• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Burris Customer Services at its worst, please help/advise. (UPDATE: 09DEC23)

That would be nice, I ordered two Vortex Razor GEN 3's last night.
Hi, which specific model Razor did you decide on as a replacement? I’m curious as I’ll be looking for something in the 5-25x range in the spring, and the Burris was at the top of my list due to value for the money, and a locking reticle focus. I haven’t fully ruled out the Burris, but I do want to consider all options before buying something, and I really like my recent Razor HD LHT purchase.
Thanks.

Hi, which specific model Razor did you decide on as a replacement?
If it's a Gen 3 it can only be a 1-10 or 6-36 so he got the 6-36 I assume (think lowest price atm is $2450 for the black ones at EuroOptic). I recently got a 6-36 as well that I won't be able to try out for another month unfortunately so I'm looking forward to what he thinks.

Reactions: bigjake83
That's dumb as hell, Burris used to ship a capped and exposed windage turret with their scopes for free.

I don't want to get the tinfoil out... but something changed @ Burris after the release of the XTR3, possibly after the XTR3i. My guess was it has to do with management. Quick search shows:

VP Operations - Burris was hiring earlier this year. Don't know the status/outcome.

CFO - pretty new @ 2.25yrs. Big "reports" guy, mentions margin expansion, cost savings... nothing on his LinkedIn really jumps out to suggest he's a good fit. He may be great for Burris, but my gut feeling is this guy gets stuck in the weeds, can't see the forest from the trees.

Senior Controller - new @ <6mo, probably brought into boost margins. I'm not going to link it, but his LinkedIn looks like the quintessential bottom-tier consultant that's brought in by milquetoast management and absolutely wrecks shop with their "critical thinking" "cost management" "communication skills" "slide decks" and "teamwork".

All of the other people have been at Burris/Steiner for 4-18 years.

If the CS issues in this thread continue, these new guys will absolutely be the ones to catch the blame.

I just received a new XTR III and it came with both capped and exposed Windage.

I just received a new XTR III and it came with both capped and exposed Windage.
Mine did as well, but I purchased it about a year ago. It’s my understanding they’ve discontinued shipping with both, but that was something I read somewhere on SH

Mine did as well, but I purchased it about a year ago. It’s my understanding they’ve discontinued shipping with both, but that was something I read somewhere on SH
I believed they stopped doing it with the realese of XTR IIIi , someone here was kind enough to send me one.

A lot of people have zero plans to use capped turrets. However, someone else got them in the box and they didn't receive any, they feel cheated.

I don't get it at all.

I know it doesn't apply to everyone, but it's very common.
Well, I don’t feel cheated, but if they were giving them away with scopes at one point, they can’t be too expensive to make. And, they shouldn’t have randomly put them in some, then not in others. They should have stuck to either putting them in all scope boxes, or just selling them separately on their websites or through dealers. It’s a stupid way of doing business with zero logic behind it.

Reactions: adubeau
My XTR is a 3i, so perhaps they were just clearing inventory.

Did your box come with a spot in the foam cut out for the extra windage turret?
Mine is a 3i that I bought earlier this year, that came with the cutout in the foam, but no extra cap. Scope was fully sealed in the plastic when I got it, so that’s how it left the factory.

Reactions: BCP
I want to support American businesses as much as I can and I hope Burris/Steiner can get back to pre-2019 quality … but right now even Chinese optics have better QC than the Colorado operation …

I called and asked for a non-capped windshield turret for my XTRIIIi. Whoever I spoke to was polite but put me on hold for a few minutes and then came and replied it was $50 for the turret. I don’t need it not would I use it but figured I would see what the response would be and it may help the resale if I ever sale it.
I called about 6 months ago and the guy mailed immediately responded, no problem and mailed one out promptly just fyi. He said the policy has changed.

Well, I don’t feel cheated, but if they were giving them away with scopes at one point, they can’t be too expensive to make. And, they shouldn’t have randomly put them in some, then not in others. They should have stuck to either putting them in all scope boxes, or just selling them separately on their websites or through dealers. It’s a stupid way of doing business with zero logic behind it.

You're good. I wasn't even thinking about your post.

It was directed at the ones that have to have them, but will never remove them from the plastic baggie.

My stepson always bitches about what other people get...

