• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Burris Customer Services at its worst, please help/advise. (UPDATE: 09DEC23)

I actually requested that, in light of what has transpired with Burris I told them I didn't feel comfortable sending in yet again the defective Scopes until I got the new ones.

I'm really hoping this is a isolated event but the more research I do the more it seems to be a common occurrence.

The shift supervisor did mention that some of the CS reps work from home, there's definitely a breakdown somewhere.
After all that went down, I feel you deserve to put some stipulations in place.

Reactions: adubeau
So, I do A LOT of CS recovery at my job.
So does my fiancé

We work in a very busy hospital, in the ER and trauma specialty only.

If you think CS from retail is bad, you should hear the crap I do from staff, doctors to housekeepers.
Pro tip, the offenders arent God fearing, family oriented, liberty loving folks with any common sense.
Nutter libs who feel entitled to unload their BS without filter whenever they want.

Saddens me.
Its all just a paycheck and not a calling anymore.

Hopefully it works out this go AND they listen to your issues and fix things on their end.

I’ve said it time and time again… Burris is garbage. Funny how Burris_Dawg is always MIA on the threads like these but is always there in the threads to talk people into buying this junk saying they’re just as good as USA and Japanese scopes costing half again to twice as much.

I'm not MIA, I have a life.

And to break that mean-spirited, tiny little thing you call a heart, I'm going to get this taken care of.

I actually requested that, in light of what has transpired with Burris I told them I didn't feel comfortable sending in yet again the defective Scopes until I got the new ones.

I'm really hoping this is a isolated event but the more research I do the more it seems to be a common occurrence.

The shift supervisor did mention that some of the CS reps work from home, there's definitely a breakdown somewhere.

Shit. I want that job. Work from home in Florida, represent a Colorado company.

Me: Okay sir, I'll go over to the warranty section and speak to the tech.
I'll be back in four days. Hold please.

Customer: Uh, what? No! Dammit!!

Loud, shitty elevator music begins...

I'm sure it's not that way, but damn if I don't see the humor in it.

I had almost the same experience in the last 2 weeks with my XTR II. For whatever reason my AR which before had consistently shot 5 shot ~ 1moa 100 groups started shooting grapefruit sized 100 yards groups.Thinking it might be me having a bad day I had my buddy shoot my AR, same results.
Went to the range a few days later. I replace the XTR II with a ACOG and on a splatter burst target at 100 yards was able to keep 10 shot well inside the center red dot. The 10 shoot group measured about 1.5 moa.
SO I called Burris and got, you guessed it I got Sean. Explained what had happed. He sent me a RMA label and off it went to Burris. 4 days after they received it I get an email saying my all was scope well with my scope. I immediately called them and asked the rep what happened. to the 5-6 week estimate on repair. Sean said depends on what they get in and if repairs are needed. I once again I reiterated what I had gone thru. He said he would have the technician look at it again. 4 days later I got the scope back with the the explanation it checked out fine and they couldn't replicate my problem. To top it if the tech left the elevation turret max to at maximum elevation adjustment. You would think he would have set it factory setting so if I decide to use the scope I can zero it as per instruction.
This sucks butter milk.

Thanks for reaching out Big Jake. It's hunting season, I'm not around much.

All companies make mistakes gang. They're ran by these flawed individuals called humans.

Bumping this up to get it taken care of.

Mistakes from time to time are expected but seriously, this is a mistake?

First they sent out TWO of their flagship scopes with debris inside them.

Then they did an RMA to get them back and fix them.

Then they returned them still fucked up.

Then they did a second RMA to replace them.

They didn’t replace them and sent back the same fucked up scopes in the same fucked up condition and blatantly lied to the customer about replacing them who had pics of the serial numbers.

Then the rep told him to go be someone else’s customer when he called him out on his lie and so many fuck ups

But yeah, it was just a little mistake.

The only way they could fuck this up further at this point would be to ship him out some other defective customer returns or refurbs.

I’m glad their fluffer made it to the party finally though. I’m sure everything will be ok now.

Thanks for reaching out Big Jake. It's hunting season, I'm not around much.

All companies make mistakes gang. They're ran by these flawed individuals called humans.

Bumping this up to get it taken care of.

Thanks I appreciate your help. Shelby is gonna get (2) new one's sent out today or monday.

