• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Burris XTR Pro 🇺🇸

Got my xtr pro today and man I’m happy with it. It is well worth every penny spent. It’s the 1/4 src2. I’ll get some pictures up at the end of the weekend and put some comments. From a little messing around outside, i really like the 1/4 reticle

I remember reading a while back that if you didn’t receive a throw lever or battery you could reach out to burris. I didn’t receive either but shot them an email.

Got my xtr pro today and man I’m happy with it. It is well worth every penny spent. It’s the 1/4 src2. I’ll get some pictures up at the end of the weekend and put some comments. From a little messing around outside, i really like the 1/4 reticle

I remember reading a while back that if you didn’t receive a throw lever or battery you could reach out to burris. I didn’t receive either but shot them an email.
Who had one in stock?

Where did you get it from

Burris is upping their game. Again. An American company, using American workers, making American products. If that doesnt tickle ur fancy you probably tested positive for commi and you should quarantine 🤣🤣🤣

The XTR Pro will again be made in Greeley, Colorado. Im very excited about this optic.

FEATURES

5-30x56

34mm tube

new SCR-Q reticle (1/4 mil tree less cluttered)

2lb 11oz on my scale with Hawkins rings on it

best in class FOV

rock solid tracking

improved glass over the already impressive XTR3
(looking through the pro next to the 3, you can see the fov is the same BUT the pro looks like it is on a higher magnification because the image was noticeably better)

illuminated red or grn and goes to 11 laugh out loud

paralax down to 20 yards

2 different QUICK DETACH turrets included (technically 3)
-white comp turret to draw on
-black normal with large easy to see #’s
-tooless rezero turret

throw lever included

tooless re-zero

new 12 mil knobs with larger spacing

capped windage

Burris no question asked forever warranty

im sure i forgot something but for now thats what i got. i have shot one match with it and i am super impressed. i shot in NM in 50+ mph winds with my 308. dust like you wouldn’t believe. scope performed like a boss and i was able to take top 308 and tied for 5th overall in the match. not bad for the Lords caliber

View attachment 7783782

View attachment 7783783
View attachment 7783784

View attachment 7783785View attachment 7783787

View attachment 7783788

View attachment 7783789

…more to follow!!
Dorgan,

What height are the Hawkins rings on the RimX in the first 2 pics?

A little feedback on the pro with scr2 1/4 reticle. I mounted the scope on my 22 and spent about an hour at the range. It’s definitely not enough time spent to do more than give initial impressions.
Weather was decent, partly cloudy 90s with high humidity. Pretty calm wind. My comparison optic is the 7-35 atacr I’ve been using for years.
The good:
i love the reticle. It’s not a big departure from the usual.2 hashes but it works quick and my brain doesn’t have to count or worry about anything. Hard to explain but i really like it. It just feels simple.
The turrets are a huge improvement over the xtriii. They have positive clicks that i find very similar to the atacr. The parallax adjustment is smooth and the mag ring rotated very smoothly without excessive resistance. The writable turret is great and will be very useful. Zero stop couldn’t get much more simplified. It just works.
Size and weight are about the average for a 34mm tube 5-25ish 56mm objective scope. Does anyone really care about scope weight these days while running 20+ lb rifles with counter weights up front?

The not as good but not bad:
Glass is subjective. I find the image quality on a day with minimal mirage to be noticeably lower than the atacr 7-35 I’m using as my baseline. I’m not saying the glass sucks. I went through many many scopes and when i picked up the atacr it just fit my eyes perfectly. I sold my 4-20 zco and went to the atacr a few years ago. I’m not a Nightforce fan boy who thinks anything NF is top of the line, but it worked for me…at a price. With the price difference on the xtr pro i am keeping the pro. While the image quality might be noticeably lower for ME, that’s not to say it isn’t useable. It was perfectly adequate and then some for the prs game. Roast me if you will, that’s my opinion. Buy one and make your own!

Aside from that i cannot come up with anything i don’t like about the scope. It tracked just fine. I hit targets, and at the end of the range trip i didn’t have buyers remorse. I was happy.

