• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Buy Sniper's Hide Training "Day One" DVD Now !

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com
    <span style="font-weight: bold">Sniper's Hide Training DVD, Day One is now available ! </span>

Shop Sniper's Hide Online Now !

Use promo code "<span style="font-weight: bold">DAY1PROMO</span>" (<span style="font-style: italic">all caps</span>) when checking out for $10 off. (<span style="font-style: italic">good through 12/15</span>)

day%201.png

front%20half.PNG

See the Trailers ...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/APonZV1T2pI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Teaser Trailer
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/MY8rwJYX8pg?list=UUwHsnyWOaQNtrGjJKsTgegg&hl=en_US" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sniper's Hide - Day One The Fundamentas of Marksmanship from Precision Rifle Experts

Precision Rifle Training for the Tactical Shooter

1 Hour 31 Minutes $60 + $4 shipping (Use promo code "DAY1PROMO" for $10 off)

Basic Precision rifle instruction for the Tactical Shooter. Heavy emphasis on the Fundamentals of Marksmanship, Day One is part 1 of a continuing series of instruction.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Shop Sniper's Hide </span>
    <a href="http://snipershide.mycustomevent.com" target="_blank">
    orangecartsm.jpg

Also available from iTunes for your iPad (only) The multi-touch ibook Precision Rifle Basics for the Tactical Shooter. This book gives you video and written text to re-enforce the DVD.

<iframe src="http://widgets.itunes.apple.com/book.html?wtype=6&app_id=577676392&country=us&partnerId=&affiliate_id=&cul=FFFFFF&cur=FFFFFF&cll=FFFFFF&clr=FFFFFF&wh=300&ww=300&t=&d=&pl=577676392" frameborder=0 style="overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;width:300px;height: 300px;border:0px" ></iframe>

Re: Buy Sniper's Hide Training "Day One" DVD Now !

It says $7.95 instead of $4 shipping?

Lowlight, two things...

1. The book needs to be downloaded from the ibookstore, not itunes.
    2. It isn't complimentary. It lists for $12.99. Is there a coupon or code in the DVD? Or maybe you meant it is a companion book?

Got the IPad version. Very well done!

My DVD order went smoothly.

Thanks for putting this all together!

~Brett

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fly320s</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Lowlight, two things...

1. The book needs to be downloaded from the ibookstore, not itunes.
    2. It isn't complimentary. It lists for $12.99. Is there a coupon or code in the DVD? Or maybe you meant it is a companion book?</div></div>

1. Yes you CAN get it from iTunes, it's splitting hairs saying the iBookstore as they work together.

Here is my iTunes player:

Screen-Shot-2012-11-21-at-7.09.12-PM.png

2. yes you are correct, the iBook is companion piece meant to compliment the DVD, complimentary was a wrong choice of words.

I don't have an iPad but bought the DVD... I have Macs throughout my house can I read the "book" on my Macs?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No the iBook only works on an iPad it is not set up for any other format.

IPad Only due to the multimedia and format. </div></div>

Bleck.

yeah, that 'iPad only' is a "show-stopper" here too. Frank, there's folks here who wish you'd explore other formats.

Just sayin'

As I have stated before, you cannot please everyone, the ability to build interactive books for the iPad is much better than the alternative. This first book is much too interactive to translate to other platforms, going to a simple eBook will not work, you would lose the video.

My current title that is about 3/4 finished will translate to static text much better, it's different enough to work. I will see what my options are to release my next book to other formats, but the Apple format works best for ME.

I cannot worry about pleasing every end user out there, there is too much diversity and too many formats to try and satisfy them all. You can start down that road and get lost in the woods because it's just too deep.

The DVD is universal, I purposely went single layer, SD format despite being shot in HD. This was done to appeal to the lowest common denominator when it comes to DVD players... still playing in my BluRay player on a new HD TV, the footage looks great. If you don't have an iPad get the DVD, it's pretty simple. If you have an iPad and want to take the footage with you, the iBook is the answer.

Lots and lots of options...

