• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bushnell Legend T Series 15-45x60 FFP

Vamike9

Patriot
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Feb 17, 2017
    Virginia
    www.youtube.com
    Just wanted to get some opinions about the new Bushnell Legend T Series 15-45x60 First Focal Plane spotting scope. I've heard many good things about it. Thanks for your experience and reviews ahead of time.

Ok guys I went ahead and bought one. I can tell you from my experience the clarity is as good if not better than some spotting scopes costing 3x as much. Very sharp and crisp out to 45X, but best clarity is at 32 for distance. I've even been told it compares nice to the Razor spotter in optical clarity. Also has a very useful mil reticle for ranging at all magnifications.
    As far as durability, I have not put it through the paces but seems solidly built. Bushnell also has their No Questions Asked warranty on it, which is nice.
    In my opinion, for this price ($445-$500) you just can't get much more.

Can you see impact on steel at 1000 yard?

Ok guys I went ahead and bought one. I can tell you from my experience the clarity is as good if not better than some spotting scopes costing 3x as much. Very sharp and crisp out to 45X, but best clarity is at 32 for distance. I've even been told it compares nice to the Razor spotter in optical clarity. Also has a very useful mil reticle for ranging at all magnifications.
    As far as durability, I have not put it through the paces but seems solidly built. Bushnell also has their No Questions Asked warranty on it, which is nice.
    In my opinion, for this price ($445-$500) you just can't get much more.

I haven't taken it out all the way to 1k but given what I've seen I'd say you'll easily spot hits on steel at that range. It's an incredible value if you can find one in stock.

Looking for thoughts on a tripod to pair with this spotter.

Hello gents.. New guy here..

plong, this is the Bushnell 84005 "tactical tripod kit". I think it is discontinued but they can still be found. It's a pretty nice kit, sturdy, and can also be used as a rifle rest.

Best,
    Rob
    s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg 2.jpg

Reactions: ototallydude
    I need to get behind one of these. I've had 2 different Leupold Mark4s, but they didn't live up to the hype for me. Does anyone have a comparison between the two?

• Haha
    Reactions: ototallydude
    I have one.
    Just sold off my original Bushnell Excursion FFP 15-45x spotting scope with Mil-Dot reticle.

The reticle on the new one is much more workable with half-mil hash marks. It's quad rails will be next to useless for 99% of people however are nice to have if you're into that type of thing. I'm considering mounting a Bushnell TRS-25 red dot to help get on target quickly.

Very clear, the focus ring is large and works well however it isn't as precise as the Razor with it's bulk and fine adjust toggles.

Overall, extremely good spotter and yes you can see hits at 1k on steel with a reasonable calibre in non-mirage conditions.

Attachments

• bushnell spotters.jpg
      bushnell spotters.jpg
      122.2 KB · Views: 335
    Well I picked up one of these and didn't have time or a place to check it out. Took it to a match the next day. Sorry to say I couldn't get it to fine focus. Couldn't see impacts on steel at 600 yds. It was overcast with light rain so I figured it was me.
    Took it out the next weekend, beautiful day and a lot of snow. After a lot of testing and comparing it with an elite 15-45 I gave up. Sent it back and am waiting for a replacement. 1 month backorder. Bushnell said it should be way better than the elite! Hope so!

Sorry to hear about that experience, I'm sure there's always going to be something that can go wrong. I'll tell you from my experience with the Bushnell Legend T series you'll see hits extremely well and crisp at 600yds.
    Bushnell has great customer service and should have it fixed in no time, hope you have better luck brother.

Got behind one the other day. Great spotter for the value. I would definitely say clarity is under the vortex razor line, but that is obviously expected with the peice point. Where i noticed it lacking was in the higher magnification around the edge. I could definitely live with it for that price though. Nice package, i will be in the market within the next couple months.

I've used mine to shoot out to a mile. The glass is way too good for me only paying $460 for mine. My Steiner tactical scope has equal glass quality.....beyond impressed. It's the same glass that is used on the Bushnell ERS series-a $1500 optic.

Here's a couple of photos of the clarity. One is at my 1 mile range-focused on the 1000 yard target and you can see the 1600 yard silhouette in the background. I wasn't able to get the 1 mile target in the photo as it's off way to the right of the other targets. This is at 20x power I think?

The other picture is a view from my backyard in early dawn hours. This is at 15x power.

Attachments

• photo49153.jpg
      photo49153.jpg
      49 KB · Views: 1,277
    • photo49154.jpg
      photo49154.jpg
      42.9 KB · Views: 1,238
    I'll be keeping an eye out for one. They seem like a good deal for the $$. With my luck, as soon as I buy it, something else will be released and the price will drop 25%...

