• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Butler Creek Flip up Scope Cover size question

Powerstrokediesel

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 19, 2008
North Whitehall, Pennsylvania
I would like to find out what size ocular and objective Butler Creek flip up covers are required for the S&B 3-12X50 PMII model scope.

I called S&B and they confirmed that the outside diameter of the ocular is 43mm and objective 57mm. I have been referring to a Butler Creek sizing chart and I'm not sure if I should go smaller or larger; there isn't exact equivalents of these two outside diameter sizes. I'm leaning towards the slightly smaller lens caps but I'm not sure.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Butler Creek Flip up Scope Cover size question

If the slightly larger size is too large and the cap doesn't stay on well enough, add a layer or two of masking tape to the inside of the caps to make for a snug fit.

Reactions: 6gunner
I would like to find out what size ocular and objective Butler Creek flip up covers are required for the S&B 3-12X50 PMII model scope.

I called S&B and they confirmed that the outside diameter of the ocular is 43mm and objective 57mm. I have been referring to a Butler Creek sizing chart and I'm not sure if I should go smaller or larger; there isn't exact equivalents of these two outside diameter sizes. I'm leaning towards the slightly smaller lens caps but I'm not sure.

Thanks in advance.
#40 (2.25"/57.2mm) for Objective and #18 (1.700"/43.2mm) for the Ocular. On the Ocular, put a slight amount of Vaseline around the rubber seal of the Ocular Rim to get it to slip over more easily.