I didn’t get a throw lever or battery with mine so i emailed Burris CS and was told the throw lever isn’t supposed to come with the scope and that some early runs were missing batteries. Don’t expect either if you’re an early purchaser. I bought a battery to throw in just to see the illumination work but took it out. I don’t have any need for illumination on this scope but it’s bright and changes colors for those who like that stuff. I will be buying a throw lever though simply because it makes it easier to adjust mag without trying to grip the mag ring

Edit— i tried to take pictures through the scope but they’re horrible and it doesn’t do the scope Justice so I’m not even going to bother including them.

C070A119-FD11-4C47-B92D-47631D2994E7.jpg

Reactions: D_TROS and 346ci
I got my new XTR PRO about last week, mounted it and got to spend a range day Saturday, woo hoo, Iove it. Mounted on a Vuidoo 360. Thanks to this thread, I am having fun?? with customer service. No throw ring and no battery. I popped them an email as suggested to ask for a throw ring. First answer, - we do not have any. So I quoted this thread about people getting them and now they tell me " they are for pro shooters only. ' Anyone know how to fill out an application to Burris to become a Pro shooter?? I love the scope and this is the 4 th Burris scope in the safe, but I am wondering about what is going on with customer service. I may have a scope for sale in a few days if this stuff with custom service continues. Tomorrow, I will be asking for an application to become a Pro with Burris. Please stop posting photos of your scope with a throw ring installed. They are not available to me.

• Haha
Reactions: Huskydriver
I got my new XTR PRO about last week, mounted it and got to spend a range day Saturday, woo hoo, Iove it. Mounted on a Vuidoo 360. Thanks to this thread, I am having fun?? with customer service. No throw ring and no battery. I popped them an email as suggested to ask for a throw ring. First answer, - we do not have any. So I quoted this thread about people getting them and now they tell me " they are for pro shooters only. ' Anyone know how to fill out an application to Burris to become a Pro shooter?? I love the scope and this is the 4 th Burris scope in the safe, but I am wondering about what is going on with customer service. I may have a scope for sale in a few days if this stuff with custom service continues. Tomorrow, I will be asking for an application to become a Pro with Burris. Please stop posting photos of your scope with a throw ring installed. They are not available to me.
Seems like CS staff are just untrained plebs and usually don't know what they are talking about.
I have asked questions via Facebook messenger and the staff that answer those messages often know less about the products than I do.

See if you can get further up the chain.

Not in my experience. Yeah it’s less finicky and better FOV but the glass was not as good.

Opposite experience here. NX8 glass was garbage for the price. Became very apparent around 400 yds and further. Wrote about it extensively back when I had both - my frustration at the experience started my journey into higher end optics. Great scope for 200 and in, but it should be $1K max.

Opposite experience here. NX8 glass was garbage for the price. Became very apparent around 400 yds and further. Wrote about it extensively back when I had both - my frustration at the experience started my journey into higher end optics. Great scope for 200 and in, but it should be $1K max.

Couple weeks ago I compared my XTR3, Razor LHT 22x and a 4-32 NX8 at 600 yards. The XTR3 and LHT were neck and neck but the NX8 had better resolution and contrast than the other two. It was pretty noticable. Have you seen another NX8 or just the one? I wonder if that one example was the issue?

I'm really hoping the XTR Pro is a noticeable step up from the XTR3.

Couple weeks ago I compared my XTR3, Razor LHT 22x and a 4-32 NX8 at 600 yards. The XTR3 and LHT were neck and neck but the NX8 had better resolution and contrast than the other two. It was pretty noticable. Have you seen another NX8 or just the one? I wonder if that one example was the issue?

I'm really hoping the XTR Pro is a noticeable step up from the XTR3.

Only the one I bought - contrast and color I would agree, but my resolution was bad - like an older Chinese Athlon honestly, especially above, say, 26X.

At first, it was the plan to include a throw lever with every scope. Then they realized it was potentially problematic and they didn't want throw levers to hold up the shipment of scopes.

The optics and throw levers are made in seperate locations. Supply issues being what they are right now, they've had to move away from that idea. Being a team shooter has nothing to do with it.

Maybe they will revisit it again later if they feel.like they can reliably get the product, but thats a question mark.