Now if you can modify Sean's attitude, and give the CS techs a kick in the ass that would definitely improve Burris current standing.

They didn’t replace them and sent back the same fucked up scopes in the same fucked up condition and blatantly lied to the customer about replacing them who had pics of the serial numbers.

Then the rep told him to go be someone else’s customer when he called him out on his lie and so many fuck ups

The only way they could fuck this up further at this point would be to ship him out some other defective customer returns or refurbs.

I’m glad their fluffer made it to the party finally though. I’m sure everything will be ok now.

@Birddog6424 is a good guy, he's just a passionate supporter same way I am with Seekins, JP, Vortex, Nightforce...

Every manufacture can, and has, had issues with debris on their lenses. That's why they all use clean rooms. But it's imperfect.

Every manufacturer has made CS errors.

Every poster on this forum, every human who's ever bought anything, knows people make mistakes.

You're the only one who will blow this out of proportion. So have you're fun while you can. It's been years since something like this has happened, it'll be years before it happens again. I'm sure everyone on this forum has the measure of you by now.

Every manufacture can, and has, had issues with debris on their lenses. That's why they all use clean rooms. But it's imperfect.

Every manufacturer has made CS errors.

Every poster on this forum, every human who's ever bought anything, knows people make mistakes.

You're the only one who will blow this out of proportion. So have you're fun while you can. It's been years since something like this has happened, it'll be years before it happens again. I'm sure everyone on this forum has the measure of you by now.
Making a mistake is one thing telling someone to go be someone elses customer is a whole nuther matter.

@D_TROS hopefully you or Birddog can help this gentleman.

Burris seems to have earned a decent reputation with the XTR 3/Pro would be a Shane to see it ruined by a single bad CS experience.

Very few complaints on the PRO from what i have heard after couple years. still no excuse for some service rep being on the rag. just do your job!

curious what actually happened to the scope. im betting they looked through the scope and the image was fine and sent them back...

Glad he is getting taken care of. crazy irritating thats for sure.

hope the new ones are better. lol redneck might blow a gasket!!

GL
DT

I remember having a nock down drag out with burris CS years ago over an xtr 4-16. By the time it was all said and done I think I chewed out every CS rep in the place and waited about 9 months. Then I finally recive a scope, then another, then another, then another. Every CS person in the place must have sent me a scope. They even started sending them back to me when I started sending them back to them. Lol.

Glad they got it sorted. My experience has always been having to fight with them or receuve sub standard service or returned products. My fogged xtr3 came back with tool marks from disassembly.

What probably happened:

*Guy buys a Burris XTR3. It comes in and has a problem*

*Guy goes to call Burris. Guy confuses his Burris XTR with a Bushnell XRS. Guy calls Bushnell on accident.*

Guy: "Hello, your XTR3 has a problem, can you help me?"
Bushnell CS dude: "....*silence*.... You know you really suck, and we really suck too, and you should probably do business with someone else *CLICK*"

Something is happening across the board as far as employee and customer service. It’s very likely the worker didn’t do shit to the scopes and just sent them back. Supervisors and higher ups typically just trust the worker’s judgment and don’t worry about checking. Ever since Covid people just don’t care anymore if they have a job or not.
Fast food service sucks. I heard a worker at McDonald’s tell her supervisor to shut the fuck up! And he did, lol he walked away.
Shipping providers sucks.
Walmart sucks.
Everything sucks!
Nobody gives a shit anymore. Hopefully Burris will make this right, I’ve had nothing but good luck with Burris CS thru the years, admittedly I haven’t dealt with them post Covid, and my xtr3 5.5-30 is pretty nice, I nit pick scopes and it gets 9 out of 10 for me.
That’s why it’s so important to reward excellence in customer service and keep in touch when an individual changes companies. I’m fine with paying good money when the service is excellent.

This is a great post….. I just ordered 2 3.3-18 XTR3’s before I read this lol
Most likely you'll be fine. Don't let threads like this create a subconscious bias before you ever even get your scopes. That's why threads like this are detrimental to product sales, even if incidents like this are deserving of the call-out. These seem to be very isolated incidents. I've only read a handful of bad CS reviews from them over the last couple years. Most everyone is satisfied customers that buy an XTR-III. Only heard of 1 person not being happy with one that had zero issues, and that was in a recent thread, and I think that was a pre-examination subconscious bias more than anything else. But that's just my opinion on that, having followed that whole thread from the beginning. He also said the Zeiss V4 was unimpressive, which is also the exact opposite of what most everyone else says, so... Grain of salt.

