• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Burris XTR Pro 🇺🇸

I like that it includes a sunshade. I just bought a Kahles and those tight Austrians not only didn't give me a sunshade, they don't even include lens caps!
It is a good sunshade. And the caps aren't high end. But better than the old XTRII caps that broke if you looked at them wrong.

These are Butler Creeks, and I keep mine on all the time on my 4 different XTRIIIs. Haven't broken one yet.

Does the sunshade coloring match the scope body this time? That's one of the things that bothered me about my xtr3.

The issue isn't that they're delayed, like you say, everything is running late at the moment. There's comments only a few posts above saying they've been told a March release, burris media team seem to think they're already available but that's news to any of their dealers and likewise if you talk to their customer support team they should be available as well so what's the truth?
Pick a date, any date and then stick to it. This drip feeding affair with no firm end date and discrepancies between the left and right hand is what lost them buyers on the xtr3 and it'll do the same here. I don't think anyone is concerned about the wait, it's the uncertainty and mixed messaging that's frustrating.

Pretty obvious you are concerned with the wait. Super glad to see such a diehard Burris fan. The scope was only announced a month ago and wouldnt have even been announced then but lots of shooters have them in their hands to test them out and word was leaking anyway.

You are crying because no date has been announced so you can come cry some more if date hasnt been reached?? Get a life man. I dont know what you want. People like you cant be pleased. The will be available when they are available. Not one person here will get upset if you have to buy another scope from a different company.

Good on Burris for NOT announcing a date and letting the beta testers run the scope through its course. Let me assure you there have already been changes made to have a better product (thats the reason the scope wasnt released last year...good thing we didnt tell you or you would complain of drip feeding again). and no, I dont think that will hut their sales one bit. Its the natural progression of coming out with a new product. Good planning if you ask me having the release in the winter when shooting is slow anyway.

EVEN with that there have been 100 scopes shipped with 200 more on schedule for March. Have zero clue of any dates (thank goodness) and where they will be going.

Some people would maybe prefer to not even know about a scope is released until it is on the shelfs. I prefer the excitement and wished they realeased it even sooner. Im beginning to see why they didnt...

This thread is worthless without pics. and some stats. I have used this scope in 3 competitions since last Dec. I have a 5th overall, 4th overall, and a 2nd overall (one shooting a 308 and 2 shooting a factory tikka). Thing tracks boringly accurate. I admit Im not a huge glass snob, but the eyebox and FOV have been greatly appreciated as well.

My son at the last Hunter match.
nrl hunter ok 2022 1.jpg

Regards
DT

Reactions: 260284
T
Pretty obvious you are concerned with the wait. Super glad to see such a diehard Burris fan. The scope was only announced a month ago and wouldnt have even been announced then but lots of shooters have them in their hands to test them out and word was leaking anyway.

You are crying because no date has been announced so you can come cry some more if date hasnt been reached?? Get a life man. I dont know what you want. People like you cant be pleased. The will be available when they are available. Not one person here will get upset if you have to buy another scope from a different company.

Good on Burris for NOT announcing a date and letting the beta testers run the scope through its course. Let me assure you there have already been changes made to have a better product (thats the reason the scope wasnt released last year...good thing we didnt tell you or you would complain of drip feeding again). and no, I dont think that will hut their sales one bit. Its the natural progression of coming out with a new product. Good planning if you ask me having the release in the winter when shooting is slow anyway.

EVEN with that there have been 100 scopes shipped with 200 more on schedule for March. Have zero clue of any dates (thank goodness) and where they will be going.

Some people would maybe prefer to not even know about a scope is released until it is on the shelfs. I prefer the excitement and wished they realeased it even sooner. Im beginning to see why they didnt...

This thread is worthless without pics. and some stats. I have used this scope in 3 competitions since last Dec. I have a 5th overall, 4th overall, and a 2nd overall (one shooting a 308 and 2 shooting a factory tikka). Thing tracks boringly accurate. I admit Im not a huge glass snob, but the eyebox and FOV have been greatly appreciated as well.

My son at the last Hunter match.
View attachment 7807593

Regards
DT
Them ear muffs ain't doin 'em any good there! 🤣

Does the sunshade coloring match the scope body this time? That's one of the things that bothered me about my xtr3.
They had some anodizing hiccups early on with the XTRIII. I never saw anything after a few of the initial runs though.

