• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bushnell ConX Pricing

So I went out for a few hours today. After hiking a couple miles and not getting to see too far I decided to take a drive. I've got a few pictures and thought about posting a review in its own thread, or I could just throw it all in here.

Bottom Line, I wasn't able to get a reading past 1550 yards. That was on a steel building. The longest I was able to get on a giant windmill was 1200 ish.. I'm thinking they have a non-reflective coating on them to some degree.

Ranging under 600 yards it pretty much point and shoot and you'll get anything you aim at.
800- 1k is still pretty easy to do off hand, on trees and larger items.
Anything over 1k takes a steady hand or a tripod. Any you need to be patient.
The longest brown thing I could zap today was a dog at 400 yards.. I didnt need to range the dog to know it would do that.

As I was coming home I hit up a couple 1 mile fields. I could range a small pine at 1253, but couldnt get a giant ALONE maple a couple hundred yards behind this. I figured that it wasnt going to happen and drove forward. I found a new opening and hit the maple again and was able to get 1483, at the base. I was pretty impressed with that. Up to that point I thought " Nah, this thing isnt much good after 1k"

Thinking more on it, I doubt a person could get a SOLO yote, deer, pronghorn past 1k-1200 yard (Maybe if it stood still for 10 minutes). But a group, now i can see that.

Just from my time driving around and ranging everything I could find I came to one conclusion, other than I like this unit (>$300 shipped, TAKE MY MONEY). I figured out that past the instant zap range. Nothing is guaranteed. If i cant range something at 1500 yards from a clear view on spot A, that doesnt mean i cant if i move to a different angle.

One of the downsides to this unit on a bright day, in the sun/snow is that its REALLY hard to see the overlay, regardless of the setting.

*If you want me to put this in a fuller review, its own thread, I can do that. Here's some pictures.*

Attachments

• IMG_20180311_125959316_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20180311_125959316_HDR.jpg
    215.7 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_20180311_121056938_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20180311_121056938_HDR.jpg
    592.5 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_20180311_120438233.jpg
    IMG_20180311_120438233.jpg
    298 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_20180311_121156069_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20180311_121156069_HDR.jpg
    281 KB · Views: 84
Nik, I don't think you will have any issues shooting or ranging, 1 MOA at 1400 is 14.658", Someone here was ranging 12" targets at 1300yds and scoring 1st round hits as well, If my Truck was on the road I'd go and try it my self,

That CB aerial I ranged was only 1/4" across at the Tip where I was aiming at 230yds so doing the maths it should be able to range a targets that measures 1.5217" at 1400yds under the right conditions, But I have ranged some small things at crazy ranges things that I never though possible, Unlike the other Bushnell models the ConX does have quite a small beam so it has that in it's favour.

Good Luck with the future lessons etc.

John.

Yeah.... I couldnt range a giant ass windmill past 1200-1300 with a tripod. Tried one at 1500-1600 yards for 5 minutes and could never get it... There's no guarantees with a RF.

So I went out for a few hours today. After hiking a couple miles and not getting to see too far I decided to take a drive. I've got a few pictures and thought about posting a review in its own thread, or I could just throw it all in here.

Bottom Line, I wasn't able to get a reading past 1550 yards. That was on a steel building. The longest I was able to get on a giant windmill was 1200 ish.. I'm thinking they have a non-reflective coating on them to some degree.

As I was coming home I hit up a couple 1 mile fields. I could range a small pine at 1253, but couldnt get a giant ALONE maple a couple hundred yards behind this. I figured that it wasnt going to happen and drove forward. I found a new opening and hit the maple again and was able to get 1483, at the base. I was pretty impressed with that. Up to that point I thought " Nah, this thing isnt much good after 1k"

Thinking more on it, I doubt a person could get a SOLO yote, deer, pronghorn past 1k-1200 yard (Maybe if it stood still for 10 minutes). But a group, now i can see that.

.*

Is that Snow on the ground ? if so that will cause you some loss of range on some Targets because of reflectivity and the brightness because of Ice particles in the Air between you and the Target, If you are getting trees at 1485 that is just on 600yds past what Bushnell claim on trees @ 900yds that means you are getting a 66.6% increase over what bushnell quote so in theory on a Reflective Target ( Not a Highly Reflective Target ) under the right conditions you should be able range things at around 2932yds. Is that ever going to happen I doubt it but it is possible.

Under those conditions you did your tests in even the BR2500 and the Sigs can and did have trouble as did one of the Leica's according to a review I read last week, That brings me back to what that Military Instructor posted today where he said that even LRF's that cost half a million Dollars can and do still have trouble ranging in certain conditions. Take your LRF out when the Animals are just walking around early morning before they bed down and before sun up and early evening after sundown then you are going to see even better results,

As for ranging the pronghorn all I can say is that video is proof of that and as for the Guy ranging the Coyote all I can do is take him at his word because I am not about to call the man a liar, Yes that is one heck of a distance but I have also ranged some odd things at wild ranges to so I believe him.

Anyways mate well done for giving it a go and thanks for the pics,

John.

Last edited:

Just from my time driving around and ranging everything I could find I came to one conclusion, other than I like this unit (>$300 shipped, TAKE MY MONEY). I figured out that past the instant zap range. Nothing is guaranteed. If i cant range something at 1500 yards from a clear view on spot A, that doesnt mean i cant if i move to a different angle.

One of the downsides to this unit on a bright day, in the sun/snow is that its REALLY hard to see the overlay, regardless of the setting.

