• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Bushmaster ACR?

KM375

SSG
Minuteman
May 10, 2010
VA.
Anyone shot one of these things? How accurate? worth the hype?

Re: Bushmaster ACR?

My google foo was not working, I typed in ACR and nothing came up.

First off I have not shot one; but, I was my FFL dealers last weekend andhe had one on the wall so I got to play with it some. I like the feel of it and I love the ability to change barrels quickly. He has shot it and he said it was in the line of a LWRC for accuracy.

A local Houston dealer has one of these and has had it for about three weeks. It is the basic model and priced at about 2600$. The price, of course, may not be firm. I handled it and was not impressed. It seems much heavier than necessary for a 556 but may be fine for a 6.8, but I prefer the Barrett in 6.8. The rifle also to me has a feeling of bulkiness.

handled it but would wait for the 2nd gen before dropping that kind of coin on one. The main thing that I didnt like is the weight. I had a Scar and the ACR together and "to me" the ACR was noticibly heavier.

With that said I will own one someday when they do some refinements and when they release the full version. JMHO

I had one for a while. Best shooting AR ive ever had, and a super neat gun that gets a LOT of attention anywhere you take it. I didnt like that it was a 1:9 twist barrel, and that Bushmaster never came out with any of the caliber conversion kits. I got heavily into .300 AAC for a while and had intentions of registering that gun and doing a few short barrels, but being that nothing ever came out, I lost interest in the over priced AR that looked super cool and got some other guns. For what it is, its bad ass, and I think it is better than a SCAR, but then looking at both of them, they are just fancy overpriced ARs and only cool if you want a neat looking gun. Neither can really do anything special or better than a DI AR15.

Who in their right mind will pay 2600$ for a bushmaster?

"Neither can really do anything special or better than a DI AR15"

It was high up on the pages when I replied, I was just bored and going through a few threads. Im not selling anything.