• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Burris XTR Pro 🇺🇸

So, I’m looking more and more into this optic. I’m a little curious how it holds zero, and the glass compared to the new DMR3? Also, the dial change…does the 3i come with the same dials or is it just the pro that has all 3? (And please correct me if I’m wrong on any of this @Birddog6424 and @D_TROS). How is the return to zero once you change said dials?

Reactions: BFD Guns
So, I’m looking more and more into this optic. I’m a little curious how it holds zero, and the glass compared to the new DMR3? Also, the dial change…does the 3i come with the same dials or is it just the pro that has all 3? (And please correct me if I’m wrong on any of this @Birddog6424 and @D_TROS). How is the return to zero once you change said dials?
The toolless zero is underneath. Unsnap the lever, move it zero, or adjust the pin inside so you can hold just under zero. Press it down and snap the lever closed.

The quick swap turrets will only snap down with the zero aligned.

I haven’t seen the DMR3 or XRS3. Ive heard the XRS has nice glass.

The regular XTRIII had the Race Dial, I suspect they will keep it, but haven't heard one way or the other. The XTR3i isn't a tooless zero, so it won't have the dial beneath the turret.

^XRS3 is equivalent to regular XTR3. I bought one and returned it after comparing to Burris, Tenmile, and ZCO.

• Wow
Reactions: BFD Guns
Moa with simple reticle would make me really interested
I don’t think we'll see this one in MOA.
Are these up for pre-order anywhere? Anyone know any info on when they’ll be live?
I just spoke to one of the guys at Burris. They are taking orders, nothing has shipped yet.

I'm watching for it.

Reactions: ThickApple1
Do you order by phone or am I just an idiot that can’t fin the button online?

Some have already been sold to retailers. They have a fair number of some of each reticle in stock, and this scope is in production.

I cant say the day, but it won't be long..
Would you guesstimate a couple weeks or longer? Really really trying to hold off, but some of these Gen 2 Razors in the Buy-Sell-Trade are tempting me.

Burris doesn't sell direct. You have to wait for it to hit a retailer.

Their dealer network sucks. I had trouble buying the xtr3 comp because no one sold them. They had plenty of the hunting scopes, but no tactical scopes. It would be nice if they partnered with one of the hide vendors to get these pushed out faster.

I don’t think we'll see this one in MOA.

I just spoke to one of the guys at Burris. They are taking orders, nothing has shipped yet.

I'm watching for it.
That’s a major disappointment on the moa part. I just don’t get why ya wouldn’t offer both platforms. Oh well… lots of other good options. Thought maybe I would own my 1st Burris.

Moa with simple reticle would make me really interested
341.png

That’s a major disappointment on the moa part. I just don’t get why ya wouldn’t offer both platforms. Oh well… lots of other good options. Thought maybe I would own my 1st Burris.
These are produced at the Burris facility in Greeley, which is by no means a massive place. We learned with the XTR3 to focus on what is going to be in demand. There simply isn't the production capacity to produce a lot of SKUs and meet demand on the most popular models.

Don't give up on us though. Maybe we'll roll something out that you like at some point.

Reactions: On_target68
Their dealer network sucks. I had trouble buying the xtr3 comp because no one sold them. They had plenty of the hunting scopes, but no tactical scopes. It would be nice if they partnered with one of the hide vendors to get these pushed out faster.
The XTR3 started out slow, Burris pushed into a new price point.

Once folks figured out what it was, they became pretty hard to get. The XTR3 has been a very good selling scope.

The XTR3 started out slow, Burris pushed into a new price point.

Once folks figured out what it was, they became pretty hard to get. The XTR3 has been a very good selling scope.

I am aware of this. What I'm trying to say is that there is plenty of people in this thread that are ready to spend money and not one dealer is in here saying they have a shipment coming or even taking names for a pre-order. In the vortex gen3 thread there was dealers immediately taking names for pre-order. It would be nice to have that kind of support with Burris.

I am aware of this. What I'm trying to say is that there is plenty of people in this thread that are ready to spend money and not one dealer is in here saying they have a shipment coming or even taking names for a pre-order. In the vortex gen3 thread there was dealers immediately taking names for pre-order. It would be nice to have that kind of support with Burris.
Contact @TheHebrewHammer - he has a big order in and can add to it.

Reactions: TheHebrewHammer
I just hope the glass is good. I wanted an XTR3 but heard that same story in the glass department as the 2.

