• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Burris XTR3!!!

WTF, you were supposed to peel off a couple for me! And another 10 for the rest of the guys in the thread...
Believe me, I tried. I'm not exaggerating. They lasted a millisecond. šŸ˜Ŗ

I can only cross my fingers that a vendor or two we know managed to snag some.

They have some SCR Quarter Mil and Tremor 5s left. It was a quick lesson in how production between the reticles should be proportioned. Though I do think the Quarter Mil will do better over time. The SCR2 is a known reticle, so it went fast.

They have some SCR Quarter Mil and Tremor 5s left. It was a quick lesson in how production between the reticles should be proportioned. Though I do think the Quarter Mil will do better over time. The SCR2 is a known reticle, so it went fast.

I think Hebrew Hammer said his were going to be in the 2nd batch... hopefully still end of March.

Reactions: Birddog6424

I could get use to a 1/4 mil. Tell them to set it outside the door and Iā€™ll swing by lol.

DB1CA3F1-BF9D-40A5-B3CF-9D8E1961CFF0.jpeg
Turret hack. If youā€™re not a fan of the dragon scales, like me, I found a cheap solution. Cut a small slice of a bicycle inner tube and stretch around it. Stays put pretty well and feels so much better.

Keep an eye on primary arms. They still have some non-illuminated 3-18s. They have been on sale for a while, and coupled with the 12% off sitewide they run every other week, they are $1150 ish.

Can anyone here say if the standard (non-tree) SCR reticle in the 3.3-18 is usable at low power? I'm seriously considering picking up one from Camera Land at that price. It has the potential to be a good crossover scope.

Can anyone here say if the standard (non-tree) SCR reticle in the 3.3-18 is usable at low power? I'm seriously considering picking up one from Camera Land at that price. It has the potential to be a good crossover scope.
I have two XTRIIs that are hunting rifle specific with the SCR. I love that reticle for hunting. Its plenty thick without being obnoxiously so, and takes illumination well.

Reactions: xpshooter and rhsc

If the XTR 3i is available for $999 then it has just made A LOT of optics invaild.
I hope they are going to produce a lot of these.

I kinda wish they'd do a 30mm tube verison (or atleast a similar scope in 30mm) but at that price I can spend some money on replacing all my scope rings.

If the XTR 3i is available for $999 then it has just made A LOT of optics invaild.
I hope they are going to produce a lot of these.

I kinda wish they'd do a 30mm tube verison (or atleast a similar scope in 30mm) but at that price I can spend some money on replacing all my scope rings.
It's not the new illuminated one its just the XTR 3, but still an amazing price !

It's not the new illuminated one its just the XTR 3, but still an amazing price !
Looks like its a super sale on the Greely made scopes, I wonder if they are doing a few final runs before swtiching to the Phillipine made XTR3is.
Either way if the US made scope is selling for $1200 then the XTR3i should/could be much closer to $1000.

WIth the price increase on Vortex scopes I wonder if the PST Gen2 will see a hit in sales.
Seems like Vortex PST and Razor, and Athlon Cronus and Ares will be somewhat destroyed by the XTR3i at those street prices.

When are these officially hitting the shelves? For 1k Iā€™ll easily buy two 3i models

Looks like its a super sale on the Greely made scopes, I wonder if they are doing a few final runs before swtiching to the Phillipine made XTR3is.
Either way if the US made scope is selling for $1200 then the XTR3i should/could be much closer to $1000.
They were sitting on a bunch of non illuminated XTRIIIs to blow out. Production and the necessary tooling switched over to the Pro months ago in Greeley.

I do think illuminated will be close to that number. A $1200 MAP should be fairly close to $1k on the street.
Looking at the reticle choices listed on the Burris webpage, they will only be offering the illuminated 3.3-18 with the MOA SCR and the SCR2. If that's the case, this may be the last opportunity to get the MIL version of the non-tree reticle. Now what the heck do I do... :unsure::LOL:

Last edited:
Looking at the reticle choices listed on the Burris webpage, they will only be offering the illuminated 3.3-18 with the MOA SCR and the SCR2. If that's the case, this may be the last opportunity to get the MIL version of the non-tree reticle. Now what the heck do I do... :unsure::LOL:
It's possible that others reticle offerings will open up down the road. But that seems to be the two they are rolling out for now.

