• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bushnell ConX Pricing

On the Exchange?
I’m torn between the sig 2200mr or the conx kestrel combo. I have never owned a lrf and never had a kestrel.

The Kestrel will improve your long range shooting because it factors in all the Gremlins, Lol.

In this Video the guy is getting readings beyond a Mile @ 1793 and 1798 yards, On Pronghorns where the distance changes as they walk around. That's awesome seeing as they are "Not" a reflective Target. In bright Sunlight.

The fact that the Conx can be paired with the Kestrel makes the Conx the most useful LRF on the market, there are so many choice/options on how you can use it, we all admire the terrapins and the plrfs but nothing has the options that Conx has and for that reason I don't want/need one of the others, sure it would be nice from the bragging Rites point of view to own one but the Conx always has a backup plan.

John.

Last edited:
I got one of these for 299 plus a coupon code and gift card off brownells.

I'm sending it back but I need to know wether I should exchange or just get my
Money back.

I've been exceedingly disappointed with the display. It barely focuses, so the HUD is always blurry and the reflective square that the numbers bounce off of is completely visible around the edges. Meaning I see a red shadowed square with fuzzy numbers in the center of it.

My sig2200 is infinitely more sharp and clear.

Is this display cheapness the norm or can I expect to have a good unit sent to me if I exchange? I really wanted the connectivity bonuses of this device but the display, at least on the unit I got, is a pile of shit.

Reactions: magtech
I got one of these for 299 plus a coupon code and gift card off brownells.

I'm sending it back but I need to know wether I should exchange or just get my
Money back.

I've been exceedingly disappointed with the display. It barely focuses, so the HUD is always blurry and the reflective square that the numbers bounce off of is completely visible around the edges. Meaning I see a red shadowed square with fuzzy numbers in the center of it.

My sig2200 is infinitely more sharp and clear.

Is this display cheapness the norm or can I expect to have a good unit sent to me if I exchange? I really wanted the connectivity bonuses of this device but the display, at least on the unit I got, is a pile of shit.

Have you used the Diopter focus ring because the display should be sharp, You can focus it from one extreme to another, If you have done that and it is not in focus then you have something else going one with it or it does not work with your eyes, You are the first person I have ever heard of having this issue so let us know how you get on Ok,

thanks,

John.

The conx is like I said, my “between” RF’s piece just so I can range steel at 100-500 yards until I receive my Terrapin-X. For $229 I am happy with it as a back up. Mine does not range the distances everyone seems to claim, especially on deer, horses etc.

The conx is like I said, my “between” RF’s piece just so I can range steel at 100-500 yards until I receive my Terrapin-X. For $229 I am happy with it as a back up. Mine does not range the distances everyone seems to claim, especially on deer, horses etc.
Ok well I have Zapped domestic sheep at 877 and 881 yards in bright sunlight and heavy mirage , 2 days ago I zapped the tip of a CB aerial at 230 yards and crows at 300+ and It would have got them further if they had been further away, and also zapped the corner of a green shed 60"x60" area at 1677 yards and an old stone church at 1485 yards'

hope that helps,

John.

Last edited:
Have you used the Diopter focus ring because the display should be sharp, You can focus it from one extreme to another, If you have done that and it is not in focus then you have something else going one with it or it does not work with your eyes, You are the first person I have ever heard of having this issue so let us know how you get on Ok,

thanks,

John.

I did of course. If this isn't something common I think I'll replace it and see how the next one is.

Thanks John.

Reactions: MilDot1960
I did of course. If this isn't something common I think I'll replace it and see how the next one is.

Thanks John.
Ok Cool, well send it back and get another one, like I said this is the first time I have heard of this issue, And I would not change mine for any other regardless of the make and model, Vecronix are nice but it don't do what the Conx does, I have no need to range things much beyond a mile +/-,

It might seem like fun ranging and shooting at those mega distances but then you have got to go and clean it and then bring it all the way back up hill over dale,

I knew there was a reason we like this sport, Lol.

John.