All of the XTR2s that I've had were miserable, to the point that I actually emailed burris when I recieved the first one to see if I needed to send it back.
My first tac scope was an XTR2. It was an early model with 8 mil turrets. I dropped it after slipping on some ice and it wouldn't hold zero. When I sent it in I asked them if they could do something about the poor IQ. When it came back I was shooting with a buddy who had an Razor g2. We were shooting through some nasty mirage. I could make out the targets a lot better than he could. He looked through my scope and got pissed and sent his RG2 back to Vortex. They said it was within spec. (I am a Vortex fanboy and currently run an AMG for just about everything).

I also bought a 5-30xtr3 as a backup scope and my wife ended up adopting it. I have had it next to my AMG several times. It is very close. The AMG has better resolution, but the XTR3 has better contrast. If the image is contrasty I can see more with the AMG. If everything is the same damn color I can see more with the XTR3 because of the contrast. They are that close.

I have not compared my xtr3 to much but I have compared the AMG to a 5-25 ATACR, G2 Razor, K624i, Bushnell DMR2, and a TT 5-25 lol. Obviously the TT blew it away. The Bushnell, surprisingly, wasn't terrible and K624i wasn't bad either. The rest were annoyingly worse in the image department. Given how close the AMG is to the XTR3, I'm betting the XTR3 holds it's own in comparison to other $2k optics.

Anyone know what the current Burris mil discount would be on this?

@Birddog6424 can you speak to the reticle thickness? My biggest gripe for the XTR III was the I found the reticle too thin and hard to read below 15x. I prefer to run the scope in the 10-12x range ESPECIALLY if I'm shooting from barricades and really struggled with that on the XTR III. I really liked everything else about that scope at its price, felt like it was a home run and a great scope if you were gonna mainly use it above 15x.

That pro model is a lot of scope for the money, and built and designed in the USA. Impressive factory as well. Love to see one and play with it little.

Big fail

No go for me.

I get that it's less cluttered. It's also less intuitive.

With stadia every .2 mils, it's fast as fuck to break it down into .1 intervals. Now I have to fucking guess where .4 mil is.
So use the reticle with .2s how is an extra reticle that some people will want a fail

Reactions: sleeplz
So use the reticle with .2s how is an extra reticle that some people will want a fail

Good idea. I thought the SCR-Q was the only option. I see now that it comes with the SCR 2 which suits me fine.

I have an SCR on a Steiner and the tree is all it needs.

Reactions: D_TROS
Good idea. I thought the SCR-Q was the only option. I see now that it comes with the SCR 2 which suits me fine.

I have an SCR on a Steiner and the tree is all it needs.
Scr only has halves so the scr-q has the same thing but with finer increments. I'll be changing from scr2 to scrq. I never need to make .1mil wind corrections. In fact .2 is rarely ever need so having slightly larger corrections on the reticle is only a good thing and will make me more bold with my wind corrections while counting faster and having a more open reticle

I agree with what you are saying. But allow a company to do business in a manner different from Vortex. They are twice the size of nearly every optics company on the planet.

Burris really wanted to keep this scope under wraps. No leaks, no reveals. They just rolled it out a mere two days ago, and most folks had no idea it was coming. But scopes are produced, they are on the shelf and I have no doubt that they have sold some on Thursday and Friday and will start shipping.

Tell Liberty and CS to buy some..

Reactions: 308pirate
I agree with what you are saying. But allow a company to do business in a manner different from Vortex. They are twice the size of nearly every optics company on the planet.

Burris really wanted to keep this scope under wraps. No leaks, no reveals. They just rolled it out a mere two days ago, and most folks had no idea it was coming. But scopes are produced, they are on the shelf and I have no doubt that they have sold some on Thursday and Friday and will start shipping.

Tell Liberty and CS to buy some..

I'm taken care of. I got on with TheHebrewHammer.

Thank you

So I went and shot a match today. Its always nice to stop talking about it and go do it. First match with the scope, and I learned some things.

Reticle thickness.. yes, its thicker. Its noticeable. My buddy who has a pair of XTRIIIs hopped on my Pro, did a double take to see what magnification I was on, and in less than 5 seconds remarked that it was thicker. Its not a huge difference. If you want a thick reticle, you probably still won't like this one. But it is thicker.

