• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Bushnell Elite 6500 or Mk 4???

tacgnut

Sergeant
Minuteman
I went back as far as I could go on the search function but I couldn't find much info about the 6500s. I am looking at either the 6500 2.5-15X MD(I think) or the Leupold 4.5-14X Mark 4 with TMR reticle.
I'm not opposed to spending the $$ for the more Luppy, but if I can save, that just means more $$ for reloading components.

Re: Bushnell Elite 6500 or Mk 4???

I would go Bushnell way before Leupold sees a penny of my money.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: strangedays</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am on a boycott of Leupold crap china scopes! Buy a falcon or Sightron! </div></div>

MK4s are not made in china.

There is nothing wrong with the 2.5-16 Bushy. I have a 6.5-20 and 8.5-25 Leupy MK4 and they work great. I prefer the L but the Bushy will work just fine and save some coin.

You will still need a 20 MOA base with either one if you plan on going to 1000yds.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dmg308</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: strangedays</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am on a boycott of Leupold crap china scopes! Buy a falcon or Sightron! </div></div>

MK4s are not made in china. </div></div>
I still think Leuupolds are crap! and prove that the MK4s are not!

I have both, the Bushnell is brighter but the Leupold has better clarity. I have the 6500 Tactical and really like the knobs on it they are very crisp clicks. If I had to choose one if money was not a consideration I would likely choose the Leupold for the clarity. But if money is an issue the Bushnell is the best buy by far.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: strangedays</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dmg308</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: strangedays</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am on a boycott of Leupold crap china scopes! Buy a falcon or Sightron! </div></div>

I still think Leuupolds are crap! and prove that the MK4s are not! </div></div>

Your entitled to your opinion but atleast know the truth misinformation helps no one.Right from the site and its been brought up here a few times.By the way I'm not a huge leupold fan either they dropped the ball long ago.

"Leupold & Stevens is a fifth generation, family owned company that has been in business for 102 years and employs over 600 American workers. All Leupold Golden Ring® Riflescopes are designed, machined, assembled, and tested in Leupold’s state of the art manufacturing facility in Beaverton, Oregon, USA. Leupold uses over one million pounds of aluminum, amounting to over 100 miles of extrusion, in its facility every year and has the largest installation of Index Turning Centers West of the Mississippi River. The current average tenure of Leupold’s all-American workforce is approximately eleven years, with the longest tenured employees being on staff for over four decades."

http://www.leupold.com/leupoldtv/video-library/factory-tour-inside-look/

Awful lot of machinery for not making anything in the USA.

From a dealer's perspective, I'd have to say Mark 4. Practically every one I sell has made for a happy owner, while the Bushnell 6500 is my #2 returned scope for this year.

I'm aware of the issues from both companies. While Lupy and its reps really suck at SHOT, during day to day operations they more often than not get the job done. Bushnell looks really good at SHOT, but their day to day service and operations leave much to be desired, IMO.

Just thought I'd chime in.

Scott

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dmg308</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: strangedays</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am on a boycott of Leupold crap china scopes! Buy a falcon or Sightron! </div></div>

The fake ones are

I would go with leupold.I agree with Scott(liberty optics)leupolds, no matter what you think of the company,get the job done day in day out and you can always count on them performing their job and doing it well. Bushnell on the other hand cant seem to get consistency in their quality. They make some nice optics ,but it seems to be hit or miss with them.

I'd prolly go the Sightron SIII route 6-24x50 mildot. or, spend a lil more dough and buy a nightforce.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hunter223</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd prolly go the Sightron SIII route 6-24x50 mildot. or, spend a lil more dough and buy a nightforce. </div></div>
Smart man! I own Sightron SIIIs, Leupold Mark 4s, Nightforce NXS, even a leupold rifleman plus more but in his price range I figured keep it on the lower side. I think Nightforce has the best glass then Sightron then Leupold. And at least Leupold is helping keep some americans employed! Thanks for all the info guys!

I just got the Bushnell 6500 2.5-16x42 mildot. Very pleased with it. I've only had it a couple of months but no complaints yet.

ANDY

Thanks for all the feedback!

I've yet to handle one of the Sightrons, they sound like an option, although I'm not really looking for that much Xs.

Any opinions on the Nikon Tacticals?

I'm not a biased buyer when it comes to scopes and have always thought of Leupolds to be a better than average scope. What are the main complaints with them? from what I gather, the MK 4s are made here in the US and that the government uses them-that can't be all bad.
Also given some thought to the Premier scopes, they look like the cats ass. Only drawback (to me) is the weight, 38 ozs. Although I don't see myself dragging the rifle over hill and dale, weight is of some concern.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LibertyOptics</div><div class="ubbcode-body">From a dealer's perspective, I'd have to say Mark 4. Practically every one I sell has made for a happy owner, while the Bushnell 6500 is my #2 returned scope for this year.

I'm aware of the issues from both companies. While Lupy and its reps really suck at SHOT, during day to day operations they more often than not get the job done. Bushnell looks really good at SHOT, but their day to day service and operations leave much to be desired, IMO.

Just thought I'd chime in.

Scott </div></div>

This is the only reason I'm leery about pulling the trigger on a Bushnell tactical 2.5x16 scope, I value quality customer service and if the scope has problems want it taken care of ricky tick & not having issues with customer service....

Still think I might get the scope as I like the options and while it's a over my budget it appears to be the best bang for my buck....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">All Leupold <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #FF6666">Golden Ring®</span></span> Riflescopes are designed, machined, assembled, and tested in Leupold’s state of the art manufacturing facility in Beaverton, Oregon, USA.</div></div>

I think that leupold is using a bit of deception in that disclaimer. Tac scopes are not gold ring, at least as far as I know.
I'd go with the Sightron also, in fact, I have, three times. All still working great. I'd love to have the upgraded version SIII, but I'll still settle for my older SII's over a leupy.
wink.gif

I'll give you my opinion as I have both.Leupold is nice, clear glass,sharp image, good color resolution.Nothing really to fault except maybe price.The Bushy 6500 is AS good, though I think higher magnification image is not quite as sharp as the Loopy but VERY close.It's cheaper....and I think overall the winner by a slight margin.Has really nice turrets by the way.