Sorry to hear about your experience with CS.
Mine has just been the opposite over the last few years. I run 3 Burris optics. I bent one scope tube using crappy weaver rings and Burris sent me a new scope FOC.
Had new XTR that wouldn’t hold zero, parrelax issues and had a stripped dial. Burris fixed and returned. I ended up selling the XTR3 because Incould see much of a performance improvement of my PST G2.

Well in defense of the OP, I had a very similar experience with my Steiner T6Xi 5-30 back in Aug-Oct. Received it brand new but the elevation turret was sloppy, had so much play in it you couldn’t tell where you were when dialing. Sent it in to Burris/Steiner, they said they fixed it send it back and to my surprise…. It was the same. Not only that but it now comes back with scratches on it! I hadn’t taken it to the range yet so I know it was flawless when I sent it out.

Called CS and talked to someone, can’t rememeber who, stated what happened and they say, that’s strange the techs are really good and careful, am I sure I didn’t send it in scratched up? Yes I’m sure but regardless the turrets are still not fixed. I end up talking to another rep (Ryan), he was very helpful on the phone, I told him what happened, even sent a video of the problem and he confirmed upon receiving the scope that it was completely out of spec and would be replaced.

Great! So I wait a couple weeks to receive a new scope to replace my new defective scope I sent them. It arrives, open the box and it’s definitely not new. Turrets work great but there are scratches on the bell housing and the main tube, this thing has either been used on a rifle or handled by the same “tech” who “fixed” my first scope.

A little frustrated (this whole process encompasses about 2 months) I call back and talk to Shelby who says send it back and we’ll get you a new one. I ask for his word (I’m a little old school) and after a couple more weeks I did receive a new scope finally.

I am not bashing Burris/Steiner but that’s what happened. I wasn’t even going to say anything (and didn’t) until I saw this thread. This is not an isolated incident at least at this point in time. They did make good on it eventually, but sending a brand new $2k scope back 3 times to rectify a situation that should have been taken care of the first time is inexcusable. There is actually NO good reason this couldn’t have been resolved the first time.

Last edited:
It’s an isolated incident but there’s now two people the have chimed in on this thread with similar experiences.

Everyone except for one person is also satisfied with their XTR3’s but there’s at least a dozen complaints in the main XTR3 thread about receiving them with bad glass and needing them replaced, stiff controls, purple knobs and more.

People will defend the brands they choose to like to the fucking death and just ignore the complaints.

It’s an isolated incident but there’s now two people the have chimed in on this thread with similar experiences.

Everyone except for one person is also satisfied with their XTR3’s but there’s at least a dozen complaints in the main XTR3 thread about receiving them with bad glass and needing them replaced, stiff controls, purple knobs and more.

People will defend the brands they choose to like to the fucking death and just ignore the complaints.

So what is the brand of scope that is perfect with no issues ever and never a problem with customer support for anyone? Been doing this over 30 years and never found it yet.

So what is the brand of scope that is perfect with no issues ever and never a problem with customer support for anyone? Been doing this over 30 years and never found it yet.

There is no scope that has been absolutely flawless to my knowledge, but this is a very stupid arguement because it basically groups everything together as equal just because nothing is perfect.

It is pretty well known that Phillipino made optics don’t have the track record of reliability of those produced elsewhere. With 30 years of experience you should know this.

This experience with the customer service also goes well beyond what is acceptable. 90% of optic companies would have made this right the first time. It wouldn’t take three tries and then being lied to and told to take their business elsewhere, that’s an absolute fucking joke.

If you think this is acceptable then I don’t know what to tell you.

There is no scope that has been absolutely flawless to my knowledge, but this is a very stupid arguement because it basically groups everything together as equal just because nothing is perfect.

It is pretty well known that Phillipino made optics don’t have the track record of reliability of those produced elsewhere. With 30 years of experience you should know this.

This experience with the customer service also goes well beyond what is acceptable. 90% of optic companies would have made this right the first time. It wouldn’t take three tries and then being lied to and told to take their business elsewhere, that’s an absolute fucking joke.

