• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Bushnell HDMR updated with H59

taseal

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 18, 2011
SE FL
Just got the H59 for the HDMR. I like it more than the H58. I like the center dot intead of the crosshair style, and the crosshair looking thing uptop was taken out, making it bit more clean above the horizontal line.

they also extended the lower horizontal lines for extra drift (added 1 mil)

I'm pretty happy with the H59 compared to the H58.

Made this pic for you guys.

please remember I'm not a good photo taker of reticles and did my best, so don't judge that H58's picture for scope's optical clarity
smile.gif
just use it as reference for reticle.

unledbx.png

Re: Bushnell HDMR updated with H59

How did you get the H59 in the HDMR? Really like that reticle.

Thanks,

Al

Thanks for pic!

I would of prefered a floating dot in the middle about .05 mil wide with the .2 mil lines removed but this will work.

Man if Bushnell/Horus would make these things with 10 mill knobs,illumination and zs I'd be all over it.

Steve123...that's not as far away as you might think. Probably late next year.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Grendel 6.5</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Steve123...that's not as far away as you might think. Probably late next year.</div></div>

You guys at bushnell never cease to amaze me, you have been absolutely great listening to what the end users actually need/want.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steve123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for pic!

I would of prefered a floating dot in the middle about .05 mil wide with the .2 mil lines removed but this will work.

Man if Bushnell/Horus would make these things with 10 mill knobs,illumination and zs I'd be all over it.

</div></div>

there is a floating dot. it's just hard to see in the picture

a better pic of it, still hard to see, but it's there!

h59dot.png

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cuban Croc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How did you get the H59 in the HDMR? Really like that reticle.

Thanks,

Al </div></div>

yeah - how did you get the h59? good question

Japan Optics. You can look up their website. The Horus scopes are from their Majesty line with Horus reticles installed.

I have
wink.gif
Very nice design and will be a great combo with this scope.

Me To! After being around these scopes for a while, my thoughts on the product have risen DRASTICALY! I think I will have more.

Just saw the G2 reticle. Very nice... Looks like a h58 that went on a diet.

But I'm keeping my Horus
smile.gif

i gotta send mine back in... speck got on the inside lens after about 40 rounds of 308 shooting. You can't see it if zoomed past 5 1/2 power. So I called bushnell, they'll take care of me! Maybe i'll even get a replacement with the new h59?? wishful thinking i guess. So best guess after tomorrow, i'll have it back around 3 weeks.

Just food for thought...

Talked to 2 snipers today (army) one was a sniper inst in AZ from 08-10. He is now a ranger school cadre. Coolest guy ever. Were gonna go shootin' when he comes down to his hometown which is by me.

Both love the Horus. One of them actually bought a NF with H58 for his personal rifle.

The inst was saying that when you get used to the Horus, it's hard to go back. You get spoiled... He also told me they don't see them often overseas, but they use them in competitions a lot. He said he used the H27 more, but prefers h58

I know a lot of people talk snit about these reticules, but im just telling you what these 2 snipers said...

That's how I feel about Horus reticles.There's only a few rifles/scopes I own that I wouldn't want to use a Horus reticle with but for the rest I hope to solve that problem as soon as possible.

The NF SFP and a Razor sold so I'll be ordering a HDMR with the H-59 to try by end of the week.!No more dialing down .5 and over .5 to use the little .04 mil dot(preference)for super precision shots,Yay.

I do have a F1 with a H-58.I can vouch that it's awesome,about 2800 bucks though,ouch!The H-59 in the F1 would be more awesome!

When Bushnell comes out with the 10 mil knobs on the HDMR there's going to be about 5 more scopes for sale here on the hide.

I was just notified that my replacement scope will be an H59 as they only made a limited number with the h58. Thanks Bushnell!

Good for you bro! You're gonna love the h59. It feels neater at the crosshairs

Anyone get the HDMR with the Tremor2 instead of the H59? Any dislikes?

Got mine today.

First impression:

Solid in all aspects,almost compact,great glass,turrets feel good with a distinct stop to the clicks,eyebox was easy to look through even without the scope mounted up.

just spent eight days beating the crap out of 5 of these scopes @ SMTC first 5 0n .308 tube guns and AR10s about 3000 rds, then 2 days with the 300 WM and .338. I roughly carried them and had them uncased bouncing around in a RZR and pick up and they never lost a 0 or had any problems. I really like these scopes mine were early demo 58s and hope to get a couple 59 soon. Really like this scope

I talked to TWO customer service reps directly at Bushnell on Friday. Both of them said that the only place you can buy an HDMR directly is from Horus Vision. I called Horus Vision and they confirmed that. Other than online retailers and rip off artists that is.

Beat the crap out of mine again at Read Range Comp without any issues at all. Held zero to 1000 again. Anyone not happy with the one they have, I have a new PST 6 X 24 FFP in the box that I can set you up in on a trade.

Just got my HDMR with H59 yesterday. Don't have it mounte up yet, but I am impressed so far. She may be a bit heavy compared to others, but that doens't bother me. I like this reticle. Horus reticles feel like cheating compared to straight mil dots (at least to me). I'll give an update (and some pics) when I get her set up.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jrtroubleshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">just spent eight days beating the crap out of 5 of these scopes @ SMTC first 5 0n .308 tube guns and AR10s about 3000 rds, then 2 days with the 300 WM and .338. I roughly carried them and had them uncased bouncing around in a RZR and pick up and they never lost a 0 or had any problems. I really like these scopes mine were early demo 58s and hope to get a couple 59 soon. Really like this scope </div></div>

I'm glad to hear they're holding up and elated that I don't have to spend $3000 for a high quality scope with a Horus reticle!!!

