• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Burris XTR3!!!

It's ok. They are going to announce the announcement of the xtr3 this week. Available in 2023.
I'm used to scope roll outs being hard pickings for a while. And I'm actually done being pissed at the announcement of a announcement for the announcement.... I just cant wait 6 to 8 months to get one, dont live on a computer to try to catch one when the 12 is stock drop, so I'll have to get something else that's probably just as good but cost more.

That's the shits of it. When they were $17-1800 it was was easier to just grab a mk5 or razor to tide you over, but at $1300 they don't really have any competition. (Of course this only applies if the quality doesn't regress)

Does anybody have the 3-18 mounted with a 40moa base? Technically it looks like it will work on paper. I have a local 22nrl MD that has a long range rimfire fetish.

I've got a 3-18 on my CZ457, with a 30moa base and I'm pretty sure I'm running the 10moa inserts with the Burris rings. Zeroed at 25 yards I've got just over 30mils of adjustment.
Yep, same here. I have the 18x on my CZ457. The 20moa base with another 20moa from Burris Signature rings gives me 31mils of usable elevation from a 50yd zero.

Reactions: Big Timber
I was out lot testing ammo Sunday..it was 35 degrees..went to dial a 100 yards... no clicks?? could barely feel the clicks..couldn't hear them at all..acted the same the rest of the day. Tracked good though..Got it home, let the gun warm up, and my clicks came back.

I'm surprised that they have 400 in stock. I was looking to buy another one, but all the retailers are either out or don't have the scr2 reticle. Do you know which ones they have in stock?

Natchexz shown above, and I did a quick search of camera land as well as swfa and looks like you can order from both of those. Im sure there has to be others if Burris has such a large quantity in stock. Those are the only 2 I checked and I hit on both. That Natchez price is pretty good tho...

There have also been numerous posts here in the last couple years letting others know of deals that pop. If anyone else needs a scope I reccommend doing that!

I was out lot testing ammo Sunday..it was 35 degrees..went to dial a 100 yards... no clicks?? could barely feel the clicks..couldn't hear them at all..acted the same the rest of the day. Tracked good though..Got it home, let the gun warm up, and my clicks came back.

Weird never had that problem and Ive shot in some snow several times. Sounds like the grease/rubber solidified or something that thawed out when it warmed up. I do know the clicks arnt super tactile due to sealant. Im not super sure but I heard of a fiend that removed the cap and cleaned out the turret somehow or removed a ruber seal but I cant remember what he did to get super clicky click sounding turrets. I have nvr done this as I shoot in bad weather so often but I think it can be done.

GL
DT

^Don't know why they dried up all the inventory for a couple of months only to let it out again. I just grabbed 2 more SCR2's from Nachos, just in case the Pro's take longer. If not, my rimfires will have new scopes too.

Reactions: D_TROS
^999? I happen to love the thinness of the SCR2 mil. The illuminated version is going to be thicker. So I justified the risk of having 2 more of the old ones, even if more expensive. Once I get my equipment sorted, I expect to keep it for decades, assuming I live that long, so the additional amortized cost of switching things out is inconsequential. Also, don't remind me of this post when I'm switching all my scopes out again in a couple of years.

Natchexz shown above, and I did a quick search of camera land as well as swfa and looks like you can order from both of those. Im sure there has to be others if Burris has such a large quantity in stock. Those are the only 2 I checked and I hit on both. That Natchez price is pretty good tho...

There have also been numerous posts here in the last couple years letting others know of deals that pop. If anyone else needs a scope I reccommend doing that!

Weird never had that problem and Ive shot in some snow several times. Sounds like the grease/rubber solidified or something that thawed out when it warmed up. I do know the clicks arnt super tactile due to sealant. Im not super sure but I heard of a fiend that removed the cap and cleaned out the turret somehow or removed a ruber seal but I cant remember what he did to get super clicky click sounding turrets. I have nvr done this as I shoot in bad weather so often but I think it can be done.

GL
DT
I sent and email this morning to see if there is anything I could do on my end to fix it...They just sent me a return label..So I guess there is nothing I can do. The wait time is 2-4 weeks..I have to see when i can send it and miss the least amount of matches just in case it turns into 4 weeks.

