• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bushnell Legend 1200 ARC

LoneWolfUSMC

Lt. Colonel
Minuteman
I just found this sitting on my doorstep.

legend_4002.jpg

I am going to be doing a review on it. Anyone have one yet? This is supposed to be the successor to the Elite 1500.

Any issues or gripes with the 1500?

Re: Bushnell Legend 1200 ARC

i have used an elite 1500 for the last six months and i have been blown away by it. i have used it along side a leica 1200 and a leupold rx and blew them both away. the elite would range faster, farther, and smaller shit everytime. for the money i am impressed as hell. my partner and i shoot almost weekly out to 1k and sometimes beyond and use the shit of the elite and it works very very well. don't know shit about that one though....sorry

i've had my Bushnell elite 1500 ARC for about 2 years.... It's REALLY good for the price.

The LCD is MUCH more practical than the leicas I find... It actually tells you things not just a range.
BushnellElite1500ARC1.jpg

- ARC gives you an incline / decline angle in degrees instantly.
- True range to target or ballistic range to target in Mtr or Yds.
- You have 3 lase settings, pinpoint, standard or interferance.
- Tripod attachment thread in base for quick mounting.
- Two control buttons, search type and lase.

I've lased a stop sign out at 1680yds on an overcast day with the 1500.
It will get solid readings out to about 7-800yds in the field from my experience. Battery life is pretty solid.

The internally lit display is a bit of a wank IMO. 7x mag is sufficient.
Light weight but solid. Waterproof plastic outer shell.

VERY VERY HAPPY with my 1500 ARC, hopefully this one works just as well if not better.
smile.gif

How can the lower end legend series be the successor to the Elite series?

I own a Elite 1500 ARC, and it has not let me down.

All of the specs are basically the same as the 1500 but the magnification is 6x and the range on reflective targets is quoted at 1200 yards.

There is no lit reticle on the 1200. I am a bit bummed at that, but in field testing it over the last couple of days I really haven't run into an issue with not being able to see the display even at 2230 hrs. Keep in mind I do work in an urban environment, so I am going to have to take it out to my LR shooting spot on some dark moonless night and see if it becomes a problem.

i used the bushnell elite 1500 in my 10/22 thread a few weeks ago... i am very happy with it... ranged vehicles at well over 1000 on an overcast day... thats bout all i know though.... screen went out of whack on it, and bushnell repaired free of charge.

So far it has ranged accurately from 50-1034 yards. Most of my use has been at night. I plan on getting to the same spot today and trying to hit the 1034 target in daylight.

I am definitely learning some things. Like windows give a much faster return than dark brick.

The brush setting seems to work very well. I was able to range a target through several trees and brush.

The ARC feature is neat and at the short range/high angle I have been able to test it at, it seems to work well. The BDC is fairly close for a "universal" type table. I wouldn't rely on it for longer ranges, but for a down and dirty dope I think it will work fine. I am going to test that in the "live fire" portion of the evaluation.

Hate to bring this ancient thread back up, but found it on a search. Was a comprehensive review ever completed?

I ask because I recently got one of these and I got to take it out the first time this past weekend and had issues. This is my first LRF and maybe it was me, the situation, the target the 1200.. I don't really know.

It was middle of the day, clear skies. My father and I went to check out a spot to possible shoot some distance at and I took the 1200 with me.

Here is a pic of the spot at the time I was trying to range:

ss1.jpg

My father walked the path as I ranged him the entire length to the tree line. I lost the ability to range him at 488yds. I tried all modes on the 1200 the tree line by our estimates is right at 500yds. I have to say I was disappointed in the performance of this LRF. Maybe my expectations are too high?? From what I saw on the net I felt I should have been able to easily range him much further then 488yds.

Here is another shot on full zoom of my point and shoot cam, and I added a red dot at where I was trying to range him at:

ss2.jpg

As soon as he started back towards me and crossed into the 480yd range I could pick him up again and range him all the way back.

Any thoughts on this??

i got one about a month ago. it has been great so far, i can get 1405 yards on every time on a marker on our airport runway. i paid 300.00 on amazon

It may be that your dad is not a big enough target. Try aiming at something larger at distance. I had a friend who ran into this and we just ranged his truck as we walked away from it. Once we got to proper distance we setup our targets and walked back to where the truck and guns were.

I'm kind of hoping that isn't the case. I had read deer sized target out to approx 800yds, so I figured man size should be pretty close to the same. Around half that figure though is a disappointment! However as I admitted I know nothing of the limitations of LRF's other then what I found on the web.

I'd like them zombies to be able to be ranged double that if required!!
smile.gif

That brings up another question though, I know the advertised range limit (1200 yds) is for "reflective targets" but what about the guys shooting metal plates no larger then the torso of a man? I know I have seen posts saying "distance confirmed via LRF" etc etc. Is that simply because they are metal and usually painted white making them more reflective? Maybe if my dad would have been wearing just a white t-shirt it might have picked him up better?

I have a 1500 ARC and have ranged out to ~1760 yards (which YES, is over the stated range for the unit). It helps to be sighting off of anything <span style="text-decoration: underline">without</span> a “flat finish”. Bare concrete abutments only go out to 8 or 9 hundred yards tops, but under ideal conditions, concrete that’s painted with highly reflective colors respond at distances that far exceed the unit’s performance maximum.

So, just have your dad carry a 2 or better yet, 3 foot square piece of cardboard with a glossy finish and you’ll be good for as far as your gun will shoot.