In my humble opinion, they should offer the SCR Mil in that optic. And possibly the Quarter Mil or Tremor 5.

Reactions: rhsc
wow dudes all wacked on caffine...cant blame ya so am i lol...

Burris has always had foreign made scopes. They have also ALWAYS made scopes right here in Greeley, CO also starting in the 70's. My support wont waver for a company that, as my first post in the Pro thread says, "An American company, using American workers, making American products" and that hasnt changed. Weird you think it has...

Not sure why youd expect me to dump Burris. Rather odd knee-jerk reaction.

Even before my "newfound love for china" I supported Burris, as I would and do support any American company (I own Leupold and NF American made scopes also). I bought my first ever scope from Burris. Made in Greeley. Still own it. Like the black diamond iirc. Havnt shot that scope in years.

Couple things, but primarily your attack is poorly thought out and at best very juvenile.

I never once hid any scopes place of production. This scope and all the XTR3's that I own and shoot with are made right here in the USA.

I will also continue to "foam at the mouth" over an American made scope because I love this county. Sorry that you dont.

Now you bring up the other chena crap I use daily. IF there was an AMERICAN alternative, bet your ass I would use American. EVERY. DANG. TIME.

You say blaming the buyer is shifting blame...yet you blame the buyer. Come on man. Not once in any threads did I mention ALL their scopes are USA made. Not once. They arnt. Thats laughable. Im proud to be a shooter for a company that goes out of the way, and makes less $$$ for it, to have an American made option. And I will continue to do so.

My name is Dorgan. Find me at a ton of shooting matches. Not hiding behind a computer spewing hate. I hate foreign production. Always have. Always will. Im sorry you love it. Not gonna lie and I dont think I have once changed my story.

Im far from perfect so saying im a hypocrite prob is true along the line. Im truly sorry tho that I hurt your feelings. What else do you expect me to talk about in a XTR3 thread?

To finish, as Burris is a super small company, they cant make all their scopes here. Too small. The 3 was outsourced to make room for the new PRO. Its like a athlon lover to come spew some hate. They come on everyones threads "PM me for a great deal!" Never once have I gone on another scope thread and said how mine is better UNLESS someone asked how it compares. That why I responded as I did. Dont get all hurt. It gets old when people bring the hate on forums. Find me at a match and Ill buy you a beer and we can compare scopes and hug it out.

Did it sadden me by the decision for Burris to make the 3 out of country? Absolutely. I still have my USA made scopes so Ill live. Meanwhile, the USA made pro is my new fav scope. As it should be when a better option comes available. If thats being a hipocrite than I guess I am one...if thats ok with you if I root for USA made products?

(please print off and fill out attached report.

lol relax karen its a joke)

Regards
Dorgan

If someone is ever in a situation where they create a wall of text with a line by line rebuttal using the multiple quote option to seperate out 10 different quotes, they're in way too deep. My advice to that person would be, type it all out, read it back to yourself, then hit the delete button.

@Birddog6424, Sounds like you should tell your buddy to take your own advice? Or does it only apply selectively, like his critique for where products are made?

Its weird how we have plenty of product reps on this forum, yet only one brand rep that needs to constantly get their panties in a bunch over asking questions and lash out at buyers (in this AND other threads).

Careful, DT will call you names then tell you that you're not worthy of owning a burris because nothing they do could possibly be improved and how dare you think otherwise šŸ¤£

Seems to happen often enough that even others are making a joke of it. Imagine being this afraid of shoppers simply asking questions.

Last edited:
@Birddog6424, Sounds like you should tell your buddy to take your own advice? Or does it only apply selectively, like his critique for where products are made?

Its weird how we have plenty of product reps on this forum, yet only one brand rep that needs to constantly get their panties in a bunch over asking questions and lash out at buyers (in this AND other threads).

Seems to happen often enough that even others are making a joke of it. Imagine being this afraid of shoppers simply asking questions.

Attachments

• C98B3F6B-AA69-47EE-8F6E-9289696CE122.jpeg
    C98B3F6B-AA69-47EE-8F6E-9289696CE122.jpeg
    412.8 KB · Views: 47
Imagine being a grown man (maybe a poor assumption?) and worrying about whether or not someone prefers American made products.