Last edited:
What are the shortcomings of the ConX realistically? I’ll be shooting 1k yds or less. I shoot steel 90 percent of the time. I plan to do a pronghorn hunt down the road and don’t want something that will be outdated in a year. I have no problem spending up front but I’m also not a hardcore ELR shooter who needs the best of the best. I don’t have access to these items locally and very few I know have these types of items. I’m taking your opinions

What are the shortcomings of the ConX realistically? I’ll be shooting 1k yds or less. I shoot steel 90 percent of the time. I plan to do a pronghorn hunt down the road and don’t want something that will be outdated in a year. I have no problem spending up front but I’m also not a hardcore ELR shooter who needs the best of the best. I don’t have access to these items locally and very few I know have these types of items. I’m taking your opinions
Well it is a good solid RF and from a hunting and tactical point of view it is brilliant, Out of all LRF's between 1 to 2k I think it takes some beating and at ranging it is as good as any other LRF that can range out to a Mile , In that video I posted they were hitting pronghorn at 1798yds in bright sunlight, If money was no problem I would still own the Conx, and I would buy a Vectronix IV,21 or 23, just to play with, But the Conx would be my main LRF because it does it all with the bonus of connectivity, the Vectors could not replace it because it is a totally different beast, If I was in the Gulf then I would use it as a backup to the IV or 23 etc but I am not so the Conx is my main Squeeze,

To be honest the Conx can out perform 99% of shooters and it is clever because it is that good even in unskilled hands., Put in the correct info and give it to a Novice and they won't be far off the mark.

Watch this

hope that helps,

John.

Last edited:
Anyone find the best price on a combo with the kestrel elite?
I have access to Experticity as welI so I can purchase individually. I procrastinated on the 630 kestrel elite on here unfortunately. And not sure how often those pop up on here.

Ok well I have Zapped domestic sheep at 877 and 881 yards in bright sunlight and heavy mirage , 2 days ago I zapped the tip of a CB aerial at 230 yards and crows at 300+ and It would have got them further if they had been further away, and also zapped the corner of a green shed 6'x6 area at 1677 yards and an old stone church at 1485 yards'

hope that helps,

John.
Then I guess the Chinese have yet to get consistent QC into the CONX.

I am not questioning your personal results.

It is not like I am inexperienced with RF”s having owned over 20, including Vectronix, Swarovski, Leica, Zeiss, Leupold,Sig etc. It is reliable for me in good weather (not snow or rain) to 300-400 yards on soft targets like the deer around my place.

If I am careful and interpret the results I can hit steel tripod mounted out to 6-800 yards in good conditions. For $229 I am happy, but with the conditions in which I hunt both weather and distance this CONX is for me an in between Spring-summer purchase for me.

I once built a custom motorcycle and chose “Ferrari red” for the base color. It won 1st place in several shows, my son now owns it. I had a guy come up to me and tell me “I don’t like red bikes” I simply replied, “That’s why I have the title and you don’t.”

In other words, I don’t try and talk people into buying what I have or what I like.

I like helping people if they desire help; however I have never felt the need of affirmation from others as to how I live or what I own.

Anyone find the best price on a combo with the kestrel elite?
I have access to Experticity as welI so I can purchase individually. I procrastinated on the 630 kestrel elite on here unfortunately. And not sure how often those pop up on here.
I have only seen the elite combo sold direct through kestrel. Experticity only sells the sportsman combo but u can upgrade the firmware of the sportsman and it will be exact same as elite. The price right now on experticity is really good on the combo.

Then I guess the Chinese have yet to get consistent QC into the CONX.

I am not questioning your personal results.

It is not like I am inexperienced with RF”s having owned over 20, including Vectronix, Swarovski, Leica, Zeiss, Leupold,Sig etc. It is reliable for me in good weather (not snow or rain) to 300-400 yards on soft targets like the deer around my place.

If I am careful and interpret the results I can hit steel tripod mounted out to 6-800 yards in good conditions. For $229 I am happy, but with the conditions in which I hunt both weather and distance this CONX is for me an in between Spring-summer purchase for me.

I once built a custom motorcycle and chose “Ferrari red” for the base color. It won 1st place in several shows, my son now owns it. I had a guy come up to me and tell me “I don’t like red bikes” I simply replied, “That’s why I have the title and you don’t.”

In other words, I don’t try and talk people into buying what I have or what I like.

I like helping people if they desire help; however I have never felt the need of affirmation from others as to how I live or what I own.

Just as a matter of interest the ConX is made by the same people who make the Gunwerks G7BR2/BR2500. so they know what they are doing.

Well if you have owned 20 PLRF's then you are never going to be satisfied with any of them, So maybe you should return it and get a refund.

