s not dishonest. “Forever” and “unlimited” are two different things.
True, it’s misleading though. No product has a lifetime that lasts forever.

In that case I would rather have a VIP warranty instead of a forever warranty. 😂

True, it’s misleading though. No product has a lifetime that lasts forever.

In that case I would rather have a VIP warranty instead of a forever warranty. 😂

It's not misleading, it's semantics. What is wear and tear? Who gonna say it broke because it was old? Are we seriously gonna be this anal folks? Now we are arguing over website verbiage line by line? 🤣

Burris covers the product. If it has their name on it, they cover it. Pretty much every scope manufacturer prior to Vortex built scopes with a limited lifetime warranty. Very little was actually protected. When Burris adopted the Forever Warranty, they went retro on all those scopes previously not covered. All those people with 30 to 50 year old scopes and binos were now covered, and they've done an amazing job of taking care of them. No one said anything to those people about "normal wear and tear". No company can repair decades old product that they no longer have parts or machinery to service. Not Leupold, not Kahles, not Vortex. But they can still stand behind their product with a fair market value exchange. That's still great service. They've exchanged tons of old worn out products with fair credit or modern products. And nothing was said about wear and tear.

We must be winding down on things to complain about if this is our subject matter..

I’m not complaining. I don’t own a single Burris. Just find it funny how some come on and bag anyone that has a negative review of a company.

I don’t own a vortex either.

At this point I only own Leupold and nightforce. I hear people say negative about warranties from both. Do I care? Not at all.

But someone like @P&Y comes and says they had a bad experience, and you reply with this

It's true. I seriously doubt they did nothing. That's called being honest. Is that not allowed here? It's a rifle scope, not a child or beloved dog. An old rifle scope to boot by the sounds of it. A shame it has value to the user beyond a simple optic and they're unable to repair it. But let's be honest here and not treat it like it's some bad sort of thing. Product support has a shelf life in every industry. So why are we looking at that post and acting like Burris the bad guy here? They're no different than anyone else.

Edit; That's actually not accurate. It was the rifle had sentimental value and the poster wanted to keep the same optic on it. And states this was "many years ago". Back when they were still Limited Lifetime like everyone else? Old obsolete scope? Man, there's a lot of grey area here.

With all due respect fellas, how many years are we gonna go back to recount every interaction with a 50 year old company?

Last edited:
It's true. I seriously doubt they did nothing. That's called being honest. Is that not allowed here? It's a rifle scope, not a child or beloved dog. An old rifle scope to boot by the sounds of it. A shame it has value to the user beyond a simple optic and they're unable to repair it. But let's be honest here and not treat it like it's some bad sort of thing. Product support has a shelf life in every industry. So why are we looking at that post and acting like Burris the bad guy here? They're no different than anyone else.
I agree. If I have something that’s “beyond its useful life” I don’t care much if it isn’t warranty covered.

Burris has some good products, and even in the rare case the op had, they gave the money back, if I followed that correctly. What more can you ask for.

Reactions: Birddog6424
And just so we're clear. We're talking about one customer and a handful of optics with internal dust/debris. A recent issue, out of thousands manufactured in the last two plus years.

And it's not a new thing. This has happened to everyone, going back years.

There's plenty of these out there. This is 10 minutes work to find. Hopefully this will bring a little perspective to all you folks that didn't realize manufacturers assemble these optics with grease or a sticky product inside to capture excess dust and debris. That product doesn't always work. It pretty much crops up in scopes from every manufacturer from time to time. This isn't a new thing and it's most certainly not exclusive to Burris. Every single scope manufacturer that every one of you guys own has had this occur.

To be clear my experience was with an optic that was about 8 years old. Probably a discontinued item but not some vintage relic. It looked new and modern. Probably under older warranty verbage also but I recal it being implied there was a forever type warranty. I get items just wearing out. I guess a bit of explanation would have gone a long way with me. Just saying repair cost exceeds value rubbed me the wrong way when there was an implied warranty. If they would have said x,y,z so not covered and maybe offered a 10% off coupon or some small gesture would have took the sting off. Since then I've dealt with several different companies and know they would have been better but again this was almost 10 years ago.