• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Butt stock pack

Re: Butt stock pack

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Get the Eagle, from Triad. </div></div>

+1 Great piece of gear

I have two of the eagles and love them. Well contructed. Holds ammo on the outside. And the pocket is great for my DOPE card and a can of Skoal

I've got 2 eagle packs and 2 blackhawk IVS stock packs, and while I like both, I believe my preference is for the blackhawk -- makes for a great cheek weld.

I have an Eagle. Eagle or SO Tech would be my suggestion.

The BALS is a neat idea, and if you ALWAYS use a bag, then it might have merit. I prefer to be able to clip my bag to the rifle if I am going to need it on the rifle, or leave it in my ruck if now.

I have a tac ops..The only thing about carrying ammo on the outside is that you might issues with pressurization if ammo is in direct sunlight. I just use one ammo loop to carry my snap cap.

I really like the idea of having the rear rest attached but it will become annoying if i don't have the option to remove it easily if i choose. And the only problem i see in having the ammo inside of a zippered pouch is that if you need it you have one more step to run through before you can get to it. Maybe not an issue for you but something to consider at least.

What would really be cool is if you had a row of ammo loops inside and outside of the pack so you can use whatever your preferance may be
wink.gif

Why would a round go off in direct sunlight? That's absurd.

I have the pack from Brownells. Holds 8 rounds externally, and is actually of very high quality. The cheek pad is nice and comfortable, made of suede. There's enough room in the pouch for a lens cloth, snap caps, allen wrenches for action and scope, and a small notepad.

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=31860/sku=100-004-631/Product/TAC_OPS_CHEEK_PADS

And a pic of my rifle with the pack.

35637_567562914284_207301217_32817200_4436130_n.jpg

Thomas don't think he said a round would light off if held in direct sunlight. What he is referring too is if that round heats up it changes how it shoots, usually shooting slightly hotter possibly throughing off your group.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TerrorInTheShadows</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I really like the idea of having the rear rest attached but it will become annoying if i don't have the option to remove it easily if i choose. And the only problem i see in having the ammo inside of a zippered pouch is that if you need it you have one more step to run through before you can get to it. Maybe not an issue for you but something to consider at least.

What would really be cool is if you had a row of ammo loops inside and outside of the pack so you can use whatever your preferance may be
wink.gif
</div></div>

I agree. Good point about the bag. I think having it separate is a good deal and being able to take it off when I want. For me though, the extra step of the zipper isn't that big of a deal. I'm just a wannabe.

But what I do need is the bag to raise my cheek weld. I'm shooting a Savage 10 FCP and my eys sit far too low even with the low scope rings.

I like BALS pack, never had a problem with the bag. If I dont want it I just clip it out of the way. its a high quality piece but the side pouch is on the small side