I think that's close. I was told $1300'ish by a fella at Burris.

Seems like a great value. I was “in” even at an expected price increase of 1-2 hundred for illum. Should be a pretty easy sell with a price decrease, excited to compare with my g2 razor.

Reactions: D_TROS
How do you think that will affect the price of the current XTR3's?
Normally it would force the price of non-illuminated models down; however, non-illuminated were assembled and had some parts machined right at Burris factory in Greeley CO, while illuminated models are being done in the Philippines, some people will prefer USA versions so only time will tell.

Made in the USA was the main factor for me considering a Burris scope. I understand constraints but 3i is a no go for me. I am sure it will be a great scope.

Reactions: jbell
Made in the USA was the main factor for me considering a Burris scope. I understand constraints but 3i is a no go for me. I am sure it will be a great scope.

Buy a regular 3 from Natchos while they still have them, or buy a Pro when available. There is no better value in the marketplace.

edit: Natchos out of stock again... will see if my order gets filled

Last edited:
Reactions: ryllt
For those super secret types who got to play with the preproduction phillipines version does it hold up to the US version? I know that quality products can be made over there, but the OG XTR3 was razor/NXS quality.

For those super secret types who got to play with the preproduction phillipines version does it hold up to the US version? I know that quality products can be made over there, but the OG XTR3 was razor/NXS quality.
I'm not sure if anyone has one in the wild. I've been told they would send me one, and I got a Burris package the other day, I thought that might be it. But it turned out to be something else.

I honestly expect quality to be the same. I think the plant in the Phillipines has churned out some super consistent scopes in the last 4 years in the XTRII and Veracity line ups. The complaints about glass quality in the XTRII has dropped off significantly, with I think most complaints still surfacing about scopes bought in the first three or four years of production.

I think they are more than capable of manufacturing this scope at a high quality level.

I got a Burris package the other day, I thought that might be it. But it turned out to be something else.

A1FAF090-45B5-42A6-B9C6-9956FA27C327.gif

I really like the way they did the illumination on the reticles, in that it's only partially not fully illuminated. Good choice Burris, IMO.

Reactions: ryllt
Seems like Burris has been taking notes from Leupold when it comes to reticle offering across scope models.....

Is the illuminated SCR2 reticle any thicker than the non-illuminated one? Looks like they added images of the illuminated lines, but no changes to reticle dimensions.

Is the illuminated SCR2 reticle any thicker than the non-illuminated one? Looks like they added images of the illuminated lines, but no changes to reticle dimensions.

Discussed some, but only subjectively in the thread... yes, out of necessity, and it is noticeable, but barely.

Really the only complaint that I can see people having is the + in the middle of the SCR2. Seems most like dots and complain, as in the case with the original AMG. I don’t mind it, way easier to quarter a target. If it stays the same quality as the original 3, which it should, it’s going to be one of the best budget scopes out there.

That natchez price on the non illuminated xtriii has me interested, how is the SCR Mil reticle? SCR2 is sold out

The SCR2 is their baby. They designed it, its unique to Burris, they're going to run with it. I doubt there will be much deviation from it.
Don't have a problem with SCR2, more the options they've left out.
If the SCR2 1/4 Mil is the new hotest, why not offer that as well?
Why offer the SCR in MOA and not Mil, or why not do a MOA version of the SCR2.

If the pro is now the super dooper competition scope, why not offer a thicker reticle in the 3.3-18 so it appeals for other uses.
If someone wants the cleaner SCR 1/4 in their competition gun and a matching reticle in the 3.3-18 on an AR or hunting rifle then they are shit outta luck.
Leupold has gotten a lot of shit for releasing the cleaner PR2 reticle (something a lot of people wanted) but not offering it in all their Mark 5 models.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not angry just disappointed.

Don't have a problem with SCR2, more the options they've left out.
If the SCR2 1/4 Mil is the new hotest, why not offer that as well?
Why offer the SCR in MOA and not Mil, or why not do a MOA version of the SCR2.

