• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bushnell ConX Pricing

It's actually not the combo that is for sale at that price.

Add both (combo and non) to the shopping cart and you'll see they have the same item number. Call their CS and they will tell you the combo is not on sale.
CONX.png

It's actually not the combo that is for sale at that price.

What do I know?

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/i.imgur.com\/oG6RktXl.png"}[/IMG2]

The combo is also $750 at Midway and in-stock.

Apparently not how to read. They are the same item "IK - 714450", but it actually represents just the CONX not the combo. Like I said call their CS and ask them. IMG_2956.PNG.jpg

Last edited:
You do you booboo, I'll enjoy the combo I paid less than $700 for and already received.

I don't think you understand how Cabelas works, but go ahead and spout off dumb shit. See below for the difference between an Item Number and a Model (within that Item Number).

uRLgu4q.png

Last edited:
Well if you got it from Cabelas then maybe they have fixed their system. When I contacted them about it, I was told it was a glitch in their system.

Well if you got it from Cabelas then maybe they have fixed their system. When I contacted them about it, I was told it was a glitch in their system.
it is not a glitch. Cabelas items can have same item number with different model number.
the combo price is a steal. If I dont already have a sig 2200 and a Radius I would grab one in a heart beat.

Attachments

• photo68047.png
    photo68047.png
    28.6 KB · Views: 41
My apologies you guys appear to be right. I guess it just seems odd they would have the CONX at $700 and the combo at the same price too.

Shit i need to jump on this, although all my buddies are trying to talk me out of it amd to get a kilo 2200 and kestral elite

I was looking at these, wondering if a new one is on the horizon based on how pricing keeps dropping...

However, when I went through the shopping cart with Cabela's, they wanted to charge tax which made it cost more than the Midway offering. $699 isn't such a great deal once they add 10% or so tax to it. And every state with a Cabela's store essentially charges tax the way I hear it.

If you can order through Cabela's for $699 and pay no shipping or tax, well, go for it I say because that's the best price I found online. WITH tax, not worth it, there are cheaper options.

Well, I called 'em (Busnell) just now and they said they have nothing they plan on releasing soon, nothing planned within the next six months and nothing the tech has heard of, but that they "do have things on the horizon" but adding that they always do. I think the big deal with all the sales and combos is that there IS a better item, but it's not the LRF, it's the Kestrel. The Elite model is the one you or I would want, but isn't the one that comes with the combo. Glad I found that out digging around on Kestrel's site. Kestrel has some models they are clearing out and I'll bet the Sportsman models are probably next on the chopping block. I'll bet when they run out of Sportsman models they'll up the price and start including the Elite.

It looks like some offer the Elite model with the firmware upgrade, but there doesn't seem to be any deals --it looks like you pay full price for the Elite Kestrel ($709) and full price for the ConX ($300+). Allkestrel has one combo for $1100 for example.

I looked on Kestrel's website and there is the Elite upgrade for the Sportsman, which you definitely want if you shoot long range (they had comparison tables, the Elite does quite a bit more). It's $190 or $220 if you need the dongle; add $40-$49 more for the weather vane/mount if you want that.

If you can find the 5700 Link Elite for sale for less than $709, the MSRP, and score the ConX for $300, that's actually the best deal because you don't have to buy the upgrade, just the dongle for $30 (saying you want to use a computer for uploads) which will work out to ~$1039 (saying the Kestrel is bought at MSRP) vs. $750 for the combo plus $220 for the firmware upgrade and dongle for a total of $970. For $60 more or less, and I get discounts so it may work out better for me to buy it this way anyway, I can get the ConX and Elite Kestrel and not have to fuck with installing any updates. Elite models come in different colors too, if that's important to you; I think I'd rather have olive green than tan given a choice, but they come in black and orange as well.

So $750 for the basic ConX with Sportsman in a combo kit, or $1009 for the ConX with Elite or $1039 with dongle also, all bought separate.

Last edited:
Well, I called 'em (Busnell) just now and they said they have nothing they plan on releasing soon, nothing planned within the next six months and nothing the tech has heard of, but that they "do have things on the horizon" but adding that they always do.

The ConX and Kestrel combo is the only combo --there is no other "better" combo that has a better Kestrel or LRF. They are what they are. The Sportsman Kestrel works with the ConX and it's the only one that will work with the ConX and the ConX is the only LRF they make, no other models with upgraded features.

In short, all the combos and individual items you see are all the same.

As far as updating the software and programs included, well, I don't know much about that and didn't ask --may be an issue, may not be. Should have asked more questions while I had him but I never remember them until after the conversation is over.

Upgrading the firmware from sportsman to elite took me 20 minutes and no issues.