It's not an argument but a fact. Piling on a company for an obvious issue and CS screw up is just stupid. Doesn't make the whole company and every product they make garbage. Just an incident. It's getting taken care of which is the important part. Seems like you are more emotionally invested in this than anyone else who owns a Burris. LOL

It's not an argument but a fact. Piling on a company for an obvious issue and CS screw up is just stupid. Doesn't make the whole company and every product they make garbage. Just an incident. It's getting taken care of which is the important part. Seems like you are more emotionally invested in this than anyone else who owns a Burris. LOL

The dude literally had to come here and complain with two separate threads in order to get anything done because Burris told him to fuck off after sending him crap multiple times and it’s just an incident. You’re so blinded with bias it’s unreal. I remember when Vortex was the greatest thing since sliced bread to you and you fanboyed for them every chance you got. They finally did something to piss you off and now it’s Burris and whoever else.

I’m not emotionally invested at all, I have no problem calling shit as I see it and not letting my feelings get in the way. I don’t get emotionally attached to brands like you do. I learned a long time ago what a joke Burris and their junk products are through my own experience with them.

The dude literally had to come here and complain with two separate threads in order to get anything done because Burris told him to fuck off after sending him crap multiple times and it’s just an incident. You’re so blinded with bias it’s unreal. I remember when Vortex was the greatest thing since sliced bread to you and you fanboyed for them every chance you got. They finally did something to piss you off and now it’s Burris and whoever else.

I’m not emotionally invested at all, I have no problem calling shit as I see it and not letting my feelings get in the way. I don’t get emotionally attached to brands like you do. I learned a long time ago what a joke Burris and their junk products are through my own experience with them.

LOL Man you are all worked up huh? Take a breath and relax before you pop a blood vessel. I'm not biased at all but I am realistic. I have Burris, Zeiss, Vortex, Bushnell and some other optics in the safe. No bias. No fan boy. Just being realistic in this situation and people getting worked up to a lather over this. Yes it he was treated like crap and run around and complaining here is getting it fixed. Just like many others have done with many other companies when they have fallen through the cracks. Doesn't mean it's the company's normal practice or they should be burned at the stake.

You have your experience from years ago and hang on to it. Did the company change? Did their products change? Yup but got your hateboy going on for them. So hateboy is ok but someone liking a company aka fan boy is bad?

Finding good employees is very difficult in these times- especially in states like Kolorado that have legalized marijuana for recreation/leisure.

I’m not worked up at all, you’re seriously overestimating my give a fuck. I just find it comical when the usual cronies come running to the rescue any time someone has something negative to say about the things they like.

If you want to pretend Burris makes good stuff and provides good CS then you’re welcome to live in your version of fairy tale land.

I’m not worked up at all, you’re seriously overestimating my give a fuck. I just find it comical when the usual cronies come running to the rescue any time someone has something negative to say about the things they like.

If you want to pretend Burris makes good stuff and provides good CS then you’re welcome to live in your version of fairy tale land.

By rescue do you mean like members like @Birddog6424 who has contacts in the company and helping work behind the scenes to get the OP taken care of and look into the issue as a whole? Then yeah that's the good part about this site in that there are people with manufacturer contact to help or rescue members with issues. Makes this site important for it's members to have that ability.

And just using your posts as a give a fuck meter and they are spiking that meter but if you say you don't care then ok. Heading to the gym. Bye for now from fairy tale land. 👋

29776201-2769-4aa8-95fe-bc2c0e4d3309_1920x1080.jpg

It's Filipino, yanqui.

• Haha
Reactions: 308pirate and FuhQ
The xtr3s are really great scopes for the money. Pay close attention to the diopter adjustment. A crisp reticle and crisp sight picture may require you to turn it out father than with other scopes. Thats how my 3.3-18 is anyway. I am going to have to check out my 5.5-28 to see if it is the same and if I can get even better IQ from it.

Except for their durability failures ...
Still waiting to hear about those from legit sources instead of random-ass internet people and Reddit threads... Because I've been around thousands of Zeiss scopes in my life, and never once seen a failure. Not that they don't exist, but I've never personally seen one. Maybe some people just shouldn't pick hobbies that involve precision equipment, and should stick to hammers and anvils...

There's far too many options out there now to roll the dice with a company that has zero CS.
Leupold CS has always been fantastic, as well as Athlon, and Vortex.
Unfortunately, you need the Vortex warranty far more than with Leupold and Athlon,,,