I havent seen any anodizing disparity on the Pros.

Reactions: Big Timber
They had some anodizing hiccups early on with the XTRIII. I never saw anything after a few of the initial runs though.

I havent seen any anodizing disparity on the Pros.

Both of mine are different, and the last one I bought was late Oct '21. I don't care about that specifically, because it's a tool, but it does go back to the whole proper mgt argument. If they weren't designed as two different shades, how/why did they come out that way.

Both of mine are different, and the last one I bought was late Oct '21. I don't care about that specifically, because it's a tool, but it does go back to the whole proper mgt argument. If they weren't designed as two different shades, how/why did they come out that way.
That's the first I've heard of an anodizing difference in a couple years. Those pieces are done separately from the tube, which could allow for subtle differences. But that occurs more often in colors than in black.

The sun shades come back from anodizing and are put in plastic wrap. Then completed scopes get boxed up and they grab a plastic wrapped sunshade and put it in the box. That's the first time a shade is put alongside its optic. So if there is a slight difference side by side, it would be easily missed. But still odd that that anodizing can't get a repeatable black.

How far off is it? Do you have some pics? I would bump them back to Burris..

That's the first I've heard of an anodizing difference in a couple years. Those pieces are done separately from the tube, which could allow for subtle differences. But that occurs more often in colors than in black.

The sun shades come back from anodizing and are put in plastic wrap. Then completed scopes get boxed up and they grab a plastic wrapped sunshade and put it in the box. That's the first time a shade is put alongside its optic. So if there is a slight difference side by side, it would be easily missed. But still odd that that anodizing can't get a repeatable black.

How far off is it? Do you have some pics? I would bump them back to Burris..

I really don't care, as it doesn't affect function, and even going to the post office, never mind calling Burris, would annoy me greatly :ROFLMAO:

Only using one shade right now, but the other one is just as bad. Yes, that is painter's tape on the inside of the scope caps because they're too big. Objective still flies off after ~5 shots of RUM due to recoil. Ocular doesn't come off, but turns, and turns my reticle focus with it. Great scopes, but they get all the little shit wrong.

And, the obligatory... where's that Pro inventory!?! :LOL:

D9C55BAD-2BAB-4D76-BB66-965747211FAB.jpeg54EE9B00-11F9-47FC-A934-0AF90ACC6681.jpeg

I really don't care, as it doesn't affect function, and even going to the post office, never mind calling Burris, would annoy me greatly :ROFLMAO:

Only using one shade right now, but the other one is just as bad. Yes, that is painter's tape on the inside of the scope caps because they're too big. Objective still flies off after ~5 shots of RUM due to recoil. Ocular doesn't come off, but turns, and turns my reticle focus with it. Great scopes, but they get all the little shit wrong.

And, the obligatory... where's that Pro inventory!?! :LOL:

View attachment 7807754View attachment 7807753
Kind of Satin versus Matte finish.. I'm going to forward the pic. Thanks for posting it.

It's a different finish altogether on the Pro. Its completely flat black. No shine.

Just an FYI, if that's an XTRIII, it has a locking diopter. So the cap spinning shouldn't be turning your diopter and ruining your reticle focus. Lock that baby down.

Kind of Satin versus Matte finish.. I'm going to forward the pic. Thanks for posting it.

It's a different finish altogether on the Pro. Its completely flat black. No shine.

Just an FYI, if that's an XTRIII, it has a locking diopter. So the cap spinning shouldn't be turning your diopter and ruining your reticle focus. Lock that baby down.

Yes, both of my XTR3's in the first pic, and the 2nd pic is the scope on the right. Sorry, poor explanation re: caps, it's tight on the diopter locking ring, rather than the ocular itself. Unlocks the diopter.

Will the Pro have better caps? I'm not opposed to buying some, but they should either include ones that fit well, or not include any. Unfortunately, Tenebraex doesn't make caps for the 3.

Reactions: Birddog6424
It's pretty rare for scopes to come new with high end caps. These Butler Creeks are worlds better than the ones that used to come on the XTRIIs.

But they aren't a custom high end cap.

It's pretty rare for scopes to come new with high end caps. These Butler Creeks are worlds better than the ones that used to come on the XTRIIs.

But they aren't a custom high end cap.