Don't take my word as fact, my posts are based on results through my testing and were all done hand held "Not" off a tripod or braced, but the Video's on YT don't lie and I have used it in quite heavy rain and in severe fog where I could not see further than 100-120 yards yet it could pick out faint shadows at around 219-230yds, I have zapped domestic sheep in heavy mirage at 877 to 881yds on a bright sunny day with the Sun above my right shoulder @ 11.30am in the morning at the same time and place I hit a dark stone Church Wall at 1485yds, and I have hit sheep at 1300yds too, and I have hit a corner of a metal shed that measures less than 1Mil at 1677yds and the other day I hit the tip of a CB aerial on a roof in the city that measures less than 1/4" @ 230yds in light rain.

It really does not effect me whether people buy it or not, I have nothing to gain and I do not work for Bushnell or any of the supporters of the Hide, so the choice is yours, But below are the results of members here that have made first round hits on 10" steel at 1k and bagging 6 Deer in 2 days at ranges over 700yds, and from a Tactical point of view the Conx is a Game changer. there are dozens of posts here about peoples success with the Conx, I have posted videos that show people ranging Pronghorn out to 1800yds ( 1798 yds ) and Deer at 1649yds etc etc, So do a search on YT and watch the Videos if you need more proof, If we lived closer I would loan you mine,

Quote by HuntingBuddy80,
What a great review. It mirrors my experience with mine. When paired with a Kestrel they are fantastic. I bought mine after using my shooting partners during the Mammoth Sniper Challenge last year. We had several unknown distance stages that being able to have our rifle data already pre loaded it was blazing fast to laze targets and get a solution. It definitely took some abuse at that match and the entire match it never got above 10 degrees and it worked flawlessly. Ive since used mine in a couple of matches and it works excellent in a hunting scenario.

Quote by BlatBlatBangBang.
I bought my Bushnell range finder off of Promotive. The mil-discount is very nice, and made it the best deal I could find on a range finder.

I haven't paired it up with a Kestrell yet. I want to get the AB Elite version eventually. However there are two very simple work arounds, that I think might be better.

I use the AB Mobile App on my phone. I take the come-up data off of that and put it into the CONX program, and then my data is spot on at distance. And it's stored in the rangefinder, So I don't need to have my phone on me, Or a Kestrel. If I can range it, I can shoot it.

The other work around is to just use the app as intended. Zero your rifle at 100 yards, and shoot it on paper out to a good distance, get good data, and then plug it into the rangefinder. No ballistic truing or altering BCs of bullets or any of that junk.

I shot 6 deer in two days in part because of the rangefinder. My time between spotting game and shooting is very good. The furthest deer was just over 700 yards.

I also used mine at Mammoth this year, which was absolutely brutal. It didn't have a single issue and it never got above 10 degrees. I was happy with it. It worked better than I did at that temp.

Quote by .30kal.
I received my CONX a few weeks ago and was initially disappointed in its ability to range over 1000 yds. Could barely get repeatable readings from houses with windows at 1100 yds. Took it to a class this weekend and had no issues ranging steel plates in bright sunlight anywhere from 500 to 1200 yds (and the ground behind). However, I could not get a reading off of a water tank and truck at what we believe was between 1600-1700 yds. So far, it seems to be good for the effective range of my 6.5 CM.

Quote by SDet.
So, a little feedback from using it at a match yesterday.

Mid day sun with terrible mirage, it'll range a 12x24" steel plate at 700, trees at more than 900.

Having your dope on your range finder is awesome. 2 moa plates to 600 or so in similar conditions.

This was mostly off hand. So far I'm happy

Quote by blbennett1288.
Pleasantly pleased with the Conx as I was able to range IPSC and 10" circles at 1k.

Quote by LRSHOOTER0311.
Thursday at 11:36 AM

I used the Bushnell Conx combo at a steel match and scored a 1,300 yrd first round hit, if that tells you anything. ALSO, I was told by a Kestrel rep that you can upgrade the software to a 5700 Elite if you need more.

Last edited:
OK so who has the best combo price right now got my tax check back and poppa needs some stuff. Cabelas has it for 799.00

It seems that all the companies running deals are on this the first two pages of this thread.

John.

Those were back in summer and into October looking to purchase one asap, the Cabelas combo is with the sportsman would prefer the 5700 elite. The group buy
ended for the kestrel on Feb 6th what a killer price Ahhh missed out on that program. Jack

Last edited:
I just checkout Kestrels site and they have the ConX (only) at 799.00$ but it says they are out of stock, and they say that they give 100 bucks OFF the combo. but that is still a bit steep.