We spoke of several supply chain and service issues when I was down there a few weeks ago. Anodizing services for example, are absolutely overwhelmed right now. They are trying to figure out ways around it. There are difficulties in moving production forward in multiple aspects of the process. The throw lever is a casualty of this crazy market we are in.

Last edited:
Reactions: Littlecooner
thanks for the heads up that the Pro throw levers are N/A or at least delayed for a while. That being the case, does the Pro use the same throw lever as the XTRIII? Thx

Reactions: Birddog6424
thanks for the heads up that the Pro throw levers are N/A or at least delayed for a while. That being the case, does the Pro use the same throw lever as the XTRIII? Thx
The XTRIII lever will work. It fits with a bit of a gap.

I've heard it fits a little better if you Dremel off the notches inside the ring, but I haven't tried that.

Burris is currently researching alternatives to get them through this service shortage. I know Cerakote is being tossed around as a possible replacement for some anodized parts and pieces, but there are options they are looking at. I'm sure they will come up with something.

I heard some of the figures being tossed around in regards to how far the back log is with some of these service providers. It's pretty bad right now. I'm sure no one in the industry is immune to it. Just gotta figure out how to get through it.

Last edited:
Reactions: ECK
At first, it was the plan to include a throw lever with every scope. Then they realized it was potentially problematic and they didn't want throw levers to hold up the shipment of scopes.

The optics and throw levers are made in seperate locations. Supply issues being what they are right now, they've had to move away from that idea. Being a team shooter has nothing to do with it.
So why not include a certificate for it like Leupold CDS? Did the MSRP decrease since it's no longer included?

Burris CS sent me a battery and a throw lever. I sent a very nice email after unboxing the scope and not finding it even though there was a cutout in the foam for it. In the introductory launch video posted by Burris the CEO stated that a battery and throw lever was included in the box. Since there is no warranty card to send in it will be hard for them to know who did not get the proper accessories. A certificate in the box or a registration by email which includes the Serial number would be another method. This really needs to be fixed. The negative publicity for not having the proper packaging can be very detrimental. I really like this scope as it compares very nicely to other scopes I have in the same tier. Great product with USA manufacture needs to have great CS as well. Step up with a solution Burris!!!

I didn’t get the throw lever or battery but I’m not upset. I’ll just buy one separately. Life goes on. The scope is great. I’ve got other things to worry about like $4.80/gal diesel!

I dont know if they will do something different later. I dont know that a simple throw lever will have any lasting detrimental publicity. It's just a throw lever.

As these are getting out there and reports are coming back, folks won't be buying these because they do or don't come with one. Most scopes don't..

But who knows what will happen. They're trying hard to make this a unique optic that doesn't follow the industry norms. Maybe things will change and they will find themselves in a position to make it available again without making people wait for them.

Last edited:
Reactions: RFutch
I was able to test the Burris Pro today against several other optics along with 2 other top level PRS shooters. We tested the Tangent, ZCO, Kahles, Leupold Mk5 and XTR3 against the Pro. Basically we checked it at 1000 yards with a fair amount of mirage With all scopes at 20 power. We looked through each scope several times to determine which we thought was clearest, had the most contrast and best color and was best handling mirage. It was unanimous on the top and bottom scope for each shooter, all chose TT first and XTR3 last. What surprised me the most was how far ahead the TT was compared to the others as I owned a ZCO and really liked it. I still like them but in the conditions today, it was not even close. Two of us ranked them TT, ZCO, Leupold, XTR Pro, Kahles and then XTR3 and the other ranked Kahles just below the ZCO. Another surprise to me was the Leupold, I really thought it was a lot closer to the ZCO than I have gave it credit for. I personally think the Pro is priced right and a good value and I really like the elevation turret but wish they would make a separate windage turret and not just capped like the do for the XTR3. I also spoke with Burris CS abt a throw lever and was told it would probably be June before they hit the shelves.

I've looked through literally all sub $2,000 optics except the Leupold Mark 5HD... extensively.

I peared through a 7-35 and was impressed....but I didn't directly have any others to compare at the time.