My Trijicon 5-50 (Delta clone) came with Tenebraex caps, tooless turrets, daylight bright illumination that I never use :ROFLMAO:, and slightly better glass than XTR3 for the same price. But the damned thing has tight FOV! Amazing target scope, though, and <10 yard parallax to boot.

Just left Liberty Firearms here in Johnstown again. Spoke to a sales person and he said they have 4 Pros with the SCR2 on order. One was already spoken for so I went ahead and claimed another. Now the wait begins. I asked for everyone looking if they did online or phone orders but they don’t. He did say they will hold one with a phone call if someone is localish and wants to snag one when they come in.

This is some bs. I reserved my pro 2 hours ago with no promise date on when it will show up and it’s still not here yet. Burris needs to step up their game! 😡

Yeah, well I PAYED for mine weeks ago. Such are the pains of being an early adopter! I'm sure I'll get it when they're good and ready to give it to me. 😄

This is some bs. I reserved my pro 2 hours ago with no promise date on when it will show up and it’s still not here yet. Burris needs to step up their game! 😡
Careful, DT will call you names then tell you that you're not worthy of owning a burris because nothing they do could possibly be improved and how dare you think otherwise 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: AleksanderSuave
Just bored and throwing fuel on the fire lol. I have read a ton of reviews for scopes over the past couple of weeks. I was about 90% decided on pulling the trigger on a Minox ZP5 but then I came across the warranty horror stories. I fully understand that things break but the possibility of it taking months was a little worrying. I’d rather have a USA product that might have slightly less clarity but is built like a tank and can be repaired when needed. I’m sure the wait will be worth it, people generally have great things to say about the 3 and this is a step up from that.

I know Im restoking the fire, but has anyone compared primary arms 6-30x56 athena reticle to Burris SCR2 5.5-30x56??? Ive been shooting the Horus 3 out from the Razor gen 2 and those reticles are in my budget, and have the same style grid that makes up the Horus tracking features. If need be I can try and open a new line if the OP wants me to, just thought id ask sence it seems like they are somewhat similar, both lifetime warrantys, and from what I can see, share the same high reviews

*****side note- I bought an arken optic 5-25, amazing glass for 500, have dropped it multiple times and have shot out to about 500 yards so far. Great little optic.

I know Im restoking the fire, but has anyone compared primary arms 6-30x56 athena reticle to Burris SCR2 5.5-30x56??? Ive been shooting the Horus 3 out from the Razor gen 2 and those reticles are in my budget, and have the same style grid that makes up the Horus tracking features. If need be I can try and open a new line if the OP wants me to, just thought id ask sence it seems like they are somewhat similar, both lifetime warrantys, and from what I can see, share the same high reviews
I've never seen one in the wild. Looks like a typical LOW scope. On average, the glass on the XTR3 has been a hair better than most LOW scopes, but with a better eyebox than some of them, better FOV than all of them

I really dislike the reticle. No idea why they would use a center chevron on a precision optic versus a dot or fine cross. I like the half mil dots on the grid, but no .2 subtensions on the vertical line after 1 mil.

I couple things good about it. Reticles are all personal preference though.

Reactions: 260284
Just left Liberty Firearms here in Johnstown again. Spoke to a sales person and he said they have 4 Pros with the SCR2 on order. One was already spoken for so I went ahead and claimed another. Now the wait begins. I asked for everyone looking if they did online or phone orders but they don’t. He did say they will hold one with a phone call if someone is localish and wants to snag one when they come in.
What did they tell you regarding price? I spoke to someone there that said they are going to be much more expensive than what I've heard in this thread.

The cheveron is described in their specs, the lower portion is used to find a quick measurement ie-a standard shoulder to shoulder measurement, i believe the height is about a half moa/ or milradian, i havnt looked to much into the measuremnts yet

I understand that. I was just curious what they told @BigJohn141 because that shop is local to me.
I have a good friend with a gunshop here in town. He grabbed a pair of them for customers, so he has them pre-sold, and was asking me for price. I told him MAP is probably fair if demand is high and supply is low.

Hopefully by summer these will be fairly available. They are getting a feel for which SKU they should be focusing on. The Tremor 5 I'm pretty sure will be the slow mover. So far nearly all the demand is for the SCR2, the ones they had were gone in a blink, but I do think the SCR Quarter Mil will do ok as well.

