• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bushmaster ACR?

KM375

SSG
Minuteman
May 10, 2010
VA.
Anyone shot one of these things? How accurate? worth the hype?

Re: Bushmaster ACR?

My google foo was not working, I typed in ACR and nothing came up.

First off I have not shot one; but, I was my FFL dealers last weekend andhe had one on the wall so I got to play with it some. I like the feel of it and I love the ability to change barrels quickly. He has shot it and he said it was in the line of a LWRC for accuracy.

A local Houston dealer has one of these and has had it for about three weeks. It is the basic model and priced at about 2600$. The price, of course, may not be firm. I handled it and was not impressed. It seems much heavier than necessary for a 556 but may be fine for a 6.8, but I prefer the Barrett in 6.8. The rifle also to me has a feeling of bulkiness.

handled it but would wait for the 2nd gen before dropping that kind of coin on one. The main thing that I didnt like is the weight. I had a Scar and the ACR together and "to me" the ACR was noticibly heavier.

With that said I will own one someday when they do some refinements and when they release the full version. JMHO

I had one for a while. Best shooting AR ive ever had, and a super neat gun that gets a LOT of attention anywhere you take it. I didnt like that it was a 1:9 twist barrel, and that Bushmaster never came out with any of the caliber conversion kits. I got heavily into .300 AAC for a while and had intentions of registering that gun and doing a few short barrels, but being that nothing ever came out, I lost interest in the over priced AR that looked super cool and got some other guns. For what it is, its bad ass, and I think it is better than a SCAR, but then looking at both of them, they are just fancy overpriced ARs and only cool if you want a neat looking gun. Neither can really do anything special or better than a DI AR15.

Who in their right mind will pay 2600$ for a bushmaster?

"Neither can really do anything special or better than a DI AR15"

It was high up on the pages when I replied, I was just bored and going through a few threads. Im not selling anything.