Excellent information...really appreciate it.

I have been really excited to order an new TerrapinX but based on what I am seeing with my ConX and with other reviewers' inputs, I will wait until some early adopters purchase and report. At any rate for what I paid for the ConX, it isn't going to get sold even if I buy a Terrapin

Well, I waited to long on the $299 deal at Brownells and they are out. If you see it cheap somewhere else, post it up.

Quick question for you Conx users. Are you all linking this with the Kestrel Elite or Sportsman? If so, have you experienced the unit timing out? At the range on Sat. I connected the unit to the Kestrel. After five or ten min. they would lose connection/disconnect. Anyone have a solution for this?

Brexit and you guys let too many terrorists in. Germany and France should be restricted too
Well I can't post my views about that not without a heap of legal crap, But I think you know my views on the whole shit fight. But if they leave me alone I will leave them alone, Lol.

Quick question for you Conx users. Are you all linking this with the Kestrel Elite or Sportsman? If so, have you experienced the unit timing out? At the range on Sat. I connected the unit to the Kestrel. After five or ten min. they would lose connection/disconnect. Anyone have a solution for this?
Yes, It is supposed to do that to preserve battery life, and the moment you hit the range button it should reconnect, That is how it is meant to function. The ConX shuts down after 30 seconds, but hit the range button briefly and it all wakes up again.

hope that helps.

John.

Reactions: outwestrider
Yes, It is supposed to do that to preserve battery life, and the moment you hit the range button it should reconnect, That is how it is meant to function. The ConX shuts down after 30 seconds, but hit the range button briefly and it all wakes up again.

hope that helps.

John.
^^^exactly

Thanks, I'm having trouble reconnecting afterwards. So I end up having to laze the target several times.

Thanks, I'm having trouble reconnecting afterwards. So I end up having to laze the target several times.
Well try shutting off the BT on both of them and wake up the ConX and then switch on the BT on the kestrel, One thing to try first is to reset the kestrels BT so it does not know the ConX and then relink/re pair both of them and try it now and let the ConX time out and after 30 seconds hit the Range button and see if they reconnect, Ok.

hope that helps.

John.

You Guys with the ConX or the ConX Combo should get in touch with Kestrel and see if they are still going to sell the Mystery Ranch Coyote/Dark Earth molle Pouch for these gizmo's, I got my optics people to import one from the US and it is really great and very heavily padded with a pocket for the ConX and one for the Kestrel and another pocket where you can stuff a small calculator or a slope doper etc, It's a great product and worth having because it has a really great lid with Velcro and a catch to make sure nothing falls out. I think they were about 50 or 60 bucks when I got mine.

John.

There's a seller that I found on ebay with a $299.99 deal on the Conx. I called, and they can send an invoice with the requirements spelled out on the Bushnell rebate form. It's called "Molly's Place." I've never done business with them before, but they have good feedback.

There were three when I got mine, now they're down to one.

Bob

There's a seller that I found on ebay with a $299.99 deal on the Conx. I called, and they can send an invoice with the requirements spelled out on the Bushnell rebate form. It's called "Molly's Place." I've never done business with them before, but they have good feedback.

There were three when I got mine, now they're down to one.

Bob
Use code LDD when checking out at Brownell’s for 10.00 off.

This week I found another 2 companies/ mags have Awarded the ConX Rangefinder of the Year Award.

What's the overall consensus on the ConX ARC? Prices are extremely attractive. Main use would be ranging steel to collect accurate DOPE out to 1,400'ish.

What's the overall consensus on the ConX ARC? Prices are extremely attractive. Main use would be ranging steel to collect accurate DOPE out to 1,400'ish.
mine's been great with the minimal use so far. ranging matches known distance and google maps distances

for the $210 i paid after rebate (approved today) i don't know of anything else that comes remotely close

Well a lot of folks like LRF's that range way past what their rifles can shoot but the ConX can keep pace with a 300 WinMag I have ranged the Tip of a CB aerial at 229/230yds and I have ranged 1mil X 0.7mil Steel at 1677yds and sheep 881 and close to 1400yds in very hazy conditions and I have used it in very thick Fog and Snow, Hold it steady and it will range what ever you aim at, and it can be used so many ways, from the Hunting drop charts to hooking up to a Kestrel with an accuracy of about 0.03 to 0.01mils, So the limits are set by the user not the ConX.

Just saw Brownells discontinued selling the Bushnell Elite Conx 1 mile.
No word from Bushnell and it is still on their site and many others, Most likely Brownells are not making enough profit because of the huge price drop Brownells is just one store every other company still has them in stock so they have most likely stocked another brand like the new Nikon's, bottom line it's all about profit and they have to go where the money is, But a few of the other brands have had their fair share of issues and there is new models coming out all the time.

Reactions: CopenhagenRealTree
Not sure if it’s the “best“ deal - but I ordered the Conx / Kestrel Sportsman pkg from Cabelas tonight for $799 - it says the 30% rebate applies - so will be about $560 for the pkg - once rebate comes in - does seem like a very good deal (best?) if you are looking at this ...

Reactions: MilDot1960
Wish I could buy them at that price, I paid $709.00 just for the ConX and someone never returned my Kestrel Elite, which is going to cost me about $900 bucks here to replace it.

Well one store over here has dropped the price to $616.00 and I got the price wrong with mine I actually paid $769.93c at the current exchange rate, most shops are selling them for 769 to $926.80c