• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Bushnell HDMR updated with H59

Re: Bushnell HDMR updated with H59

Not counting the Horus reticle, Is this really a $1600 scope? I wish I would have got in on the promotional H58's but missed out and called today to find out the LEO discount pricing is only 10%. That puts this in Razor price range.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kujo929</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not counting the Horus reticle, Is this really a $1600 scope? I wish I would have got in on the promotional H58's but missed out and called today to find out the LEO discount pricing is only 10%. That puts this in Razor price range. </div></div>

Some of it's preference....
I like mine....alot better than I did the Razor I had for a short while.....or the SS 5-20.....or some others, but again it's preference...

Thanks, by the time I'm able to get the extra money together maybe I'll come across one of these to check out in person.

does anyone with the H59 see it as an advantage when compared to the Gap G2 Horus reticle? I'm looking to buy my first Horus and have never had a chance to run one through it's paces. If I'm not mistaken the G2 provides the advantages of the grid with slightly less clutter. Am I missing any benefits of the H59 over the G2?

Everyones taste differs.

I started out with FFP using Horus reticles so I got used to them and have always enjoyed them.Most people don't like a busy grid style reticle so the G2 would be preferred.

I've been out 4 times now using the H-59 both dialing and holding over.It's definitely my favorite reticle.

I owned to H58s not a whole lot different then the H59 and although the were nice....I fall into the the group that finds them a little too busy. and unless you are way off on your windage adjustments and can see the hit for quick adjustment, i really don't see the advantage of the the reticle over your standard milran which is less clttered and allows you the same advantages. Just my opinion.

Are you guys able to use medium height Seekins rings with these? Just curious if the compactness of the scope will require higher rings. (for a 700 w/seekins base)

I think the G2 is a refined H59. perhaps what H60 should be. Both are good. if I had the option, I'd probably get Horus because of the military bias. but that's just me. the G2 is better refined