• Haha
Reactions: FuhQ and Gohring65
I called and asked for a non-capped windshield turret for my XTRIIIi. Whoever I spoke to was polite but put me on hold for a few minutes and then came and replied it was $50 for the turret. I don’t need it not would I use it but figured I would see what the response would be and it may help the resale if I ever sale it.
I called about 6 months ago and the guy mailed immediately responded, no problem and mailed one out promptly just fyi. He said the policy has changed.
So I guess I need to give them a call this afternoon. 🤔 Good info to know. 👍🏼

That immaterial. Burris and the rest of these companies did not create this situation. The gov paying people not to work and destroying the labor market in the process is who needs to be blamed. Companies cannot find workers at less than $30/hr. Which is coincidentally about the COL equivalency you get from public assistance. Those who are working are drug addicts, people too stupid to use a computer , no/low skill and IQ people ,ect. There is a huge disconnect between what companies can pay for these positions and people who can fill the seats.

Not to mention the issues it makes with your skilled workforce who make from $30-$60/hr and the erosion of their purchasing power relative to their skills, knowledge and value.

The solution is simple. People who don't work should starve to death. Point black, period. Contribute to society or be removed from it.
I literally went through 3 special ed kids and a diversity hire to return something at Home Depot last weekend. So true.

Bad part is; it ain't fixable

Reactions: TheMammoth
I want to support American businesses as much as I can and I hope Burris/Steiner can get back to pre-2019 quality … but right now even Chinese optics have better QC than the Colorado operation …
Username suspicion

Funny thing is those 10 scopes will be in circulation now lolololol

My user name is suspicious?
Atilla the Hun was Mongolian...Mongolia is basically located in north-central China.

He was making a joke about your username being based on people from China, because you said that China was making better scopes than Burris.

This made me laugh!
It reminds me of my old boss venting one day about his step dad and step brother. For Christmas he got a H&R single shot 12 gauge, his step brother got a 870 wingmaster. Lol

Half his kid, only gets half the present. Seems fair… 🤣
Not his kid at all. I read that as the kid's mom can't suck a golf ball through a garden hose.

Reactions: Gohring65
Check out the quality threads on this XTR3.

Attachments

• IMG_0403.jpeg
    IMG_0403.jpeg
    298.7 KB · Views: 202
Yuck ... seriously ... Chinese stuff is better made ...

Yeah, the machining was never a strong suit of the xtr3.

I added the polished parts on the illum from 10-11, the rest is factory. I may add pics once I have some sunlight

Attachments

• IMG_3533.jpeg
    IMG_3533.jpeg
    527.5 KB · Views: 102
I will say that the inside of my T6xi looks about the same on the inside. Build quality is pretty bad. The function and controls are passable. And the optical performance is very good. But The German m series are great inside by comparison. Not sure where they source the chassis from but it looks like a Chinese sewer pipe. I know they have to hit a price point but my Arken ep5 looks better inside.

Reactions: TheMammoth and BCP
Bought a brand new XTR3i 5.5-30 direct from Burris in October and it had both windage options in the box 🤷‍♀️

So all Burris XTR Pro's have been returned and refunds have been issued and received.

Both of my Vortex Gen 3 Razors 6-36 x 56 have also been delivered, and they are nothing short of spectacular. All controls operate smooth and cleanly, the parallax doesn't feel like it needs a throw lever to operate. The Mag Ring is smooth as butter and doesn't feel like it's rolling over gravel.
The elevation turrets on the XTR were mooshy and barley audible making it impossible to count your adjustments without visually watching as you make elevation adjustments. The locking Elevation and Windage Turrets on the GEN3 Razors are very tactile and audible making it easy to track your adjustments without having to come off Scope as you make adjustments. And the best part NO DEBRIS INSIDE!..LOL

IMO Glass quality with the GEN 3's is the best I've seen in the 2K range only being rivaled by Tier 1 glass such as Zeiss, ZC,
Premie, TT..... but doesn't seem to give up much or anything compared to NF, Minox, or Kahles.

The lower end magnification range on the GEN3 R is much more usable on the lower end with its slightly thicker Reticle, with the XTR at 12x and under the reticle is unreadable compared to the Gen 3 where the reticle is easily readable throughout the entire magnification range.

The only attributes I wish the Gen 3 Razors had was a locking Diopter and the ability to switch between Red to Green illumination.

Last edited:
So all Burris XTR Pro's have been returned and refunds have been issued and received.

Both of my Vortex Gen 3 Razors 6-36 x 56 have also been delivered, and they are nothing short of special. All controls operate smooth and cleanly, the parallax doesn't feel like it needs a throw lever to operate. The Mag Ring is smooth as butter and doesn't feel like it's rolling over gravel.
The elevation turrets on the XTR were mooshy and barley audible making it impossible to count your adjustments without visually watching as you make elevation adjustments. The locking Elevation and Windage Turrets on the GEN3 Razors are very tactile and audible making it easy to keep track your adjustments without having to come off Scope as you make adjustments. And the best part NO DEBRIS INSIDE!..LOL

IMO Glass quality with the GEN 3's is the best I've seen in the 2K range only being rivaled by Tier 1 glass such as Zeiss, ZC,
Premie, TT..... but doesn't seem to give up much or anything compared to NF, Minox, or Kahles.

