• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Burris Eliminator IV ... anybody see one yet?

rustyinbend

GySgt USMC 1976-1992
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Dec 9, 2018
    Bend, Oregon
    I had an Eliminator III but sold it due to the range limitations. The Eliminator IV came out with a 2,000 yard range, and I've been trying to find one. Finally came up as "In Stock" at Sportsman's Warehouse ... and I ordered it. Anyone on the forum have one yet, and care to share thoughts, opinions, and lessons learned?

Nope, I disliked the III I set up for a friend so much I'd never look at another.

Nope, I disliked the III I set up for a friend so much I'd never look at another.
    I get that ... setup is complicated. But I'm kind of a "Gadget Guy" and I was intrigued by the integrated range-finder/scope thing. My issue was the limited range. Once configured for my cartridge, the hold-overs were spot-on out to over 1,000 yards. If this gives me a mile-shot ... it'll be a keeper.

Tried a SIG BDX too, but that required a separate range-finder ... and only went to 800 yards.

Looks like I got the "one and only" Eliminator III that Sportsman's Warehouse had. I got my shipping notice, and right after that, it went "Out of Stock". Once I get it, I'll give it some exercise and write a review here.

Seen one at the Hornady match in Grand Junction....seemed pretty neat and the little hand held fob used for activation rather than having to push any buttons on scope was a nice touch.

The gent did pretty well with it too iirc.

Got a buddy that can't wait to get his hands on one.

I get that ... setup is complicated. But I'm kind of a "Gadget Guy" and I was intrigued by the integrated range-finder/scope thing. My issue was the limited range. Once configured for my cartridge, the hold-overs were spot-on out to over 1,000 yards. If this gives me a mile-shot ... it'll be a keeper.

Tried a SIG BDX too, but that required a separate range-finder ... and only went to 800 yards.

Looks like I got the "one and only" Eliminator III that Sportsman's Warehouse had. I got my shipping notice, and right after that, it went "Out of Stock". Once I get it, I'll give it some exercise and write a review here.

The setup was a large part of it, I spent a ton of time getting it set up for him. Whereas with mil scope, I zero it with a chrono, then verify actual dope out to 1K. Zeroing it and getting an accurate velocity takes about 15 minutes at most. At that point computer dope is pretty accurate but I always verify by actually shooting it at distance.