Dorgan is a brand rep, I doubt he had input to Burris on moving production elsewhere.

This is feeling a lot like cancel culture. #hashtagcanceldorgan. Seriously, we get it though, take your liberal cancel culture bullshit to a new thread if you feel that strongly about this topic.

There's this handy button called "Ignore" when you click on someone's name on the left, I've only had to use it for a few people since it came about, but it's really convenient for those who just want to cause trouble. Some people have a bad day, get drunk or what have you, and they usually come around, while others seem to just spew their toxicity no matter what.

Imagine being a grown man (maybe a poor assumption?) and worrying about whether or not someone prefers American made products.

Dorgan is a brand rep, I doubt he had input to Burris on moving production elsewhere.

This is feeling a lot like cancel culture. #hashtagcanceldorgan. Seriously, we get it though, take your liberal cancel culture bullshit to a new thread if you feel that strongly about this topic.

I missed the part where I said he should be cancelled? Seems like you're the only one who's actually promoted that so far. All I did was point out that he's a hypocrite on the product origin subject, and asked if he was going to apply those same beliefs to their new non-US made products.

I didnt demand or even suggest at any point that anyone even NOT buy Burris. I even think the current prices for the outgoing XTR 3 is a steal, and recommended it in another thread when someone said an inferior scope was the "best offering" in the sub $2000 price point, regardless of their brand rep thinking he should attack anyone who remotely questions Burris's decisions or products. I came in here and asked a simple question, and somebody decided the only way to answer it was to have an aneurysm. Thats outside of my control.

Sorry if I dont blindly worship the people you do. Haven't done so this far, and not planning to start anytime soon.

Last edited:
I don't blindly worship anyone in this thread, or any others or anywhere for that matter. I don't know or care that you recommended a burris in another thread. Do you want a cookie for that or looking to be the next sponsored rep?

I don't own a Burris of any kind. I am not a fan boy and don't know Dorgan or Ja at all. I take all their comments with a bigger grain of salt than anyone else's here (no offense Dorgan and Ja). I care about performance and am here to find out about that. I do not make decisions on buying whether or not my favorite brand influencer has on opinion on where it is made. Where it is made, is where it is made. Be an adult and use that to buy what you want.

Your simple question was if someone was going to join you in the China loving threads. He responded and said no. Neither person is changing their opinion. It is clearly personal at this point and not related to the Burris XTR3 product. Take it to PM's if its personal. Should be end of story. You shitting in this thread for as long as you have is not serving any purposes other than your own.

My simple question is what's your goal is here? What do you want out of this? Clearly it is not to get a simple question answered because you already have. Either you are here to effect a company's sales or like to troll and want to infect the forum with cancer.

My blood pressure is just fine and nothing someone says on the internet is going to change that. I apologize to the other members which now have seen two more unneeded posts feeding the troll. I will take Glass's advice and go for the Ignore button.

• Haha
Reactions: AleksanderSuave
I don't blindly worship anyone in this thread, or any others or anywhere for that matter. I don't know or care that you recommended a burris in another thread. Do you want a cookie for that or looking to be the next sponsored rep?

I don't own a Burris of any kind. I am not a fan boy and don't know Dorgan or Ja at all. I take all their comments with a bigger grain of salt than anyone else's here (no offense Dorgan and Ja). I care about performance and am here to find out about that. I do not make decisions on buying whether or not my favorite brand influencer has on opinion on where it is made. Where it is made, is where it is made. Be an adult and use that to buy what you want.

Your simple question was if someone was going to join you in the China loving threads. He responded and said no. Neither person is changing their opinion. It is clearly personal at this point and not related to the Burris XTR3 product. Take it to PM's if its personal. Should be end of story. You shitting in this thread for as long as you have is not serving any purposes other than your own.

My simple question is what's your goal is here? What do you want out of this? Clearly it is not to get a simple question answered because you already have. Either you are here to effect a company's sales or like to troll and want to infect the forum with cancer.

My blood pressure is just fine and nothing someone says on the internet is going to change that. I apologize to the other members which now have seen two more unneeded posts feeding the troll. I will take Glass's advice and go for the Ignore button.