I was looking at these, wondering if a new one is on the horizon based on how pricing keeps dropping...

However, when I went through the shopping cart with Cabela's, they wanted to charge tax which made it cost more than the Midway offering. $699 isn't such a great deal once they add 10% or so tax to it. And every state with a Cabela's store essentially charges tax the way I hear it.

If you can order through Cabela's for $699 and pay no shipping or tax, well, go for it I say because that's the best price I found online. WITH tax, not worth it, there are cheaper options.

ActiveJunky has 10% cashback right now. The ability to leverage your discounted gift cards at Cabelas is also great: http://www.ebay.com/itm/100-Cabelas-Gift-Card-For-Only-82-FREE-Mail-Delivery/292217465536

I don't have gift cards for Cabela's and there's a store not far from here. A BIG one. But $699 isn't that great of a deal when I can get the same combo for $750, no tax or shipping, from other vendors. But I've made up my mind to get the 5700 Kestrel Elite w/Links/ConX --it has all the upgrades installed. May take 20 minutes, but also costs $190 plus the $30 dongle.

Again, if you buy the LRF for $299 and you get the 5700 Kestrel Elite for ~$709 (and that's without any discounts such as vet or active duty being applied, it can be as much as 10% off) then you get the total package for $1038 with dongle. It would be $750 plus $220 for the same package that you have to upgrade for a total of $970. I'd rather just have the Elite Kestrel as-is and the LRF and I'm willing to pay the $68 difference (or less with discounts which will probably break even with buying the combo but not having to upgrade it). In short, I'm gonna get a better setup than the combo for a little more than the best combo price. Definitely worth looking into if you plan on buying into the ConX LRF and Kestrel Bluetooth/Links setup, because like I said, the features on the Elite Kestrel make it worth it.

If you already have a Sportsman model and the regular combo, you can always upgrade for $190-$220, but if you haven't bought anything yet, I highly recommend purchasing separately for the reasons mentioned above.

It was kinda complicated and there was a lot of fine print and they don't just come out and say the Sportsman is inferior, in fact, they laud it and sell it quite hard buy not mentioning the 5700 Elite models. I asked questions on here, asking for advice and it got my spurred into making some phone calls as well as online research. But again, compare the Sportsman side by side to the Elite and you'll see why you want this model or upgrade, depending on your situation.

I don't have gift cards for Cabela's and there's a store not far from here. A BIG one. But $699 isn't that great of a deal when I can get the same combo for $750, no tax or shipping, from other vendors. But I've made up my mind to get the 5700 Kestrel Elite w/Links/ConX --it has all the upgrades installed. May take 20 minutes, but also costs $190 plus the $30 dongle.

Again, if you buy the LRF for $299 and you get the 5700 Kestrel Elite for ~$709 (and that's without any discounts such as vet or active duty being applied, it can be as much as 10% off) then you get the total package for $1038 with dongle. It would be $750 plus $220 for the same package that you have to upgrade for a total of $970. I'd rather just have the Elite Kestrel as-is and the LRF and I'm willing to pay the $68 difference (or less with discounts which will probably break even with buying the combo but not having to upgrade it). In short, I'm gonna get a better setup than the combo for a little more than the best combo price. Definitely worth looking into if you plan on buying into the ConX LRF and Kestrel Bluetooth/Links setup, because like I said, the features on the Elite Kestrel make it worth it.

If you already have a Sportsman model and the regular combo, you can always upgrade for $190-$220, but if you haven't bought anything yet, I highly recommend purchasing separately for the reasons mentioned above.

It was kinda complicated and there was a lot of fine print and they don't just come out and say the Sportsman is inferior, in fact, they laud it and sell it quite hard buy not mentioning the 5700 Elite models. I asked questions on here, asking for advice and it got my spurred into making some phone calls as well as online research. But again, compare the Sportsman side by side to the Elite and you'll see why you want this model or upgrade, depending on your situation.

The dongle comes with the upgrade. You also have to understand how it's being marketed. It's marketed for hunting. You can get the elite version in the kestrel website.

Reactions: MilDot1960
For those who have ordered the combo from experticity how long did it take to receive it? I have ordered stuff on there before that took over a month to show up and wondered if this was slow too.

For those who have ordered the combo from experticity how long did it take to receive it? I have ordered stuff on there before that took over a month to show up and wondered if this was slow too.

Mine took 10 days. Bushnell was very fast and has been from previous orders as well.

Yeah it seems like once a month on a Saturday/Sunday they drop the price to $280. I ordered mine August 13th. But on the 11th and 14th the price was $315 from Brownells, just on the 12 and 13th did the price dip to $280. They actually charged me the $315 pricing when they ran the card the 14th but I sent customer service the invoice and they changed it to what I actually purchased it for on the 13th. Brownells CS was really good to deal with.

