• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Burris Veracity

Rockdoc173

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Aug 26, 2014
    Florida
    I'm looking at the Burris Veracity in 3115x50 for my first scope to put on a "long range" rifle set up. The gun is a Remington 700 SPS AAC-SD in .308. I want to reach out to 400-600 yards (I know this isn't really long range but for my ability and geographical restrictions this is about all I need and spend no more than abound $800). What is your feedback on the quality of the scope, the E1 FFP reticle, and practical application? I've looked at Bushnell, Leupold, Vortex and many others, but I seem to keep coming back to this scope. Thanks for the input.

I just ordered a 2-10 and 3-15 for hunting rifles. A ffp hunting scope seems pretty cool to me. It is a BDC reticle, great for hunting and 3 gun, but if you are looking at long range rifle competitions, I think you would be better served with an XTR2. The prices are fairly close. Good luck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Last edited:
    IThe gun is a Remington 700 SPS AAC-SD in .308. I want to reach out to 400-600 yards (I know this isn't really long range but for my ability and geographical restrictions this is about all I need and spend no more than abound $800). What is your feedback on the quality of the scope, the E1 FFP reticle, and practical application?

I have a 2-10x Veracity that I've played around with a little. Let's start with the obvious - the turrets are meant to set your zero and then be left alone, like on most hunting scopes. That's fine for hunting within the limits of the BDC reticle, but would not be a good match for any sort of competition use (you can do it, but may find it holds you back).

Beyond that - the quality seems very good. It's a made-in-Philippines scope, but the nicest I've seen - feels better than a Vortex Viper PST, which is also made there and close competition for price and market (as is the XTRII series, which is also also made there). The glass in the 2-10x is very good. The E1 FFP reticle is very well done, and for its intended use - hunting by people who don't like dialing turrets - I think it's a very good reticle.

If your rifle is primarily for hunting, with no competition use planned, it's a good scope. If you have any thoughts about doing competitions, you would probably not be happy with it. The XTRII series would be a similar scope but much more useful if any competition use was in your plans.

Thanks for the input. It's interesting that you mentioned the XTRII and the PST because those are primarily the other two scope I was looking at. My application is more for simple personal use at the range rather than hunting or competition. I do very much like the exposed turrets that the XTR/PST scopes offer. I'm just now getting into shooting at longer ranges and it's important for me to learn the ins and outs of proper turret manipulation and the principles that go along with it. I might go ahead and moved toward one of these other scopes and put the Veracity on my Savage 110 30-06. That's definitely more of a deer gun whereas my intention is to make the 700 a tac gun.

First of all, 400-600 yards is long range, so don't let that get you.

In that price range, if you are considering the XTRII and PST, also consider the new FFP Sightron SIII. I've been using one since last October, that now has about 1800 rounds under it, including some local matches, and the Gap Grind. All dialing back and forth through most of it's range with no loss of turret capability. The glass is great.

Just another option.

Thannks, Lash, I'll check it out.

Sometimes I make comment about 500 yrds being "long range" then those 1 milers find it and give me a haard time. LOL Kuddos to them, I'd love to be able to do that. For now I'll have to go with you and say that 500 yrds, in my book, is a long freakin way.

Thanks again for the post.

I have a 4-20x50 on a VSSF Remington 223, it is a very nice scope and has seemed to track well when I move it......But I also just purchased my first Nightforce, a NXS 8-32x56 for a .223 build that Southern Precision Rifles done for me and it just blows the Veracity away. If I had to do over, I would look for a nice used 5-22 NSX, There seem to be a bunch of them at not much more than the new Veracity.

I have a 4-20x50 on a VSSF Remington 223, it is a very nice scope and has seemed to track well when I move it......But I also just purchased my first Nightforce, a NXS 8-32x56 for a .223 build that Southern Precision Rifles done for me and it just blows the Veracity away. If I had to do over, I would look for a nice used 5-22 NSX, There seem to be a bunch of them at not much more than the new Veracity.

DBLNUT, can you point me in the direction of a NF NSX that I can get for roughly the same money as a Veracity? I haven't seen any for that price but would love to get my hands on one.

I wish I had the cash on all the cheaper scopes and stocks that I bought thru the years that I thought would be "good enough". All I did was waste money in the end. Buy once and cry once.

DBLNUT;3352503 said:
    I wish I had the cash on all the cheaper scopes and stocks that I bought thru the years that I thought would be "good enough". All I did was waste money in the end. Buy once and cry once.

I can't argue with that statement bro and for the most part. When I get better at long range shooting I might upgrade to something a little more high speed, but for now I think I'll stick with scopes like the Viper PST I'm going to put on my Rem 700 SPS AAC-SD. And this Veracity is going on a go-to deer/everything rifle and in my area it's rare to find one's self needing to take a shot out past 300yds so buying a $1500, $2000, etc. scope is kinda pointless. That said, if I find one for a good price I'll definitely pick it up