Reactions: r3plicator
My apologies, I have been in a conference in Miami as well as my full time job has kept me swamped. I sometimes miss PMs when I use SH on my phone. If I don't respond within 24 hours a double tap never hurts. This is my side job that I do for fun and I really enjoy the community. SH has provided me with some awesome opportunities, so I try to give yall the best deals I can without getting in trouble (sometimes I over do the deals and get in trouble).

I have learned to take timelines with a grain of salt post COVID, most companies can hide behind the 'due to COVID, we are having delays'. I placed the order before most dealers even knew about the new products so I should be one of the first in line.

I actually liked the xtrii caps better than the butler creek caps that came with my xtriii for two reasons. The xtrii caps pushed all the way back and stayed back and maybe it was just the ones I received, but the caps that came with my xtriii won’t stay on. The front cap won’t close properly and stay closed. I had to wrap the scope to provide extra thickness and friction to keep them on. Not being able to buy a set of tenebraex for it sucks.

Also, did I read it properly that the newer xtriii’s have a little thicker crosshairs in their reticles or darker or something that makes it a little more viable at lower magnifying ranges. Or was that for the pro only?

I literally can’t use the lower end of my power range with my 3-18 unless I’m in good conditions shooting against extremely light backgrounds because it’s so faint to the eye. I thought my US optics TS 3-12 MHR reticle was hard to see, but I feel like my 3-18 xtriii is just as hard to see. If the new ones are improved in that area, has anyone seen a side by side of the old to the new to confirm that it’s actually better?

I actually liked the xtrii caps better than the butler creek caps that came with my xtriii for two reasons. The xtrii caps pushed all the way back and stayed back and maybe it was just the ones I received, but the caps that came with my xtriii won’t stay on. The front cap won’t close properly and stay closed. I had to wrap the scope to provide extra thickness and friction to keep them on. Not being able to buy a set of tenebraex for it sucks.

Also, did I read it properly that the newer xtriii’s have a little thicker crosshairs in their reticles or darker or something that makes it a little more viable at lower magnifying ranges. Or was that for the pro only?

I literally can’t use the lower end of my power range with my 3-18 unless I’m in good conditions shooting against extremely light backgrounds because it’s so faint to the eye. I thought my US optics TS 3-12 MHR reticle was hard to see, but I feel like my 3-18 xtriii is just as hard to see. If the new ones are improved in that area, has anyone seen a side by side of the old to the new to confirm that it’s actually better?
I havent seen the reticle on the XTR3i yet. I can only speculate it is thicker as well, as they thickened it up in the Pro to make the illumination more effective.

I posted pictures of old reticle versus new on either this thread, or the XTRIII thread.

Edit; post #93 page 2 of this thread

Ran a match yesterday, the weather was a balmy 54 degrees, which is phenomenal for Idaho in February.

Had a great opportunity for some side by sides with the Pro. It continues to impress in the glass department. Did side by side comparisons against the MK5 which seems to be the most similar in design and price point. Both are American made optics with Japanese glass. After these two (one of which was brand new) I've now compared to 4 different Leupolds. I'm convinced the Pro edges it out in glass clarity. Yesterday's warmer weather and increased mirage made it more obvious than my previous two comparisons. Both Leupy owners agreed they were seeing the target more clearly through the Pro.

We were looking at a well shot up 18x22" plate at 920 yards. Specifically, at the bottom edge of the plate were two impacts very close together. Through the Pro I could see a thin spacing of white paint showing me two seperate impacts. Through both MK5s the mirage was rippling hard across the bottom edge of the plate. In both scopes it looked like one single grey smear, not the two impacts as seen through the Pro.

The Burris was clearly reducing the mirage and showing better object definition.

Now that you bring it up I do think it was your earlier post that I saw of the pro compared to the 3 that had me thinking that. I’ll have to get my hands on either the 3i or pro to see about making the switch once they become readily available.

Ran a match yesterday, the weather was a balmy 54 degrees, which is phenomenal for Idaho in February.

Had a great opportunity for some side by sides with the Pro. It continues to impress in the glass department. Did side by side comparisons against the MK5 which seems to be the most similar in design and price point. Both are American made optics with Japanese glass. After these two (one of which was brand new) I've now compared to 4 different Leupolds. I'm convinced the Pro edges it out in glass clarity. Yesterday's warmer weather and increased mirage made it more obvious than my previous two comparisons. Both Leupy owners agreed they were seeing the target more clearly through the Pro.