Well in the UK we get screwed they are still charging £1185.00 which at the current exchange rate works out to be $1528.65c USD which is totally Stupid. so it's no wonder why vectronix are not sold here

See Here, https://www.opticswarehouse.co.uk/pr...r-meter-combo/

ouch. you need a friend in the US to buy them and mail them to you.

I think I ve said it before to you, it might be time to take Brexit to the next level and have yourselves a good ol fashioned Tea Party.

ouch. you need a friend in the US to buy them and mail them to you.

I think I ve said it before to you, it might be time to take Brexit to the next level and have yourselves a good ol fashioned Tea Party.

Yeah for sure, I want one of the new G7 BR2500's but I can't find one over here, and when the BR2 came out I tried to get planet Optics to sell me one but they would not be in it,

I am all for people making a profit but these prices are just OTT, It took me 3 years to get my Leupold GR spotting kit because they wanted over $3500 for them and then the Leupold Importers closed down and I ended up buying it from the people who bought all their stock for about $1550.00c.

John.

Yeah for sure, I want one of the new G7 BR2500's but I can't find one over here, and when the BR2 came out I tried to get planet Optics to sell me one but they would not be in it,

I am all for people making a profit but these prices are just OTT, It took me 3 years to get my Leupold GR spotting kit because they wanted over $3500 for them and then the Leupold Importers closed down and I ended up buying it from the people who bought all their stock for about $1550.00c.

John.

He'll just cause I feel bad for you I'll work something out. If you want something and it's cheaper here. I'll help you out. No one should pay triple for something because their government is fucking greedy.

He'll just cause I feel bad for you I'll work something out. If you want something and it's cheaper here. I'll help you out. No one should pay triple for something because their government is fucking greedy.

Thanks that would be a great help for sure, because I have done all my dough up until Christmas then I will be Ok, my Leupold LTO cost me $909.00c I paid about $705.00c/709.00 for the ConX on it's Own from that store in that link,

I bought a fridge/freezer for my 4x4 a while back which is great because within weeks my household fridge/freezer threw in the towel just weeks after getting it so I managed to save all the food and some how I managed to get it for the normal price which worked out to be around $730.00 but the Thermal Cover cost me another $215.00c,

So this has been an expensive 6 months., Lol.

John.

The ConX was slow out the Gate but now they are selling like crazy, I was happy to pay over $700.00 for mine but you guys are really hitting the jackpot. for the money it has to be the best thing since sliced bread, they work well and it is full of features, I never thought they would like this.

John.

Damn it, bought it two days ago at 280 with 20 off and free shipping, today with the MDB mentioned above ^^ is 30 off and free shipping. Every time I buy something for what I think is the best deal theyll have two days later a better one pops up.

Use code "MDB" from Brownells today and you're at $249.99 shipped.
Also order through activejunky for an extra 4% back (paid out quarterly).
Use my invite and we both get an extra $10. https://www.activejunky.com/invite/237326

Congratulations you got it for the lowest price new that I have heard about! I got it for $252

I was shooting with some people running a Vortex 1000 and Sig Kilo 2000 and I feel confident in saying the ConX was the best out of the pack.

Yeah I picked it up for the same $252 shipped. I've only had a bit of time to test but so far I'm liking the app connection as well.

Well this thread was a blast, and a lot of Conx's found a home, so how are you guys getting on with them, ?

John.

Well this thread was a blast, and a lot of Conx's found a home, so how are you guys getting on with them, ?

John.

Working just fine for me so far once I figured out that holding the button down a bit would allow me to read further than just a tap of it. I’ve gotten hits on a shack about 1400 yards away but that was about 50% of the time. So two pushes for a reading. Fine by me for the 260 bucks it cost me.

Working just fine for me so far once I figured out that holding the button down a bit would allow me to read further than just a tap of it. I’ve gotten hits on a shack about 1400 yards away but that was about 50% of the time. So two pushes for a reading. Fine by me for the 260 bucks it cost me.
That's not bad, it will prove to do better depending on the colour it will hit on stone buildings 10 for 10 at 1485yds and I have hit things further, I saw a video today where the guy was getting readings out to 1798yds off of Pronghorns on a bright sunny day, that was impressive seeing as Bushnell claim that it gets Deer at 600yds,

Between RF’s right now, so picked one up for $229 shipped. Bought my 5700 elite AB for $600

Pretty impressed with how it bt’s to my 5700 with the correct elevation. Not something I would sell for this price.

On the Exchange?
I’m torn between the sig 2200mr or the conx kestrel combo. I have never owned a lrf and never had a kestrel.