John.

Was on kestrel website just now, noticed that the sportsman has been discontinued and they now have a new 5700...which is basically the new sportsman. However, im not sure the combo is available anymore.

Last edited:
Was on kestrel website just now, noticed that the sportsman has been discontinued and they now have a new 5700...which is basically the new sportsman. However, im not sure the combo is available anymore.
The Sportsman Conx combo may not be produced anymore (?) but they are still readily available. I happened to do a search today and saw many places to buy the Conx combo, including Bushnell on Amazon, for pretty reasonable prices.

So I'm pulling the plug on this purchase tomorrow I can get the combo for 799. From cabelas or do I get the conx for 299. From brownells an get the new ballistics from kestrel for 399. And save 100. That's the question...

So I'm pulling the plug on this purchase tomorrow I can get the combo for 799. From cabelas or do I get the conx for 299. From brownells an get the new ballistics from kestrel for 399. And save 100. That's the question...
Well you need to get the best deal you can, 100 bucks can buy a few bullets,

I could do with some reloading powder but is the sportsman that much better I'm not smacking steel at 1500 yards maybe 800 tops here on the farm and would only load 2 Rifles now.

I tested mine out while it was Snowing tonight in temps of 13.8 down to 10.8*f, it was snowing fairly well not heavy but more than enough to cover everything and Me, and I managed to range things out to 230yds which is as far as I can see on a clear day. I am happy with that,

I could do with some reloading powder but is the sportsman that much better I'm not smacking steel at 1500 yards maybe 800 tops here on the farm and would only load 2 Rifles now.
you can upgrade to elite when u need it, its only a firmaware upgrade. sporstman will get you going.

Ok I'm going with the New Kestral Ballistics and The Bushnell Conx ans saving 100.00 and upgrade in the future if I feel the need to shoot from one end of the farm to the other Thanks all Jack

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1446526350546.jpg
    FB_IMG_1446526350546.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 43
Ok I'm going with the New Kestral Ballistics and The Bushnell Conx ans saving 100.00 and upgrade in the future if I feel the need to shoot from one end of the farm to the other Thanks all Jack

This is what I have. I can always upgrade later. I haven't upgraded yet. It all depends on how far you are reaching out.

You will like this combo....a lot

Nik, Sounds you have been having fun with yours ?

John.

I am John.

I don't ever get to shoot beyond 600 yards on a regular basis. I get to shoot 1,000 every once in a while but it is a 3+ hour drive. It is accurate to 1,000 yards and very fast. I like the display. It is more stable to hold since it is horizontal. Works well with the Kestrel and I like the app.

For me it was an incredibly low entry price to a quality system (Kestrel/ConX).

I am pretty happy with it.

I am John.

I don't ever get to shoot beyond 600 yards on a regular basis. I get to shoot 1,000 every once in a while but it is a 3+ hour drive. It is accurate to 1,000 yards and very fast. I like the display. It is more stable to hold since it is horizontal. Works well with the Kestrel and I like the app.

For me it was an incredibly low entry price to a quality system (Kestrel/ConX).

I am pretty happy with it.
Cool Mate, I think it is a very multi purpose Combo, Bushnell was right to make it part of their Tactical Range because it does it all, I have ranged wild life in the hills and buildings in the city, and it has more than enough in reserve for .308win and most hunting calibres in fact I would say it is perfect for them and 6.5 or 260 etc,

I am still happy with mine even though I paid $709.00 for just the ConX and because it is way better than Bushnell said I would be happy to pay the same price again if I was going to buy another one as backup, and I still might yet.

good to see you again Nik.

John.

PS, Nik did you buy the Mystery Ranch pouch that hold the ConX and the Kestrel from Kestrel U.S.A ? It has molle fixings on the back or you can arrange then so you can put it on a belt, and it is heavily padded with Velcro and clip closures,

Cool Mate, I think it is a very multi purpose Combo, Bushnell was right to make it part of their Tactical Range because it does it all, I have ranged wild life in the hills and buildings in the city, and it has more than enough in reserve for .308win and most hunting calibres in fact I would say it is perfect for them and 6.5 or 260 etc,

I am still happy with mine even though I paid $709.00 for just the ConX and because it is way better than Bushnell said I would be happy to pay the same price again if I was going to buy another one as backup, and I still might yet.

good to see you again Nik.