The build quality of these scopes is very high!In fact I decided to sell one of my other scopes and order another HDMR/H-59.The glass is top notch as well.I could resolve better with the HDMR compared to my IOR.

The Horus system is the best kept secret in the tactical shooting community. Several tier 1 units use them currently with great success. I know Lowlight doesnt like them but he isnt exactly in the box either. They are great, But like I said, not too many people know about them. I was talking ballistics and scopes with a PJ, couple seals and SF dudes today and none of them had ever heard of Horus. Their hobbies arent long range shooting though.... The SOF guys who shoot, love the horus, end of story... If I could bring my Bushnell out here I would. Dagum export restrictions... You guys also seem to put alot of favor into the 59, I have the 58 and like it better, so what if there is a floating dot on the center crosshair, if your only shooting this thing from a bench at 100yds your kinda missing the point of the reticle. And when would you ever need 3 mils of wind firing out to 400yds? 2 mils for that matter, i think the 59 is more cluttered. just me though... Im just glad I got mine before they doubled in price... Shoulda got 2

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Goose375</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Horus system is the best kept secret in the tactical shooting community. Several tier 1 units use them currently with great success. I know Lowlight doesnt like them but he isnt exactly in the box either. They are great, But like I said, not too many people know about them. <span style="color: #FF0000">I was talking ballistics and scopes with a PJ, couple <span style="text-decoration: underline">seals</span> and SF dudes today</span> and none of them had ever heard of Horus. Their hobbies arent long range shooting though.... The SOF guys who shoot, love the horus, end of story... If I could bring my Bushnell out here I would. Dagum export restrictions... You guys also seem to put alot of favor into the 59, I have the 58 and like it better, so what if there is a floating dot on the center crosshair, if your only shooting this thing from a bench at 100yds your kinda missing the point of the reticle. And when would you ever need 3 mils of wind firing out to 400yds? 2 mils for that matter, i think the 59 is more cluttered. just me though... Im just glad I got mine before they doubled in price... Shoulda got 2 </div></div>

Were you at a gunshow or the aquatic area of the zoo?

oh...my bad i didn't put seal in all caps, i guess i forgot it was an acronym and figured a chairborne ranger would know what i was talking about... matter of fact, i dont think i used one cap in this hole response... you like that? what i did with "hole" when it should have been "whole"... daggum grammar police in a sniper forum, wooda never guessed..

Weird... I talked some some snipers and peeps from 20th SF and the 18B (weapons sgt) said he loves the Horus, and hates having to go back to the regular mil dot.

What era were these guys? Lol

They're used a lot in military, especially specialized. As a matter of fact s&b will be making them for the army with the h59 now

these guys were early GWOT, This things been going on for 10 years already... Horus didnt start to really pick up steam until recently, It was a specialty item back when the rangers were winning the international sniper comps with them. With what we do now, we dont get 10 different sniper platforms, just 1. And a Horus it is not, They spout off "legal" reasons for us not being able to shoot what we want..

I'm trying to better understand these reticles, and I'll say right out that I've never looked through a scope that has one. They're sort of a BDC right? If so, once your DA and/or load changes, they won't work very well, correct? Admittedly I haven't read a whole bunch on them yet.

Those of you who use them, after switching from a classic mil-dot style reticle, did it take a while to get used to them? They look rather busy to me, but I don't want to fall into the grumpy old man, "Back in my day....!" group! Would love to check one out some day.

they are NOT BDC reticles. They are mil based, a mil is a mil no matter what caliber you shoot.

And it just looks busy the for a short while, after using it a bit it just becomes part if the normal field of view.

Ah, o.k. I guess I don't understand how they work then. More reading to do.

It's just like Mil dots, but with hashes and more of them. Basically you don't have to try and break down the dot into smaller units, which gives you a margin of greater accuracy.

each small hash is .2 mil, then marked by a bigger hash whole number.

Ohhhhhh. I thought the numbers seen in the reticle were range in yards or something...whereas you're saying they're mils. Seems like they "drop" the horizontal cross-hair down onto each major mil and extend it out for leads on movers...makes sense now, thanks.

I just reread what I read about Horus reticles when I got home this evening and it states clearly that "works perfectly with all calibers, and is correct for all density altitudes". I must've really spaced out earlier...sorry, disregard! I would love to test one of these out. Sorry for the thread hijack!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: COfox</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ohhhhhh. I thought the numbers seen in the reticle were range in yards or something...whereas you're saying they're mils. Seems like they "drop" the horizontal cross-hair down onto each major mil and extend it out for leads on movers...makes sense now, thanks.</div></div>

for movers, you would want to dial the correct elevation, and just the main horizontal line. This is one example of when to dial and when not to use hold overs. Known distance single target engagement is another.

Other Horus reticles have a bigger grid but this one is trimmed down, which is a good thing.

I used to run an H25 but now I have the H58, much better and in a sweet ass scope makes it a great package.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Goose375</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> They spout off "legal" reasons for us not being able to shoot what we want.. </div></div>

well aware, in traditional units...

I realize I'm not exactly breaking new ground here, but for whatever it is worth (and I expect that to be very little), every SF & MARSOC guy I know loves a Horus reticle in one form or another. I can take a hint, so as you can imagine, this will be my next scope.

I've never used a Horus reticle before, but that is something that can be easily be corrected with time & money, and I'm running out of time (or is it money?).