The 20x is kinda small for 1000 yard target? I am wondering whether 45x can see better?
    i am debating between this one and a new razor hd 20-60.

Here's a couple of photos of the clarity. One is at my 1 mile range-focused on the 1000 yard target and you can see the 1600 yard silhouette in the background. I wasn't able to get the 1 mile target in the photo as it's off way to the right of the other targets. This is at 20x power I think?

The other picture is a view from my backyard in early dawn hours. This is at 15x power.

The 20x is kinda small for 1000 yard target? I am wondering whether 45x can see better?
    i am debating between this one and a new razor hd 20-60.

Yeah 45x you can see much better. That's what I used for 1760 yards (1 mile). I just wanted to take a picture of all the targets so I had to back out a bit on the zoom.

Wow you can spot hits at 1 mile with 45x on this one?
    never had a chance to go this far but if that is true then I won't consider 20-60 spotter anymore.

Yeah 45x you can see much better. That's what I used for 1760 yards (1 mile). I just wanted to take a picture of all the targets so I had to back out a bit on the zoom.

Mine will be in this week, can't wait to check it out. Price was right for sure.

I too am looking for thoughts on this spotting scope.

I have found that these are the best with their micro tilt adjustment and they are tested to take over 3 kgs of weight, I have camo painted mine and it looks great, and it is Rock Solid for Aiming my rangefinder from, you don't need any 5-600 dollar wish stick.

Hope this helps,

John.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3713212852...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I grabbed one from b&h when they came back in stock yesterday .
    This tripod is same as this one I saw in this video.
    https://youtu.be/UJH-DVeYjEc
    I hope I can find one in the us ebay.

I have found that these are the best with their micro tilt adjustment and they are tested to take over 3 kgs of weight, I have camo painted mine and it looks great, and it is Rock Solid for Aiming my rangefinder from, you don't need any 5-600 dollar wish stick.

Hope this helps,

John.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3713212852...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Last edited:
    I grabbed one from b&h when they came back in stock yesterday .
    This tripod is same as this one I saw in this video.
    https://youtu.be/m0hVfCo4_TM
    I hope I can find one in the us ebay.

Well If you have Trouble Give me a call and I will order you one, They are the same as the Early Bushnell models and I am pretty sure that many other companies use to make them too.

Here's mine, Sorry about the pick, But this is my old Tasco that I use for general glassing but the Tripod takes my Leupold GR very well too.

John.

Attachments

• photo51099.png
      photo51099.png
      164.3 KB · Views: 153
    Thanks for offering help.
    I would imaging the shipping will cost more than the product from UK to US. Not sure whether it is worth it.

Well If you have Trouble Give me a call and I will order you one, They are the same as the Early Bushnell models and I am pretty sure that many other companies use to make them too.

Here's mine, Sorry about the pick, But this is my old Tasco that I use for general glassing but the Tripod takes my Leupold GR very well too.

John.

Thanks for offering help.
    I would imaging the shipping will cost more than the product from UK to US. Not sure whether it is worth it.

No it might be about 10 or 20 bucks, I posted 2 metal detector coils to someone in Canada and that's about all it cost so no Dramas,

John.

Vidoe link was wrong, corrected
    https://youtu.be/UJH-DVeYjEc

Look at 6:30
    The micro tilt function does seem useful.

My Tasco scope has the same peep hole on it to but mine is a 12 to 36 X 50, I use it mainly set at about 22x,

On the vertical shaft there is a big wheel that to tighten to lock the shaft height "BUT" I only tighten it up a little because the Collar just above it slips down and hold the shaft in place so you do not have to tighten the big wheel but it stays tight enough to stop it sliding left and right but still allows you to pan it easily, which works like a fluid head tripod which is cool.

when it comes to using the micro tilt I set it to the middle point and then adjust the Shoe to its centre position and then tighten it up and then just use the micro tilt which I think it will pivot about a total of 60* degrees or more, This system is about the best there is for getting your scope on target, It pans left and right and it tilts up and down,

When set up right there is "NO" whip in this Tripod so it has Virtually Zero vibration issues unlike the 4/500 Dollar Manfrotto 055 that I own even when its legs are closed it Can not match this little tripod. And another Great feature is that you can tighten all the nuts and bolts and it always feels like new,,

I own some really great optics but this little Tripod is my Favourite piece of kit, It just does what it is meant to do, So I am going to buy 2 more, One for the ConX, "No need to say what Colour I will paint that One" and the other one for my Leupold GR, and to be honest if I had not been on a spending spree this past month I most likely would have bought another half dozen, Lol.

Hope this helps,

John.

Last edited:
    Found something similar in US
    Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/172554613982

Is it any good?

