• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Bushnell XRSII 4.5-30X50

AlwineArcher

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 27, 2011
WA
Anyone have any personal experience with this scope?
I picked one up awhile back on a whim, it seemed to check all the right boxes and was nice to look through.
I still haven't used it and am debating selling it or switching it out for one of my other scopes.
Just expected to have heard more reports on them by now, but haven't...

I would put it in line with the Vortex Razor 2 or just below it. Mechanically its solid and will track as good as anything out there, but the optical performance is not quite as good as the $3000+ msrp scopes. They seem to be selling for $1400-$1500 like new w/ illumination, so figure you'll need to add another $800-$1000 to pick up an Atacr, PMii, Minox ZP5, etc to get any noticeable gain.

Reactions: AlwineArcher
I have one without illumination. Tracking is dead on, the turrets are a bit mushy.
Comparing the glass to my S&B PMII and Steiner M5XI the XRSII falls a little short but not by much. You are not going to miss with this optic and fault the optical quality.

I like that the zero stop actually stops at zero unlike my S&B and Steiner.

This was the optic that was used to win King of Two Miles in 2018, which doesn’t really mean anything but still.

Also I gotta ask, if you already own it, why are you asking about other’s experiences without using it yourself?

Reactions: beretta_man11
I've got a pair of them, as well as the DMR2 Pro. I've been extremely happy with mine - glass is excellent, tracks beautifully, no mechanical issues, and they're built like tanks. My trainer was propped up against the shoot house at Altus, and fell over onto gravel directly on te elevation knob - my zero didn't budge. I picked it up and center punched a 6" plate at 500 yards less than a minute after the fall.

I have the 3.5-21x50 ERS and as said above it tracks, shoots perfect and has always been reliable. I have owned and looked through scopes from $100-$7000 dollars and for some reason this one has stayed with me. Built like a tank (weighs as much) and glass is VERY good. Shoot it, I bet it works great for you.

Reactions: AlwineArcher
Picked up a Bushnell XRSII via the Midway sale. I am very impressed, great scope for the money. My only complaint is 75 yards is the closest it will focus. My eyes are old but I don’t see much difference between it and my buddies Mark 5 and the Bushnell is illuminated. From what I have read it has a great record for tracking correctly.

The Midway deal is hard to resist!! The question is H59 or Tremor3?? My other scopes have the EBR-7C and you can't hold under with the H59.

I picked one up a few weeks ago but haven't installed it on a rifle yet. So far I'm very impressed with the scope and price paid. I ended up with the ill G3.

I just got mine today and for the price it really looks good. I have some load development I plan on doing Friday so I'll pull that scope and check it out. I have a load that's already developed for this rifle so that will be the one I use to check this scope out. Might grab another one if I like it.

Any update to this scope I am between the xrs2 and the razor 2, if you got both let me see some opinions or side by sides.

Any update to this scope I am between the xrs2 and the razor 2, if you got both let me see some opinions or side by sides.
20210116_125028.jpg
20210116_125320.jpg

Parallax: V
Turrets: V
Zero stop: B
Magnification: B
Glass: tie
Reticle: B (tremor3 over EBR-7C)
Price: B

If I could only have one I would say the Razor!!

Reactions: Lunchbox27
How does the eyebox feel for both scopes, it seems the gen 2 razor wins in that category but i am not sure. i have the original XRS and Razor HD, i like them alot but only 1 gets a upgrade.

How does the eyebox feel for both scopes, it seems the gen 2 razor wins in that category but i am not sure. i have the original XRS and Razor HD, i like them alot but only 1 gets a upgrade.
I haven't had any real time behind the XRS II but it has good eyebox comparable to the Razor.

thanks alot, i might hunt for a XRS2 then to then compare it to my friend razor and see how it all turns out.

I have both. I think the above is pretty good info looking at those two specifically. Both are perfectly good for hits at 1k.
The one thing I don't like is the eye relief and overall length on the Bushnell. I can't get it far enough forward for me with a Spuhr mount on a GAP PPR. Going to try either remounting with an MPA mount that can go a little farther forward or move it to a different rifle.

$1k at midway for the XRS II is an absolute steal for the quality level. Hard to overlook it as maybe the best value available in my opinion.

A friend of mine came over today to optically compare the XRS II to a few other scopes I have before he buys one. So we went outside with the XRS II, a 4.5-27 Optika6, a Sightron SIII 6-24, and an S&B 5-25 PMII. After spending about an hour looking through them side by side, the Bushnell easily came in 2nd place to the PMII. The Bushnell was bright, never got dark even at 30x and resolution was excellent with no visible CA. Visibly the resolution in the PMII was better but not by much. There was a significant difference in the image quality between the Optika 6 and Sightron SIII with the edge going to the Optika 6. Personally, I don't think I would have paid the original price of $1700 for an XRS II but at the current Midway price, I have to say it's a very good deal, especially after comparing it to other scopes today.

Reactions: BisSilent

I have both I would say the Razor is better, so if you're looking at the Razor the XRS2 isn't it. That said, the price of the XRS2 at Midway is unbeatable for what it offers. To be able to get the TreMor3 or the H59 for just over $1200.00 is a steal. To get the TreMor3 or H59 in the Razor gen 2 is going to cost you $2600.