John.

PS, Nik did you buy the Mystery Ranch pouch that hold the ConX and the Kestrel from Kestrel U.S.A ? It has molle fixings on the back or you can arrange then so you can put it on a belt, and it is heavily padded with Velcro and clip closures,

No I didn't. It looked nice but I have so much crap to cart out every time I go, I bought a separate large case to put the spotter, NOMAD, LRF, Tripod and head and the Kestrel. I am always amazed at how much stuff I cart out there

No I didn't. It looked nice but I have so much crap to cart out every time I go, I bought a separate large case to put the spotter, LRF, Tripod and head and the Kestrel. I am always amazed at how much stuff I cart out there
Yeah I hear ya, I started using a Hazard 4 Coyote coloured range bag, I did have a 5:11 version but it was big and I had the bad habit of put things that I did not need in there, So to keep it in prospective I went with the Hazard 4 and life is good.

Yeah I hear ya, I started using a Hazard 4 Coyote coloured range bag, I did have a 5:11 version but it was big and I had the bad habit of put things that I did not need in there, So to keep it in prospective I went with the Hazard 4 and life is good.
LOL

Gunslinger II - Tools, Bags, Cleaning Tools
5.11 Range Bag - Spotter, Kestrel, NOMAD, LRF, Tripod, MSA Muffs, Batteries, Ammo
Eberlestock Drag Bag - Rifle, Bipod, Data Books
Crosstac Mat

Takes me 45 minutes to setup.....Cracks me up

Reactions: GhostFace
LOL

Gunslinger II - Tools, Bags, Cleaning Tools
5.11 Range Bag - Spotter, Kestrel, NOMAD, LRF, Tripod, MSA Muffs, Batteries, Ammo
Eberlestock Drag Bag - Rifle, Bipod
Crosstac Mat

Takes me 45 minutes to setup.....Cracks me up
Struth, sounds like your moving house, that's what I was doing and by time others had left to go home I was still packing up, lol.

John.

Reactions: Nik H
I just picked up a ConX and the focus/Diopter on it is pretty crappy( but it is smooth, i'll give it that). I like the rest of the unit, but trying to focus it either makes the reticle off or the picture. Its not off a ton, but just enough to be fairly annoying. As the other user stated above; the focus never truly on. Its something i'll just live with as the rest of the unit works well. I like being able to range trees offhand at 990 yards.

Above, there wasa video review where a user was 'ranging' pronghorns at 1760 yards. Yeah...NO. I dont see that ever happening with this unit. Maybe the pronghorns walked in front of a giant mirror at that range and he ranged that,lol. As for an all around 1k Rangefinder, with Ballistics, I love it... AND it was less than 300 shipped... Even if i had a $2k RF i'd still keep this guy as a backup.

I just picked up a ConX and the focus/Diopter on it is pretty crappy( but it is smooth, i'll give it that). I like the rest of the unit, but trying to focus it either makes the reticle off or the picture. Its not off a ton, but just enough to be fairly annoying. As the other user stated above; the focus never truly on. Its something i'll just live with as the rest of the unit works well. I like being able to range trees offhand at 990 yards.

Above, there wasa video review where a user was 'ranging' pronghorns at 1760 yards. Yeah...NO. I dont see that ever happening with this unit. Maybe the pronghorns walked in front of a giant mirror at that range and he ranged that,lol. As for an all around 1k Rangefinder, with Ballistics, I love it... AND it was less than 300 shipped... Even if i had a $2k RF i'd still keep this guy as a backup.
The dioptre only focusses the screen, but you have to adjust it very gently because it has a fast ratio, When you focus it when it is right you will see a bead along the top of the rifle in the display, my eyes a crap but I can see it clear as day So maybe it is meant for ol farts like me, Lol.

The more you use it the better your results will be, Someone here got one last week and they were ranging cows at 1000 and 1700yds so it can do it, I have zapped domestic sheep well over 1300yds + so have faith.

Like you I think this is a keeper no matter what comes out, I like the new Terrapin and the Vector 23 but there is something really good going on with the ConX and it is my favourite piece of kit, If I had the cash I am not so sure I would buy one of the others as a replacement, For very extreme range maybe but not as my Go To LRF, It's just a real good unit.

Good Luck and have fun.