I think it should be alright, It has the micro tilt function which is cool, and as long as you balance your optic as in scope one side and LRF opposite I think it will be fine, heck my Tasco's Tripod left a lot to be desired but It always done the deed, and that one you have found is way better than the Tasco tripods so I say go for it,, Also if you find that you want one like mine you can always use that one for your LRF so you won't be wasting any money and you will be surprized how often those little tripods come in handy,,To this day I still have the Tasco tripods and I still use them because they are a great backup and perfect to keep under the seat of your Truck ready for when you have a brainwave, they have saved my Bacon many A time,

My offer still stands, if you change your mind, But I would give that one a go that you have found on ebay

good luck.

John.

This one might be less sturdy because the leg is plastic. But like you said if it does not work out I can use it for LRF or backup.
    thanks for offering help. Will reach out if I still need help.

I think it should be alright, It has the micro tilt function which is cool, and as long as you balance your optic as in scope one side and LRF opposite I think it will be fine, heck my Tasco's Tripod left a lot to be desired but It always done the deed, and that one you have found is way better than the Tasco tripods so I say go for it,, Also if you find that you want one like mine you can always use that one for your LRF so you won't be wasting any money and you will be surprized how often those little tripods come in handy,,To this day I still have the Tasco tripods and I still use them because they are a great backup and perfect to keep under the seat of your Truck ready for when you have a brainwave, they have saved my Bacon many A time,

My offer still stands, if you change your mind, But I would give that one a go that you have found on ebay

good luck.

John.

The tripod seems to be OK. Maybe a bit shake but will do for bench work.
    but my Bushnell looses focus after each shot. Is it too close to the muzzle or this spotter has this problem? I remember seeing something on scout forum but could not find it.

The tripod seems to be OK. Maybe a bit shake but will do for bench work.
    but my Bushnell looses focus after each shot. Is it too close to the muzzle or this spotter has this problem? I remember seeing something on scout forum but could not find it.

No mate It should not be effected by being to close unless you are shooting a 105 Howitzer, Something does not sound right somewhere. I would take it back to where you got it and ask for another unit.

John.

vector-of-a-cartoon-pirate-shooting-a-cannon-with-ball-by-gnurf-74.jpg

Last edited:
    Took it to a quite range today and the focus definitely walks by itself.
    here is the thread I was talking about. People fix it with an o ring.
    http://www.scout.com/military/snipe...ter-hate-the-factory-lens-covers?s=541&page=1

But I want to fix it for good. Wondering whether I should send it back to bh photo or Bushnell...

Yeah I would call them and send it in, maybe the Grease they use is too thin, most scopes I have seen use grease like Tar, This must be a common problem because yours is not the first one to do that here, They use thinner grease because people like to have the rings run smooth which although is nice it can be a pain as you have found out, my old Tasco and my Leupold GR are quite firm,

John.

Mine walks a little. Does anyone know the o-ring size from fastenal? I'm fine to just use that, I don't really want to send it in.

I posted in that original thread on Scout. I sent mine back to Bushnell and though it took longer than they originally thought the new one definitely doesn't move. It took about 6 weeks to get one back which was longer than the 2-3 weeks they first said. They had to wait on a new shipment of them to come in.

I posted in that original thread on Scout. I sent mine back to Bushnell and though it took longer than they originally thought the new one definitely doesn't move. It took about 6 weeks to get one back which was longer than the 2-3 weeks they first said. They had to wait on a new shipment of them to come in.

And the new one works fine?

I wanted one. Just picked up a Leopold gold ring 12-40x60 in a trade plus cash for my Athlon Cronus. I wish they had come out with a MOA reticle for this spotter as well. I would have picked one up a while ago. The price is right and looks like good value. I like to idea of being able to mount other devices via pic rails!!!!

I wanted one. Just picked up a Leopold gold ring 12-40x60 in a trade plus cash for my Athlon Cronus. I wish they had come out with a MOA reticle for this spotter as well. I would have picked one up a while ago. The price is right and looks like good value. I like to idea of being able to mount other devices via pic rails!!!!

I thought they did make an MOA Ret for the mk 4, I could be wrong but I remember a thread here a couple of years ago about them, ?

John.

I wish that the Bushnell 15-45x60 had an MOA reticle.

The Leopold is available with the Impact MOA reticle. It's $550 to have it installed in to my scope.

I have the older version FLP that looks like a Mk 4 and it has the Mildot Ret and I have a Leupold GR HD.

John.

So I just ordered one of these on Amazon. here is what I paid:
    Untitled.jpg
    I will be shocked if this is actually new as it is advertised or that it isn't some cheap Chinese knockoff, like a BUSHYNELL or something. will update when I get it.