LL, I ordered the video last night. I received 2 each emails for "setting up account" ,"an email will be sent" , and "thank you for order" I don't know if it's a glitch? If somehow 2 vids got ordered or what's up.....
    Only need 1 vid and hopefully on one hit on the card.....
    Just thought you should know. How would I verify the status of just one on order?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mis-guided child2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LL, I ordered the video last night. I received 2 each emails for "setting up account" ,"an email will be sent" , and "thank you for order" I don't know if it's a glitch? If somehow 2 vids got ordered or what's up.....
    Just thought you should know. How would I verify the status of just one on order?</div></div>

Did you accidentally double tap or have one in the cart previously ? Were you browsing and came back to it ?

No issues like that have been happening, what is the first name I will see if my confirmation has one or two on it ?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mis-guided child2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LL, I ordered the video last night. I received 2 each emails for "setting up account" ,"an email will be sent" , and "thank you for order" I don't know if it's a glitch? If somehow 2 vids got ordered or what's up.....
    Just thought you should know. How would I verify the status of just one on order?</div></div>

Did you accidentally double tap or have one in the cart previously ? Were you browsing and came back to it ?

No issues like that have been happening, what is the first name I will see if my
    confirmation has one or two on it ? </div></div>

Not intentionally, or that I was aware of. First name Greg, set up account under same username here.

Happened to me also, not a big deal though

Rich

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mis-guided child2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LL, I ordered the video last night. I received 2 each emails for "setting up account" ,"an email will be sent" , and "thank you for order" I don't know if it's a glitch? If somehow 2 vids got ordered or what's up.....

I also got 2 emails. My browser crashed at the payment information page so I refreshed and it went through. You can log back into the store and check your order history. Only one order went through on mine so maybe the automated email suffered a few double taps but no harm done. If you double ordered by mistake I'm sure Frank will make it right.

As far as the companion book, yeah I wish I could access it from my computer, but the DVD is what I was after so I don't care. Keep in mind this is Frank's first foray into this kind of media. He mentioned he's working on something else so let's see where this goes over time. So far I'd say it's a pretty good start. Keep the quality content flowin and you'll get my money. I'm already excited for Day 2 and the long-term potential this series has.

I have never had any type of formal training when it comes to shooting. Would the book version in iPads be a good start or is it missing too much and I should just save up and get the DVD. Does the book version have anything the DVD doesn't?

What ae the main differences between the online lessons and the DVD. Have the lessons and like them a lot, but wondering what the DVD has to offer that is different.

Stoney, the iBook is much shorter than the DVD, it's a good starting point but the DVD is better.

Nagy, if you're in the online training I posted a comparison between the relevant lessons. I put up an old vs new for a direct comparison. These are similar in terms of material but new when talking delivery of the material. The online training lessons go back 3 years now, some things have evolved, as well these are much higher quality from what we shot 3 years ago. Naturally things have gotten better.

The online training will be changing in January and the lessons from the DVD will be added to the site, though not 100% of the DVD. The fundamentals will be though. Moving forward the online training will follow a similar format. Those in the online training will have access to a majority of the lessons found here and moving forward as the lessons are shot so they work both ways. Online and via DVD

Thanks lowlight

FYI on the double emails,

This was done on purpose by the cart builder and they offered the following reasons for that:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Since you have "Partners" selling on the site the buyer needs to know they purchased something specific from your site and this happens via a general email called "Order Confirmation". The email will be sent every time someone purchases anything on the site, including from you, since you are also considered a Partner on your site.

This might seem odd at first but when someone buys something from Ashbury (a Partner) they receive a general notice from SH stating that they purchased from your site and a thank you statement. This is the same as Amazon and other e-retailers that aggregate in one cart. Then they receive a second specific email from the Partner selling the product summarizing the order details and provide their contact info for product related issues which might occur.</div></div>

So for those guys who wondered about the two emails, here is the answer.