If the pro is now the super dooper competition scope, why not offer a thicker reticle in the 3.3-18 so it appeals for other uses.
If someone wants the cleaner SCR 1/4 in their competition gun and a matching reticle in the 3.3-18 on an AR or hunting rifle then they are shit outta luck.
Leupold has gotten a lot of shit for releasing the cleaner PR2 reticle (something a lot of people wanted) but not offering it in all their Mark 5 models.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not angry just disappointed.

I get they are probably trying to limit the number of sku's to carry. To me they should just kill the XTR2 line and then expand this new XTR3i line. Maybe time will tell, I wouldnt mind the SCR mil illumated in addition to my current XTR3.

Ive got a new SCR2 and would prefer the SCR mil.
I love mine. The tree completely disappears when I’m not using it. Would totally recommend spending some time behind it. SCR for hunting all day lol

I'm 100% convinced this mag range needs a reticle that is atleast .04mil thick, up to .05mil.
I get that the XTR3 is a competition scope so in theory a thin reticle is better, but I don't see why you would need a scope with less than 5x that has a reticle that is that thin.
I get the theory that for hunting you'll only be using the reticle on 3.3x for very very close shots on big animals but this is a symptom not a feature, a properly sized reticle would be capable of much more than that.

For example; I shot a 22lr event with my PST Gen 1 2.5-10 due to varitety of gear failures that meant I had to peice together a rifle and scope combo. I shot in a class that required lots of fast shooting at very small, close range targets and the scope was bloody awesome.
The reticle being .06mil thick meant I could actually use it on 2.5-4x on very very small targets an could easily use all of the reticle holds at 5x.
I think I shot the whole course of fire at less than 6x other than a KYL rack, any other scope I would've used would've been a minimum of 6x due to reticle thickness.
I do a lot of small game hunting/shooting and find the .06mil reticle perfect for that too, .06mil would be too thick for the 3.3-18 but around .04 and .05 would not be.

Maybe Burris is coming out with a new hunting scope line to replace the Veracity line and will meet this need but I just can't help but think a thicker reticle in the 3.3-18 has plenty of benefits and zero negatives (other than maybe production cost/simplicity).

I was considering buying at $1,800 for the illuminated 3-18. Im pumped for this price drop and getting illum.

I'm 100% convinced this mag range needs a reticle that is atleast .04mil thick, up to .05mil.
I get that the XTR3 is a competition scope so in theory a thin reticle is better, but I don't see why you would need a scope with less than 5x that has a reticle that is that thin.
I get the theory that for hunting you'll only be using the reticle on 3.3x for very very close shots on big animals but this is a symptom not a feature, a properly sized reticle would be capable of much more than that.

For example; I shot a 22lr event with my PST Gen 1 2.5-10 due to varitety of gear failures that meant I had to peice together a rifle and scope combo. I shot in a class that required lots of fast shooting at very small, close range targets and the scope was bloody awesome.
The reticle being .06mil thick meant I could actually use it on 2.5-4x on very very small targets an could easily use all of the reticle holds at 5x.
I think I shot the whole course of fire at less than 6x other than a KYL rack, any other scope I would've used would've been a minimum of 6x due to reticle thickness.
I do a lot of small game hunting/shooting and find the .06mil reticle perfect for that too, .06mil would be too thick for the 3.3-18 but around .04 and .05 would not be.

Maybe Burris is coming out with a new hunting scope line to replace the Veracity line and will meet this need but I just can't help but think a thicker reticle in the 3.3-18 has plenty of benefits and zero negatives (other than maybe production cost/simplicity).
My SWFA 5-20 is .05 and my XTR2s are .05 according to Burris and the reticle is easier to see in the SWFA. We need a crossover scope that’s usable on the lower end. Athlon is getting there with the Helos 2-12.

My SWFA 5-20 is .05 and my XTR2s are .05 according to Burris and the reticle is easier to see in the SWFA. We need a crossover scope that’s usable on the lower end. Athlon is getting there with the Helos 2-12.
Getting there yes but not perfect. Center dot is too big for longer range. Wish they’d make it anywhere besides China as well.

Getting there yes but not perfect. Center dot is too big for longer range. Wish they’d make it anywhere besides China as well.
I agree on all. That dot is huge. I need to compare glass in shitty light, unfortunately our weather has been very clear and sunny.