You sound confused. If I'm here to "effect" the company's sales or troll, why would I recommend them in another thread?

Some basic reading skills would go a long way here. My "simple question" was how this scope compared to a few other models in the price range. Me asking him if his POV on China has changed by now, was in relation to the response he had about Chinese production making other brands inadequate.

You would certainly be a lot less confused if you didnt respond at random and miss the entire point.

Can we get a TLDR on this thread? Too time consuming to make sense of what's what with all the silly bois making noise.

XTR Pro is being made in the US, in Colorado?

There is some supply left over on US Made XRT IIIs (see eurooptic and cameraland), but production has been moved to Asia.

Is that correct?

And all glass is Japanese. Old 3 glass assembled in CO is same as new 3i glass assembled in Phi. Pro glass is supposedly a noticeable step up (I'm thinking along lines of G3, but haven't seen it), and again assembled in CO. Reticles are all illuminated and are a bit thicker (noticeably, but supposedly not obtrusively). And finally the fancy turrets on the Pro.

Have we heard yet when we expect to see XTR 3i's in the wild yet? Don't know if I can resist a non-illuminated model anymore at the CameraLand price.

Have we heard yet when we expect to see XTR 3i's in the wild yet? Don't know if I can resist a non-illuminated model anymore at the CameraLand price.

Just my opinion, and this is what I have done. The American made one is a proven quantity. Buy the American made one from Camera Land and wait for the illuminated ones to get out in the wild and make sure they are good to go before the supply of American made ones dry up.

Just my opinion, and this is what I have done. The American made one is a proven quantity. Buy the American made one from Camera Land and wait for the illuminated ones to get out in the wild and make sure they are good to go before the supply of American made ones dry up.

Did just that a couple hours ago. Called before I I did, they are expecting to get them in mid to late next week.

Its going on a hunting rifle, but not one I expect to take close shots with - therefore I shouldn't be on minimum magnification, and maybe illumination won't be a big deal then? Never had an XTR II or III, excited to get one to play with though.

Reactions: Big Timber
Me too! Iā€™d happily take any one of the three models (3, 3i, or Pro) in a SCR2

Dear Burris-

I realize you are based out of CO and the intern in charge of the specs on the webpage may be partaking for medicinal purposes, but please spend two minutes and correct the errors on the spec sheet.

I have a XTRIII on the way and am rather excited about it; however, I canā€™t help but feel like Iā€™m buying a knockoff leuppy from a Chinese eBay seller based on the lack of accuracy in the specs on your own website.

Thanks (if you fix the errors).

@Birddog6424

E3C48AA4-F4F7-4538-A42A-A5B669ECFE3A.jpeg
ABCE1629-7D94-49E9-BF77-6FE2688B7505.jpeg

Last edited:
Dear Burris-

I realize you are based out of CO and the intern in charge of the specs on the webpage may be partaking for medicinal purposes, but please spend two minutes and correct the errors on the spec sheet.

I have a XTRIII on the way and am rather excited about it but I canā€™t help but feel like Iā€™m buying a knockoff leuppy from a Chinese eBay seller based on the lack of accuracy in the specs on your own website.

View attachment 7815371View attachment 7815372
Would also like the reticle information to make sense, it's a complete mess with no consistent layout to the subtension drawings.

Still have not had it confirmed if the SCR2 is a different thickness between models and a Burris rep told be the illuminated reticle was the same thickness as the non illuminated, which based of DTs pictures is not true.

Dear Burris-

I have a XTRIII on the way and am rather excited about it; however, I canā€™t help but feel like Iā€™m buying a knockoff leuppy from a Chinese eBay seller based on the lack of accuracy in the specs on your own website.

@Birddog6424

View attachment 7815371View attachment 7815372
That's why the XTR IIIi is cheaper, it's really a 3.3-1.8 LPVO :D Yes, I get you, bugs the heck out of me when the manufacturer lists incorrect specs

I think the guy from the Razor Gen4 thread works for Burris.

36C0BECC-65BC-4EA2-A1F2-F837801007F4.jpeg

Wrong reticle in the pic for the SCR 2. Details matter, at least to me.

Reactions: MK3XXX