If you notice the store has companies listed so you can shop via that company. As we move forward and add more products to the cart, this will become clearer. SH is not housing inventory, when you buy a chassis from Ashbury it comes from Ashbury and not SH. So the buyer will know exactly who is selling the item they are purchasing. The dual confirmation is simply a check and balance so everyone knows what is going on.

I view the store as a virtual salesman for our partners and SH Vendors. By putting a window to their inventory here, we are making it easier to find the items you ask for.

First batch of DVDs going out tomorrow, these are everyone up to Saturday's orders.

The guys with SH Targets will get them added together, their discs are in the box, labeled just need to hit Mile High to add in the Targets.

63099_10151354127117953_1857511664_n.jpg

A couple of multiple orders, your stuff is getting boxed separately, too many to fit in the mailer

I just placed my order. Really looking foward to watching and learning. thanks!

I ordered one to check it out! Looks well made, good work LL.
    laugh.gif

Order placed , I look forward to watching/learning !

All the orders up to NOW, are heading out... a batch went out Monday, some Today (mainly those who ordered targets with the DVD) and the latest group of orders will be out tomorrow.

Thanks to everyone who ordered I really appreciate it... well over 100 DVDs sold in a few short days.

More items are being added to the Store from key Hide Vendors, so stop by and check it out if you haven't.

Sniper's Hide Online Shopping

Got mine in the mail today. The patch was an awesome surprise! I had actually been eyeing that one for some time so +1 for that. I'll fire it up after class tonight and follow up later.

Got mine today will be watching it soon.

It just arrived today. The patch was a welcome surprise. Thank you!

Packaged up another block this morning, so I am caught up to orders placed even today...

I want to thank everyone for the orders, it's been super successful, two big boxes of discs arrived and I am already through the first box.

Hope everyone enjoys it and more importantly picks up a tip or two.

I watched mine the other day... VERY good. Not just for beginners.

Good information for everyone, sometimes a different approach might be better then the one you are using.

And THANKS the patch, very cool. Can't wait for the next ones.

So far I watched my dvd twice. I'm a rookie at long range shooting and have learn so much from this sight including Lowlights shooting tips. I really like Day One DVD details Lowlight provides.

So I went straight to practicing the fundamentals he provides. Went out before the rain storm hit to practice prone and the dreaded bipod hop,and shifting to one side I was getting on concrete. The range max is 100 meters and I must say it helped me big time.

10-shot string with my 06 using 185's went 3/4 moa. Also shot 208 amax as well too. Not the best groups, but bipod no longer hops and just recoils rearward...Awesome. Need more practice on trigger control, cause I know its not the rifle, its me..

All the orders prior to today are out, I brought another good size box to the post office this afternoon.

I know quite a few orders came in today, so they will get processed and be out shortly also.

Thanks again to all ... they are flying off the shelf.

Half way thru at the moment . Excellent video , highly recommended !

LL
    Order in for 1 DVD, thanks in advance for the training

Mark

Another big batch of discs went out today, well over 40 DVDs, so I am caught up to Noon today...

The Overseas guys are a little behind as I have to do a few extra steps with customs and they have to be individually processed and there was a line out the door today. But I will get those out asap.

Ordered mine Monday morning and it was in my mailbox yesterday afternoon. Thanks for the ridiculously fast turn around time!
    smile.gif
    I didn't have time to watch it last night, but do this evening.

You have my address? I could use all the shooting tips I can get right now!!
    crazy.gif

Hi lowlight I placed a order on the 11/25 and still have not received the DVD not trying to be impatient but I can't wait!!! Just wondering if I got lost in the shuffle thanks lowlight big fan of the site and all the guys on here very informational. Thanks again.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tnelson81</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hi lowlight I placed a order on the 11/25 and still have not received the DVD not trying to be impatient but I can't wait!!! Just wondering if I got lost in the shuffle thanks lowlight big fan of the site and all the guys on here very informational. Thanks again.</div></div>

PM your Name and Address and I will get a second one out,

All orders received were send out, usually within 24 hours after receiving it. The only delays should be overseas, I was given a 10 day minimum window.

More than likely an underfunded postal issue, but I will get a second one out asap.