Finally got a deal on a 3.6-18x44 Mark 5HD with Pr-1 mil ret and it's truly much nicer in all regards than expected.
On a tripod

Side x side with a Burris XTR 3 3.3-18x50
The Leupold was the easy Winner.
Be careful who you listen to....... Leupold has something special with the Mark5hd.
Not to mention the weight savings compared to anything else

Just bought another 3.6-18x44 Leupold pr1 mil from Europtic for $1499.
Demo....like new in shrink wrap
In other words......new in box...
Below MAP as falsely advertised a like new demo

I also.sent back to Brownells a.3-18x50 Burris XTR 3 for poor image quality above 14x....

Like fucccckin terrible..

I've got 3 of the 5.5-30x56 Burris XTR 3 and they are all by far and above better quality and consistent glass quality vs the 3.3-18 version's.

Hopefully Burris can square away there inconsistent quality and they may have something with the pro version.

That being said...

The $1100 Camerland specials on the 5-30x56 is worth every penny.id pass on the 3.3-18 model.
Happy to pay $1500 for a mark 5HD which blows away the 18x Burris....

I own them all.....no bullshit.,.. no stake in the game here

^Same here, I bought and sold all the usual suspects just to know - but came to opposite conclusion. Got rid of my MK5 because the XTR3 was better - same resolution/clarity, brighter, although less contrast, and huge FOV improvement, for a few hundred bucks less.

I was able to test the Burris Pro today against several other optics along with 2 other top level PRS shooters. We tested the Tangent, ZCO, Kahles, Leupold Mk5 and XTR3 against the Pro. Basically we checked it at 1000 yards with a fair amount of mirage With all scopes at 20 power. We looked through each scope several times to determine which we thought was clearest, had the most contrast and best color and was best handling mirage. It was unanimous on the top and bottom scope for each shooter, all chose TT first and XTR3 last. What surprised me the most was how far ahead the TT was compared to the others as I owned a ZCO and really liked it. I still like them but in the conditions today, it was not even close. Two of us ranked them TT, ZCO, Leupold, XTR Pro, Kahles and then XTR3 and the other ranked Kahles just below the ZCO. Another surprise to me was the Leupold, I really thought it was a lot closer to the ZCO than I have gave it credit for. I personally think the Pro is priced right and a good value and I really like the elevation turret but wish they would make a separate windage turret and not just capped like the do for the XTR3. I also spoke with Burris CS abt a throw lever and was told it would probably be June before they hit the shelves.
When y’all do these tests do you take the time to properly adjust parallax and diopter between each observer?

I've looked through literally all sub $2,000 optics except the Leupold Mark 5HD... extensively.

I peared through a 7-35 and was impressed....but I didn't directly have any others to compare at the time.

Finally got a deal on a 3.6-18x44 Mark 5HD with Pr-1 mil ret and it's truly much nicer in all regards than expected.
On a tripod

Side x side with a Burris XTR 3 3.3-18x50
The Leupold was the easy Winner.
Be careful who you listen to....... Leupold has something special with the Mark5hd.
Not to mention the weight savings compared to anything else
I agree the Mark 5 is something special.
Other than:
Shit house FOV
Stupid set of reticles
35mm tube
Ridiculous price for illumination
Offset windage mark
Minimum parallax distance

They are damn near perfect.

I compare tons of optics. I'm an avid PRS shooter and I enjoy putting optics alongside each other with buddies at matches.

You can call me bias for obvious reasons, but I know how to compare clarity, brightness, and color in a scope. I've yet to see a MK5 out of the handful I have compared to the Pro that could compete with the clarity of the Pro. I've seen it go both ways with the XTRIII, but for the most part the Burris optics I own have stood up very well to the MK5s I've seen with only a couple exceptions. The 18x I own has been nicer than pretty much everything in its class. I literally had damn near an entire squad of MK5 guys at the PRS Rimfire Finale in Texas last year. I dropped my 18x alongside every MK5 they had, and every one of those guys came off my Burris, impressed and surprised. The glass, big edge to edge sight picture, and FOV impressed every one of them.

There is still variation in one scope to the next at this sub 2k price point. Not as much as the 1k optic, but its still there. I hear guys when they say they got a scope that didn't look as good as expected. I've seen plenty of variation in brands, including the MK5. A local shooter got one that had a horrible yellowish color to it. But he bragged like crazy about that scope until he compared it to some others and realized it wasn't as good as he thought. So I get it that there will always be some differences in opinion on glass quality based on our experiences. But by and large the XTRIII has been a very popular optic. Shooters like it and it has always sold very well for Burris. Returns for issues are pretty rare, its proven incredibly reliable.