John.

Once al the bugs are worked out if the new terrapin I’ll buy it and my conx will be my backup. But my golden rule is never buy the latest and greatest when it first comes out.

Once al the bugs are worked out if the new terrapin I’ll buy it and my conx will be my backup. But my golden rule is never buy the latest and greatest when it first comes out.
Yeah again the US Gov has ITAR restricted them so the Terrapin won't be sold over here, I don't know why when it is an Allied country and Vectronix is a Swiss company. more stupid BS'ing but thems the breaks aye.

john.

Yeah again the US Gov has ITAR restricted them so the Terrapin won't be sold over here, I don't know why when it is an Allied country and Vectronix is a Swiss company. more stupid BS'ing but thems the breaks aye.

john.
Brexit and you guys let too many terrorists in. Germany and France should be restricted too

I just seen on another forum that someone was Zapping Coyotes in the Snow with his ConX at 1416yds, That's pretty awesome for such a small target,

He must have gotten a better one than I. Maybe he is more persistent. Lately, if I can't range it after 3 rounds of trying I give up..... But I'm not hunting and dedicated to getting that range. That changes everything I guess

He must have gotten a better one than I. Maybe he is more persistent. Lately, if I can't range it after 3 rounds of trying I give up..... But I'm not hunting and dedicated to getting that range. That changes everything I guess
Either you have a unit that is not set up right or it is how you are using it, So for peace of mind why don't you return it and either get a new one or a refund?

I posted that video and the fact is he is ranging pronghorns at 1798yds and the video clearly shows him doing that yet you call foul and again with that Guy who is zapping Coyotes at over 1400yds, There are people here on this forum that are scoring first round hits at 1k out to 1300yds because of the ConX, I have hand held and ranged targets 1/4" wide at 230yds and targets that measure 1mil X 0.7mils at 1677yds,

Yours is only the 2nd ConX that I have heard of with an Issue So why not return it and give them the chance to put it right ? It does no one any good by putting up with it leased of all give you value for money.

Just as a side Note, A Military Instructor has just posted that even Rangefinders that cost over $500k also suffer from atmospherics and do not range correctly even though they are supposed to range out as far as 20kms+ So it just goes to show that none of them are fool proof, And due to the lack of time I have only managed to get mine to range 95.28%+ of it's rated distance which is 1677yds out of it's rated 1760yds.

I hope this helps but I think you deserve better so give it some thought,

John.

I'm not saying they are wrong, just that my results are different. I would rather put the time in to see if I can mimic those results over time and then report back here saying " Hey I was doing X and it didnt work, if others have this issue try Y" I could give up and return it, but I dont feel I would learn as much through giving up that easy.

Its a windless day, sunny day. Finally! I'll see what I can do this afternoon.

I'm not saying they are wrong, just that my results are different. I would rather put the time in to see if I can mimic those results over time and then report back here saying " Hey I was doing X and it didnt work, if others have this issue try Y" I could give up and return it, but I dont feel I would learn as much through giving up that easy.

Its a windless day, sunny day. Finally! I'll see what I can do this afternoon.
Well I am here all day so if I can help just call (y)

Also give it a go off a tripod because I have not had a chance to test it on one and it would be good to see how you fare ?

I use to use a vertical LRF and when I first got this one it did take me about 2 or 3 days to get use to ranging with it, I must of picked up too many bad habits or I was just lousy at aiming the thing, lol. But like a rifle you must aim it like you would the most accurate rifle in the world because it travels a 1000s of times faster than a bullet so you need to be much more precise because it travels at the speed of light not 3000fps.

good luck,

John.

Well I am here all day so if I can help just call (y)

Also give it a go off a tripod because I have not had a chance to test it on one and it would be good to see how you fare ?

I use to use a vertical LRF and when I first got this one it did take me about 2 or 3 days to get use to ranging with it, I must of picked up too many bad habits or I was just lousy at aiming the thing, lol. But like a rifle you must aim it like you would the most accurate rifle in the world because it travels a 1000s of times faster than a bullet so you need to be much more precise because it travels at the speed of light not 3000fps.

good luck,

John.

It is much better off a tripod. My best results are 1 MOA plates at 1000 yards. Plates are reflective. On the tripod, it was no issue. Off the tripod, it took longer to get a return. I am taking a class this summer where we will shoot to 1,400 yards so I will be interested to see how it does at that distance