• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Business is Business

Hi All,

This is more of a vent session than anything, but why do individuals feel the need to voice their political views during business transactions? In the last couple of weeks, I have ordered a scope and an annealing machine online. After completing the transaction, I've had a thank you email sent to me that has included their views on covid and comment on how the current President is a failure. I am conducting a firearm-related transaction. You do not need to sell me on the fact that firearm ownership is under pressure, but both notes will make me pause before buying from their businesses again.

This is not my first experience with these thank you notes in the past couple of years, but they are becoming more frequent.

Contrary to popular belief, left-leaning people hunt, fish, and have basements full of firearms and ammunition. My goal is to have any of my left-leaning (or right-leaning) friends and family that have never shot a firearm before, come over so I can introduce them to the sport and have them experience it first hand. I have never had anyone leave my rifle range without asking me if they can come back and shoot sometime or ask me later on how they can purchase their own rifle.

If we continue to believe that all left-leaning people are out to take our guns, and only right-leaning people are our friends, we will continue to divide people away from our community, making firearm sports struggle even further.

Now the shop owners have the right to freedom of speech, and it is also their right to conduct business transactions in any legal way that they would like, but when did we forget our parents' advice to keep religion and politics at home?

Lastly, I'm from Canada, which all of these shop owners know because I have provided them with my shipping address. I have no control over US politics, and I only want to exchange my money for goods and services. Do I vote Liberal? Nope. Do I like our liberal Prime Minister? Not a chance. Do I talk about him in a negative way to my friends regardless of their political affiliation? Sometimes, depending on the person. But starting a conversation with a stranger based on a one-sided political viewpoint rarely goes well, and I think we would be better off as a community if we took a moment to stop talking sometimes. I know it would help me figure out who to direct my liberal friends to when purchasing firearm-related items...

Happy shooting, everyone!
chicken-chicken-bro.gif

One of the few Bear Pit posts I've appreciated. And for the record, I'm a left-leaning outdoorsman with more guns than I need (but I can always use more ammo). I have plenty of political opinions, and they're strongly held, but agreed that I don't feel it's appropriate light people up with them during unrelated or professional interactions.
chicken-chicken-bro.gif

Boy do I love it when folks skyline themselves.