And based on comparisons of my new illuminated XTRIII that I picked up in Greeley a few weeks ago, it's going to continue to do very well. Especially considering the very large bang for your buck that you get at its new price point.

Reactions: screaminweasil
When y’all do these tests do you take the time to properly adjust parallax and diopter between each observer?
Yes and no.

Out at the range practicing, or comparing after a match, yes. I usually ask if I can adjust the diopter and tell them they can do the same on mine.

Not really at a match though. On a few ocassions comparisons have turned into full blown side by sides where a handful or so of guys want to play along and everyone puts their rifle in the mix. But for the most part at a two day match, no one wants to touch anything on their optic.

I would say I adjust the diopter more often than not.

Reactions: Ericsl2
I like the Burris XTR 3 and can only imagine the Pro being that much nicer. I'm sure its excellent.

I bought 3 of the 5.5-30x56 from Cameraland for $1100. All three of them have amazing glass quality all the way through the mag range.

I bought two 3.3-18x50 from Camerland and comparing them on a tripod together, one has slightly better glass than the other one.
When comparing them side x side with any of the 5.5-30x56 models, it's noticeable that the 3.3-18 models don't quite have the resolution or sharpness.

I bought a third 3.3-18 from Brownells on clearance with a coupon for just above $900 and it had terrible resolution above around 14x. No matter what I did to the diopter...........( I have returned the scope for a refund)

I've looked at a lot of scopes on tripods (everyone I buy for the last two years I've set it on a tripod for comparison sake to other "known optics" I have. Looking for the "holy grail" so to speak. Or, just looking to see what I'm sacrificing from one model to the next.

The Burris XTR3 5.5-30x56 is something special!!!

The 3.3-18 is pretty nice up to 15x

The 3.6-18x44 Mark 5HD with PR-1 Reticle (I'm not a fan of busy Christmas tree reticles)..............is an Amazing little scope. I find the glass noticeably clearer and brighter than any of the Burris 3.3-18 models I have. I already mounted it on my 300 PRC Bergara Premier Approach hunting rifle.

Maybe the "bigger Mark 5HD's have shitty field of view, I don't find that the case in the little 18x)
Specs show decent field of view compared to most others as well.
Obviously the XTR3 is an exception with it's huge field of view, which I can appreciate.........and do.

Lot of good options is the moral of this rant. Without looking at every single model side x side on a tripod for a while in differing conditions, nobody is going to truly know what suits them. And, every body sees things differently to a degree.

I hope Burris get's their quality more consistent and they sell the crap out of the XTR Pro. Looks like a sweet scope!

I was able to pick up a Pro on the PX, mounted it the other day and had my first range session this morning. I think I am going to really like this scope. I stuck it on a CZ455 since that gun is the one that seems to need the features of the Pro more so than my centerfire rifle.

First off, I’m no glass expert. I’m coming off a Vortex PST Gen 1 and a US Optic and this is the first scope I’ve shelled out 2K for.

What drew me to the Pro were the reviews on this thread, Burris’ warranty policy, and the price point that seems to punch above its weight class. For NRL22 and PRS22 I was looking for a FFP scope somewhere in the 5-25X range (or more), parallax that went down to 20-25 yds, a big honking turret with at least 10 MILS per rotation, and at least 25 mils of elevation adjustment. And at a price that a retired guy on a fixed income wouldn’t keel over from sticker shock. Based on everything I read and saw on Youtube, the Pro would check those boxes (plus a little more).

I installed it on my 455 using the Burris XTR Signature rings with the 20MOA insert in the front ring. This is in addition to the 30MOA Area 419 rail I already had on the rifle for a total of 50MOA. I had good luck with that amount of cant with the US Optic 5-25X that the Pro is replacing and it allowed 95% of the usable elevation adjustment in the USO. With the Pro zero’d at 50 yds, the 50MOA of cant gives me 24 MILS and change of ‘up’, sufficient to dial out to 400+/- yds which I hope is the max I’ll need with a rimfire rifle (fingers crossed). I also added a MK Machine magnifier for the turret (old eyes can’t see small numbers up close) and a couple yards of KT tape to protect the scope’s finish. I’m waiting on a throw lever from MK Machine, bummer that Burris is not including their throw lever with the Pro, but oh well I’ll survive.