I snapped some shots on 20x for comparison. I tried 10x and 5.5x, but my phone just wouldn't focus on the reticle. But you can look and decide for yourself. With the naked eye I can "kinda" see and use my grid on my XTR IIIs at 8x. I can absolutely see and use it on 8x in the Pro.

XTR III SCR2

XTR PRO SCR2

I'm actually impressed with what I see so far. It fixes all the things I don't like about my XTR3.

Took the opportunity the slap a bunch of optics alongside the scope today. It is definitely a different scope optically.

I think I learned the most from my buddies XTRIII, a 7-35 ATACR, and a 25x Leupy MK5. The XTRIII and MK5 have always had better brightness than a lot of the sub 2k/Japanese optics, to my eyes. That was the case today. The MK5 and XTRIII had good brightness compared to the PRO and ATACR. But clarity and color was definitely better on the latter two. My friend who owns the NF and another shooter looking through them with us felt the PRO was a hair brighter than the NF, I didnt really see it that way, they looked super close to me.

So four of us bounced back and forth through the optics. We all pretty much came to the conclusion that the glass on the Pro was neck and neck with the ATACR. I honestly couldn't find a distinguishing factor between the 3 targets we looked at. They looked the same to me. But the eyebox is better on the Burris. Looking through the MK5 and ATACR after owning an XTR is like looking through a tunnel. Lots of big black ring surrounding the glass at the end.

So I'm really excited to hear what some of the experts say when they get a chance to review one of these. It sure looks to me like the optical quality is edging awfully close to some of those 3k optics for a significantly lower price point.

So some things I learned from today's match.

As you can see from the above pic, it was overcast and hazy (and fargin' cold). Pretty much all day...

Even in the crappy light, the glass was brilliant. Really good clarity, parallax and depth of view is very good. It will focus down to about 15 yards. Tracking is spot on. The turrets dial much easier with the large turret knob than the XTRIII.

The toolless zero is stiff. One of the Burris managers told me it would be.. The Burris pamphlet that comes with it shows you can use the base of your range brass to pop it open if its tight.. I've snapped mine open and closed a handful of times already, and while tight, I could still do it.. This morning, with frozen fingers I couldn't open it, I used the handle of my pocket knife to pop it open. Still easy to manage, but the lever is tight.

It helps to practice it a few times, which I did when I got home today. The lever is on the dial, so you have to learn to grip the turret while you snap open the lever. Just try to flip it open without holding it and you may turn the turret.

I also noticed that the toolless turret underneath is perfectly precise at lining up the setting line with all the turret markings. Dead nuts throughout the range, perfect match. But there is a hair bit of movement in the turret you snap over the top. My black turret can move off the line by about .02. So its not perfectly lined up. Its closer to the line than its not. Its not like some I've seen where its in the middle and you can't tell with click you're on. But it is off slightly dialing up, lining up perfectly dialing down.

My Race Turret lines up throughout.

Overall, very happy with it. Just getting it figured out and sharing my thoughts with you guys on any Pros and Cons I uncover.

Took the opportunity the slap a bunch of optics alongside the scope today. It is definitely a different scope optically.

I think I learned the most from my buddies XTRIII, a 7-35 ATACR, and a 25x Leupy MK5. The XTRIII and MK5 have always had better brightness than a lot of the sub 2k/Japanese optics, to my eyes. That was the case today. The MK5 and XTRIII had good brightness compared to the PRO and ATACR. But clarity and color was definitely better on the latter two. My friend who owns the NF and another shooter looking through them with us felt the PRO was a hair brighter than the NF, I didnt really see it that way, they looked super close to me.

So four of us bounced back and forth through the optics. We all pretty much came to the conclusion that the glass on the Pro was neck and neck with the ATACR. I honestly couldn't find a distinguishing factor between the 3 targets we looked at. They looked the same to me. But the eyebox is better on the Burris. Looking through the MK5 and ATACR after owning an XTR is like looking through a tunnel. Lots of big black ring surrounding the glass at the end.

So I'm really excited to hear what some of the experts say when they get a chance to review one of these. It sure looks to me like the optical quality is edging awfully close to some of those 3k optics for a significantly lower price point.

Are you brining the PRO to the rimfire match at leadfarm next month?

I apologize in advance. This is going to sound negative. But I’m seriously asking.

What scenario is a tool less elevation but not a tool less windage good? If I have to pull out tools for one……it’s moot.

I like the tool less design they used for the elevation. But questioning the utility of it if you still need tools for the other.