• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Bushnell elite 3200

Kawiguy

Private
Minuteman
Nov 4, 2013
I have an elite 3200 4-12x40 AO. I have had it for quite some time, and I can't say I really like it. I have read lots of reviews and everyone says they are decent.

I have other scopes, sightron, Nikon, vortex, leupold. I have a bushnell legend and I think the image is better than the elite.

I bought a cheap savage rifle package with a weaver scope 3-9x40. I was sighting it in at 100 yards. I could make out bullet holes plane as day with the weaver. Switched over to my .204 ruger with the bushnell elite and I could not make out anything on the target, on 12 power no less

Just wondering if I could get others thoughts. I payed more for this scope than I did for the rifle package and it is terrible. Scope seemed ok in the store when I bought it. Reviews all seem good, so I am thinking there must be something wrong with it. I have heard long waits for bushnell warranty. Thought I would get a few opinions before I send it off

Did you adjust the ocular eyepiece to focus the reticle to your eye?
Are you setting the AO for parallax correction at the distance to your target?

These are adjustment that need to be addressed. The former ocular focus is 'set it and forget it'. The latter parallax adjustment needs tuned to any change in target distance...

I have adjusted the ocular many times. At the sky, blank object, white wall, distant object. Nothing seems to make a difference. I adjust all my other scopes and they are fine. My vortex and sightron have side parallax and they adjust fine.

For a long time I just thought this was just the way it was. After a $90 weaver put it to shame I figured there must be more to it

I have been shooting for a longtime with scopes. I have a sightron siii 8-32x56 and a vortex viper. I also have a bushnell legend that I have not used much yet, but it has a way better image

Just kind of supprised because I can't find anybody who has a bad word for them.

I have one on a hunting rifle, very bright, excellent in low light conditions. I bought several other bushnell optics cause of this one scope.

I am seriously thinking mine is flawed. I couldn't make out 7mm holes in plane white paper at 100 yards. Set it on 9 power. Cranked up to 12x. Adjusted ocular. Cranked parallax from low to high, no good. Got back on the weaver at 9x. Every bullet hole clear and crisp. Scope new didn't adjust anything

Think I am going to go see a out sending it in for warranty

Thanks guys

Yeah, use that lifetime warranty, sounds like somethings up! All mine are crystal clear, just as good of glass as my MK4.