The lower end magnification range on the GEN3 R is much more usable on the lower end with its slightly thicker Reticle, with the XTR at 12x and under the reticle is unreadable compared to the Gen 3 where the reticle is easily readable throughout the entire magnification range.

The only attributes I wish the Gen 3 Razors had was a locking Doppler and the ability to switch between Red to Green illumination.
Good to hear. I think the gen iii is a nice scope from all accounts. Butttttttt it will never have a place in my safe just wayyyyy to fuckin heavy. And I’m not a prs shooter so it doesn’t help me. For 2700 I’ll just buy another zp5 if I need something of that flavor.

I will say that the inside of my T6xi looks about the same on the inside. Build quality is pretty bad. The function and controls are passable. And the optical performance is very good. But The German m series are great inside by comparison. Not sure where they source the chassis from but it looks like a Chinese sewer pipe. I know they have to hit a price point but my Arken ep5 looks better inside.

I had a Steiner 3-12x older tactical etc one and a T5Xi 3-15x, the older model was better constructed/better image quality although I liked the size of the t5xi a lot more. Wouldn't say no to either one but there was a clear difference in certain areas.

Reactions: Tikkaguy
My T5 and M7 didn’t have any obvious issues like that because I would have sent them back but neither tracked for shit and the glass in the T5 was absolute garbage. The T5 went back multiple times.

My T5 and M7 didn’t have any obvious issues like that because I would have sent them back but neither tracked for shit and the glass in the T5 was absolute garbage. The T5 went back multiple times.
T5 was a bad design I skipped over them. The m7 had some bad optical calibrations. Kinda milky or alot of ca. but I’ve never seen or heard of any m series steiners not track or hold zero u less it took a hit or a fall. And I’ve seen and owned quite a few. Still got a soft spot for them. Probly wouldn’t pay retail for one tho

Burris customer service is plain shit! I sent in a pair of signature series 10x 50 binos that crapped out (granted they were old) about 3 yrs ago and they said couldnt fix sent me a cheap ass bottom of the barrel pair back as a replacement. called them and said BS want as good as I had got told to go get lost that was all I was going to get. wont ever buy Burris again

When I received my XTRII the front lens cap ws broken. The Diaopter was turned fully clockwise and the Elevation turret was at maximum elevation. I called Burris and asked them how do I adjust for zero with the turret elevation maxed out. I was told to count the number of clicks until the turret stoped. Then set the turret and half the number of clicks and I would be able to follow the procedure to get the zero stop set.
Went to the range Friday did the initial set up at 25 yards, no problem. Went to 100 yards. Ran out of elevation with the shots hitting 3 1/2 inches below the center bull on a splatter burst target.
Guess I'll have to talk to Burris again this morning.

When I received my XTRII the front lens cap ws broken. The Diaopter was turned fully clockwise and the Elevation turret was at maximum elevation. I called Burris and asked them how do I adjust for zero with the turret elevation maxed out. I was told to count the number of clicks until the turret stoped. Then set the turret and half the number of clicks and I would be able to follow the procedure to get the zero stop set.
Went to the range Friday did the initial set up at 25 yards, no problem. Went to 100 yards. Ran out of elevation with the shots hitting 3 1/2 inches below the center bull on a splatter burst target.
Guess I'll have to talk to Burris again this morning.
Looks like another Burris shit show in the making.

Talked to Sean@ Burris yesterday. When I explained what was going on with the elevation turret being sent back to me maxed out his comment was "I've never seen one sent back that way". I also asked if it was common to send the diaper back turned fully clockwise instead of centered he said all he could do was send me an RMA which he did. He seemed somewhat annoyed at this point. My least comment was "I hope it gets sent back set to factory specs. End of discussion.

Talked to Sean@ Burris yesterday. When I explained what was going on with the elevation turret being sent back to me maxed out his comment was "I've never seen one sent back that way". I also asked if it was common to send the diaper back turned fully clockwise instead of centered he said all he could do was send me an RMA which he did. He seemed somewhat annoyed at this point. My least comment was "I hope it gets sent back set to factory specs. End of discussion.

I never got a diaper with mine!?! Maybe if I call they can send me one so I am not missing out. Lol