We were looking at a well shot up 18x22" plate at 920 yards. Specifically, at the bottom edge of the plate were two impacts very close together. Through the Pro I could see a thin spacing of white paint showing me two seperate impacts. Through both MK5s the mirage was rippling hard across the bottom edge of the plate. In both scopes it looked like one single grey smear, not the two impacts as seen through the Pro.

The Burris was clearly reducing the mirage and showing better object definition.

I currently have a Mark 5 with a tremor3 reticle on my gas gun and love it, so as I started rebuilding my bolt rifle for more hunter and ruck style matches I'm now caught between buying another mk5 and this
XTR Pro.
I know release dates are a little taboo to talk about, and I definitely respect only releasing a product when it's truly ready, but as somebody who's also being burned outside of the shooting world by lack of PlayStation 5s, do you suspect that there will be an abundance of Pros available for purchase when released?

I currently have a Mark 5 with a tremor3 reticle on my gas gun and love it, so as I started rebuilding my bolt rifle for more hunter and ruck style matches I'm now caught between buying another mk5 and this
XTR Pro.
I know release dates are a little taboo to talk about, and I definitely respect only releasing a product when it's truly ready, but as somebody who's also being burned outside of the shooting world by lack of PlayStation 5s, do you suspect that there will be an abundance of Pros available for purchase when released?
It's released. They've shipped a bunch.

I dont suspect an abundance for a while. Their production allotment for some time to come is spoken for, and they are producing them as fast as they can. Which I'll confess, they build these in a small facility in Greeley and they don't churn out a bunch of them every day.

Hopefully the retailers who have placed orders and have gotten in line on said allotment are people you are familiar with and you get an opportunity to see one.

Edit; If you like the Tremor, they offer it in the Tremor 5 that might be a little easier to get your hands on.

Reactions: Phatcow
It's released. They've shipped a bunch.

I dont suspect an abundance for a while. Their production allotment for some time to come is spoken for, and they are producing them as fast as they can. Which I'll confess, they build these in a small facility in Greeley and they don't churn out a bunch of them every day.

Hopefully the retailers who have placed orders and have gotten in line on said allotment are people you are familiar with and you get an opportunity to see one.

Edit; If you like the Tremor, they offer it in the Tremor 5 that might be a little easier to get your hands on.
I'm definitely in the tremor cult and that version 5 definitely has my attention.
I had no idea the scopes we're out, thanks for all the information you've been giving!

A couple photos from my match this weekend. Running the Pro on my 6.5 Creedmoor AR10. Banged it pretty hard on a barricade earlier and put the big scuff on top of the bell housing... It'll buff out 🤣

Please tell us what you think of the XTR Pro

A couple photos from my match this weekend. Running the Pro on my 6.5 Creedmoor AR10. Banged it pretty hard on a barricade earlier and put the big scuff on top of the bell housing... It'll buff out 🤣

We are all out here trying to find one and you are using yours as a hammer to repair loose barricades. This is why we cant have nice things. 🤣

• Haha
We are all out here trying to find one and you are using yours as a hammer to repair loose barricades. This is why we cant have nice things. 🤣
Just had to officially break it in as my comp scope. I dont exactly move like a cat, so pretty much all my scopes look like that 🤣

Looked through one at an NRL22 match on Saturday looked great, would have liked to have done a side by side with my XTR III, but I wasn't shooting with it that day. maybe next month.

Reactions: D_TROS
My son shot his first match and NRL ever this weekend. He is 9. Had a pretty good battle for top youth with another kid and edged him on the last day by 1 point!! 90 to 89. Unbelievable. So much stress for me.

Not only was he top youth but he was 13th overall. Still geeking out.

He used the XTR Pro for the whole match and it tracked amazing on my rifle as well as his. The large FOV made it easy for him to find his targets, which if you shoot with kids you know to be a big problem.

We def need to work on our comms and my patients lol but I am so impressed with him doing so well with this scope. Also, its the first time he shot a large bore rifle (6.5x47) and even tho it had a huge brake, he didnt complain for recoil. hashtaghumblebrag haha. he did complain about the weight tho. it was 15 lbs. ha. still finished the match carrying all his own gear and ammo.

I tied my career best at a 2 day match with 2nd overall. This scope has no problems tracking and I am still impressed with the glass.

a pic for fun:

2022.02 NE NRL 13.png

2022.02 NE NRL 6.jpg

Regards
DT