The XRS2 eye box isn't as good as the Razor. So, if you're just shooting off a bench or shooting prone all the time it won't bother you. If you do PRS matches you'll notice the difference, but it won't be the end of the world. However, the Razor will out shine the XRS2 here.

The XRS2 weighs in at 37.8 lbs and the Razor weighs in at 48.5 lbs.

Illumination isn't available on the Midway price for the XRS2, so no illumination for that. The Razor wins here if you need illumination.

Parallax goes to the Razor as you can go down to 32 yards and the XRS2 75 yards.

FOV the Razor edges out the XRS2 by 1 foot

Standard reticle, I like the Razor EBC 2 or 7 better than the XRS2 G3, but that's a personal choice

Here's where I sit on this, if you are only going to get one scope, look for a used Razor here at the Hide. If you need more than one scope and you want a choice of reticles get the XRS2 at Midway. I don't think at this price point you could be disappointed with the XRS2.

Reactions: Eric32
I should mention I have the Brownells MPO scopes, both the 5-25x56 and the 3-18x50. I would put the XRS2 above these scopes in value. It's not to say the MPO isn't a good scope for the money, but the deal right now on the XRS2 makes it a much better value than the MPO. The MPO is better at parallax and comes with illumination. So, if that's important to you the MPO may be the way to go.

i think i am gonna hold out for the new offering from Bushnell before I commit to the razor, I don't want to kick myself in the face if something else is right around the corner

i think i am gonna hold out for the new offering from Bushnell before I commit to the razor, I don't want to kick myself in the face if something else is right around the corner
I figured Bushnell is coming out with something new as Midway is dumping these things at that price, but other retailers still have them priced at MAP. That's why I decided to pick up another one. You would not be disappointed with a Razor gen 2 unless weight is a concern.

Anyone have thoughts one how the XRS2 compares optically to the Athlon Cronus BTR? These are on clearance for similar prices once Midway adds tax.

I have an XRS2, but the lower minimum parallax of the Cronus is appealing.

Anyone have thoughts one how the XRS2 compares optically to the Athlon Cronus BTR? These are on clearance for similar prices once Midway adds tax.

I have an XRS2, but the lower minimum parallax of the Cronus is appealing.
Are you sure? The Athlon Cronus BTR at Midway is $1599 and the XRS2 is $1058.10. Looks like the Athlon Cronus BTR gives you a lot more features for the money. Better parallax and illuminated.

Are you sure? The Athlon Cronus BTR at Midway is $1599 and the XRS2 is $1058.10. Looks like the Athlon Cronus BTR gives you a lot more features for the money. Better parallax and illuminated.

Cameraland has the Cronus BTR on clearance for $1,149. For me (I don't know if the tax rate varies by state), the XRS2 is $1,124 shipped from Midway.

One advantage to the XRSII is it has a good track record for tracking correctly. Which is very important for long range shooting. Check out the hides review of scopes they did a great job evaluating tracking accuracy.

Reactions: Hollywood 6mm
Cameraland has the Cronus BTR on clearance for $1,149. For me (I don't know if the tax rate varies by state), the XRS2 is $1,124 shipped from Midway.
I was debating between the two as well and ended up going with the XRS for a couple reason unrelated to glass. First the XRS has a locking windage turret, second I just really like a floating dot and the cronus is a cross hair center. Last and not nearly as important is I wont keep this optic that long and the resale on the brushnells is pretty typically decent. For me personally unless I was shooting optics side by side the glass quality of most scopes over a grand doesn't matter as much as features, preference etc.

I bought a Cronus BTR due to the 25 yard min. parallax and illumination.

I didn't have much daylight left to compare, but.it seems the BTR has better contrast, but a tighter eye box than the XRS2. I couldn't judge CA well, but both seem well controlled. The XRS2 has nicer, but substantially larger turrets.

I have both. Personally I prefer the cronus with the floating cross. I like the .2 windage increment reticle. But the xrs2 is no slouch.

Looking at picking up one of the Bushnells at midway before they sell out- for those of you that have both....

Would you get the XRS II 4.5-30 or go with the DMR II 3.5-21 (for $300 less in the G3). The magnification in both of them really covers what I am wanting- but if the XRS is a better scope I don't want to pass it by for just a little more money?

Also- I handled a DMR II at a show a while back and the windage turret pulled out kind of funny with a air seal sound.... and you had to tweak it just a bit to lock it back up-- Is that how most of them are?

Looking at picking up one of the Bushnells at midway before they sell out- for those of you that have both....

Would you get the XRS II 4.5-30 or go with the DMR II 3.5-21 (for $300 less in the G3). The magnification in both of them really covers what I am wanting- but if the XRS is a better scope I don't want to pass it by for just a little more money?

Also- I handled a DMR II at a show a while back and the windage turret pulled out kind of funny with a air seal sound.... and you had to tweak it just a bit to lock it back up-- Is that how most of them are?

The glass alone is worth the $300 difference, IMO. The DMR2 Pro is on par with the XRS2 for glass, but the older DMR2s aren't quite as good.
Windage unlock like you describe isn't unusual, especially if it's a relatively new one. There's an extra O-ring in the turret responsible for that seal.