Shooting experience: It was windy AF this morning, so I just got a quick zero @ 50 yds, then played around on a barricade at a 6” plate @ 100 yds (holding 1 to 1.5 MILS of left) and a 12” plate @ 300 yds (holding 3 to 4 MILS of left). Zero-ing was fairly straight forward, easier than the instructions in the User’s Manual made it seem. I like the tool less turret caps and it’s quick and easy to make adjustments. I did have to play around a little to get the zero mark lined up with the index mark on the scope body, but got it after making some adjustments to the internal cap. I like the size of the elevation turret, makes it easier to grab on and crank. I also like the fact that it has 12 MILS per rotation. My other scope only had 6 MILS per revolution, so dialing to 300 yds meant I had to crank it 2 full revolutions + 2. Now its only one full revolution +2 MILS and change. On the windage side, I’ve always had exposed caps even tho it seems like I typically hold wind rather than dial it (unless the stage has just one target shot from multiple positions, then I may dial wind). Jury is still out on whether I’ll run the windage turret exposed or capped.

The glass is clear enough for my eyes and I could spot my trace at 100 so I could tell when I wasn’t holding enough wind or holding too much when the wind dropped. The parallax adjustment is tight but crisp -you definitely know when you have it dialed for the right distance.

Comparing the Pro to my buddy’s ZCO… yeah, the ZCO is crisper and clearer, but the Pro will do me just fine. I really like the SCR2 reticle, it has enough info to be usable but not too much to be confusing or cluttered. It was quick and easy to spot for my buddy in the wind this morning, measuring windage and elevation corrections.

Looking forward to more range time and my first match with this scope.

Attachments

• 7C04FF9B-6831-4DA9-ADEB-67FC937553AF.jpeg
    7C04FF9B-6831-4DA9-ADEB-67FC937553AF.jpeg
    634.2 KB · Views: 85
Odered one today. The wait begins...:)

I have hopes that these should start popping at the larger, more traditional optics retailers.

A bunch snuck out the door initially before the allocations were put in place. But it's good to go now. And there should be some good production numbers.

I have hopes that these should start popping at the larger, more traditional optics retailers.

A bunch snuck out the door initially before the allocations were put in place. But it's good to go now. And there should be some good production numbers.

I heard sometime in June for the SCR2. I just hope they don’t announce a reg SCR Mil now or I’m gonna be butthurt.

Worked as an RO at the Best in Texas PRS event this past weekend. Saw one Burris Pro being run. The guy placed high in the results and got to shop the prize table. Was hoping to pull my rig out and get a few shots off as I just mounted and zeroed my Pro last week. Unfortunately never had time permitting while range was hot. Sometimes it really does suck to be a RO but I was committed long before I got the glass and doing my part to give back to the community. Matches do not run very well when it lacks enough ROs

I heard sometime in June for the SCR2. I just hope they don’t announce a reg SCR Mil now or I’m gonna be butthurt.

I also like the SCR, but I got a great rundown on the future direction for the optic while I was in Greeley, it never came up.

I dont think it sold very well in the XTRIII.

I placed an order for the illuminated XTR3 5.5-30, so the wait is on...and it's killing me. I'm usually so patient with almost everything in life except when it comes to my gun stuff! I've got everything ready to go on my new rig except the scope so it I need it now lol. I'm ready to buy something else like the MK5 with a pr2 reticle, in the meantime as a place holder and to compare down the line.

Maybe even the Pro as I see them popping up for sale already here and there. Glass, turrets, etc, on the Pro worth the extra $800?

Last edited:
I like my Mk5's but the Pro is much better in field of view. Crispness, clarity and edge to edge are very comparable. Add in Illumination if you want it to the MK5 and its is no longer an $800 difference. I will still keep all of them.

I found mine at the Scheels in Dallas. Only one they got had the Horus so I decided to try it. So far I like it. Running it in a match tomorrow..... sure wish it had the throw lever like the video said.

Reactions: Jerry V