• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Bushnell Fusion 1600 ARC in stock!

Re: Bushnell Fusion 1600 ARC in stock!

I know where number 19 went..... I am looking forward to trying it out! I will post my findings once I get a good review of it.

Hi guys

Got my Fusion 1600 ARC a few days ago, and have been doing some comparisons between the Bushnell and my Leica 1200 as well as my Nikon Monarch 10x42 binoculars.

It is very difficult to rate rangefinders in absolute terms based on how far they range, as this is heavily influenced by environmental issues such as UV and general brightness of sunlight at the time of the test, as well as the reflective properties of the object being ranged. Having said that, my preliminary conclusion is that the Bushnell's laser rangefinder is definitely more powerful than the Leica 1200. As I moved beyond 600-700 yards my Leica started missing ranges on trees and bushes on a bright day whereas the Bushnell continued to give consistent readings. I pretty much got reasonably consistent readings from the Bushnell up to about 900 yards from general brush and trees - the Leica would not range these at all - not even once. How much further than the Leica can the Bushnell generally range? I will leave that to Hide members with scientific testing approaches! My guess is about 20% further.

In term of optical quality, many people have compared the Bushnell to the Leica Geovid's of the world - that's not really fair if you look at the price difference. I decided to compare the Bushnell to my Nikon Monarch 12x42 - arguably one of the best $250 binocs you can buy. In terms of my quick comparison the clarity and brightness were pretty similar - the resolution also seemed comparable. The Bushnell image had a slight green tint compared to the Nikon though - the Nikon image has a reasonably neutral coloured to slightly warm tint.

Is it worth it for me? Hell yeah - I get improved laser performance compared to my Leica 1200 and optical performance on par with the Nikon Monarch binocs for less than the combined price of $850 for the two separately. In addition to the line of sight distance, it also gives a very accurate shooting angle measurement from the built-in inclinometer which I can use with my ballistic tables. Very smart indeed. So far I'm very happy with my purchase.

Cheers
Jaco

Sounds like a good review!

Here are the pictures I took of it when I got to play with one:

4297405052_2cd9b45ca3_b.jpg

4297404520_f43c8aca7e_b.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JvT_404</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hi guys

Got my Fusion 1600 ARC a few days ago, and have been doing some comparisons between the Bushnell and my Leica 1200 as well as my Nikon Monarch 10x42 binoculars.

It is very difficult to rate rangefinders in absolute terms based on how far they range, as this is heavily influenced by environmental issues such as UV and general brightness of sunlight at the time of the test, as well as the reflective properties of the object being ranged. Having said that, my preliminary conclusion is that the Bushnell's laser rangefinder is definitely more powerful than the Leica 1200. As I moved beyond 600-700 yards my Leica started missing ranges on trees and bushes on a bright day whereas the Bushnell continued to give consistent readings. I pretty much got reasonably consistent readings from the Bushnell up to about 900 yards from general brush and trees - the Leica would not range these at all - not even once. How much further than the Leica can the Bushnell generally range? I will leave that to Hide members with scientific testing approaches! My guess is about 20% further.

In term of optical quality, many people have compared the Bushnell to the Leica Geovid's of the world - that's not really fair if you look at the price difference. I decided to compare the Bushnell to my Nikon Monarch 12x42 - arguably one of the best $250 binocs you can buy. In terms of my quick comparison the clarity and brightness were pretty similar - the resolution also seemed comparable. The Bushnell image had a slight green tint compared to the Nikon though - the Nikon image has a reasonably neutral coloured to slightly warm tint.

Is it worth it for me? Hell yeah - I get improved laser performance compared to my Leica 1200 and optical performance on par with the Nikon Monarch binocs for less than the combined price of $850 for the two separately. In addition to the line of sight distance, it also gives a very accurate shooting angle measurement from the built-in inclinometer which I can use with my ballistic tables. Very smart indeed. So far I'm very happy with my purchase.

Cheers
Jaco </div></div>

This is what I like to see. Thanks for posting that here. Maybe Bushnell has a winner here.

Scott

Scott,
Do you know what the glass in these is based off....is this supposed to be Bushnell Elite glass in these Fusion 1600 Binos?
Thanks,
Chad

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wegner426</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Scott,
Do you know what the glass in these is based off....is this supposed to be Bushnell Elite glass in these Fusion 1600 Binos?
Thanks,
Chad </div></div>

Not sure. the glass has a slight greenish tint, which no Bushnell bino has....

any new info on these? How are they holding up? Really interested in picking up a pair in the near future...

I picked up a pair of these and the optics are pretty good. I haven't had a chance to take the RF out far yet but the brush, bullseye, and scan mode work excellent and quickly. As stated, they do have a tint to them but them seem to be more of a blue tint in mine. They feel pretty rugged and they have some weight to them but it's not uncomfortable. You'll get better optics out of a pair of Geovid's or Swaro's, but honestly, I think for everything you're getting in the Bushnell's, you can't really beat the price.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LibertyOptics</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wegner426</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Scott,
Thanks,
Chad </div></div>

Not sure. the glass has a slight greenish tint, which no Bushnell bino has.... </div></div>

I am just hypothesizing here, but since there is a built-in rangefinder, I suspect that there is an IR cut filter incorporated somewhere in the eyepiece(s) of the binocular to make sure that none of the IR laser light bounces back into your eye. A lot of the commercially available IR cut filters encroach onto the red part of the visible spectrum in varying degrees. If you take away some red, the image will start looking a bit blue-green.

ILya

Went and tried the glasses up in the hills of West Virginia. I was getting readings on trees out to 1350 consistently and reflective past 1850 consistently. This was also in less than ideal conditions. Sun was pretty bright (but not directly overhead, it was mid-morning) without a cloud in the sky. The readings pick up quickly, whether you're in brush, bullseye, or scan mode. Again, optics are pretty good, they're clear through-out, but they do have a blueish (some have a greenish) tint to them. They are clear though. Very very happy with them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LibertyOptics</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for the feedback. Now, if we could only sell a few LOL/

Scott </div></div>

How much? I'm in the market and was looking at getting a Bushnell 1200 but if these are as awesome as the reviews say...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LibertyOptics</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hiders,
Don't PM me for the Hide price, <span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">just go to our website </span></span>and you'll get it automatically.

Thanks,

Scott </div></div>

can this be mounted on a tripod?
Im thinking of updating my leica 900 and was looking at this, the Swaro or crf 1500. looks good as its the only one that can duplicate for a bino if its up to scratch as you have described.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jon Lester</div><div class="ubbcode-body">internet idiot, I cant get the price from the site. </div></div>

Our site? Can I help you?

Scott