• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Bye buddy....

sirhrmechanic

Command Sgt. Major
Minuteman
After a long and happy life, we said goodbye to one of the best cats ever tonite.

YesIamSiamIam... known as Sam. Was with us for 15 years. An awesome dude... even though he was a meterosexual cat. Always working on his nails.

Never easy... but it was his time.

Hey, Sam.... Say hi to Oscar, Peachy, Stu, Denmark, OJ and The Duke for us. They are all waiting for you.

Copy (1) of samsam.jpg
May Photo Shoot 001.jpg

After a long and happy life, we said goodbye to one of the best cats ever tonite.

YesIamSiamIam... known as Sam. Was with us for 15 years. An awesome dude... even though he was a meterosexual cat. Always working on his nails.

Never easy... but it was his time.

Hey, Sam.... Say hi to Oscar, Peachy, Stu, Denmark, OJ and The Duke for us. They are all waiting for you.

View attachment 7006145View attachment 7006146

Sorry for your loss Sir.......Our past and future companions are between owners. We had a cat that terrorized our two miniature American Eskimo dogs, but they were also the best of buddies. They are all together again in a better place. It's tough.......:cry:

Love my pets as if they were children. Sorry for old Sam, I got a few good dogs up there he can kick it with

Sorry to hear that. On the bright side if there is one, 15 years is exceptional amount of time that you had together.

Not going to "like" your post on purpose. Doesn't seem right.

Sorry for the loss of your buddy. I showed the pic of him battling the snake to my Manx . He looked at it like DAMN!

Attachments

• 0117191838b.jpg
    0117191838b.jpg
    173 KB · Views: 19
Sorry for your loss. I had a stray cat that I swore I would never let in the house and lost her about two years ago. She had to be put down because she had congestive heart failure. I only had her about 5 years. She was way older than I had thought. But The Cat was the best cat ever. She was a great friend and a mouse killing machine. It will get better.

Bummer sir, we lost my brothers dog that was older than his marriage this holiday season. RIP Sam and Puck

As a middle aged man it's hard to admit but I just got my first dog ever a little while ago. And I don't want to outlive her. She also fights snakes which is super fun to watch but the cat looks more badass doing it!

Sorry for your loss. We lost a cat that I had rescued as a kitten outside the front door of my office. He was really at death's door. Abandoned and starving. Covered in scabs. Even the vet said, "You really want to save him?" Yep. $1,000 dollars in vet bills and several days later, he was home with us. Several months ago, something was wrong. We could tell "Spike" didn't feel well. Took him to the vet... massive kidney tumors. We had to put him down. First time I ever cried over the loss of a pet. Spike was a cool cat. Had him for about 8 years.

Reactions: jrassy and 1J04
Every time we lose one of our four legged family we swear it will be the last one. Current one is sixteen this year, lost her sister about six years ago. You have our sympathy mate.

We recently had to put down our final pet which was one of our garage cats that became a house cat. We pick up the remains later next week. Losing pets, friends, and family members is hard, but look forward to the bright side because when our number is up and God says it's time, all our loved ones will be waiting for us Upstairs to greet us.

I am so sorry for your loss. Our critters are part of the family and it hurts a lot when they go. It sucks so badly because of how many great things they bring to our lives on a daily basis.

Man I feel for 'ya, that's gotta be tough. My dog and my cat are pretty much everything to me at the end of the day. So sorry.

Reactions: Mwalex
Sorry for your loss. We take care of a feral colony at work and we loose one every once in a while. It's always hard. RIP Sam.

SirHR, I am sorry to hear this. Condolences....

Myself and My Lady have a dog, it is a chihuahua. One of a litter that I'd arranged with it's parents (I had the mother) 12 years ago. My Lady was there at the birth of all the puppies. So to describe the amount of attachment is understandably impossible.

At the same time, there is no stopping 'time',,,, and My Lady also does her 'nurturing and mothering' on the local wildlife. She's been known to feed some of the local rabbits, birds, and even has a (almost) pet squirrel. To say that she cares and dotes is an understatement.

So, the current answer to any pet discussion, and the one-and-only reply to any future pet question is "Fish". It doesn't matter how the question/discussion begins, but the answer is always replied as "Fish".... so we're attempting to amass the infrastructure for a saltwater system. This has been going on for over a year and a half.

Harder to get attached to fish and coral and whatnot..... because I don't want to imagine what this place is going to be like "that day" that you are living now.

So yeah, I get the depth.... and see it here daily. So many here have spoken about 'good cats' and whatnot, but that is something I've yet to personally experience. I'm a dog guy, and any cats that I've been around (owned by others) were just animated fuzzballs to me. Not knocking them, don't get this wrong (anybody) but ya'll have a connection with cats that I haven't had the luxury of experiencing. Dogs now,,,, for security, retrieving, patrolling, herding, checking the perimeter, scrap-disposing, and protection (see what I did there?)... yeah, we like dogs here.

Just don't nobody try to tell this 3 1/2 pound behemoth that it ain't able to take over the world. It has totally taken over My Lady's heart and makes me want to stop time from advancing.

Ergo,,,, "Fish"

Reactions: Barneybdb
Many animals here on the farm including 10 dogs and 7 house cats, maybe 15-20 barn cats I feel you're pain we have to do what's right sometimes and it's gut wrenching but we do it out of love, respect for our little companions that greet us at the door and want nothing more than a lap to sit on, and a little rub.RIP

We love our kittens..............young, or old........it doesn't matter..............they are our friends, our companions, our family........it is always problem when you have to say goodbye to your friends...........

I have lost two of my friends in the last few years.........Betty......2007, died in my lap.........18 years old....Wilma..........2017.......put down.......15 years, diabetic........2 shots a day for almost 3 years...........

They are our friends.............

Sorry for your loss. I have a 13 year old female that shares his color. She had me worried last fall but lots of love and $900 got her well. I was pretty down right then, makes me dread the final day. Prolly cry like a girl baby. RIP Sam!

Sincerest heartfelt condolences. My first pet was a small female seal point Siamese named Sam in 1965, she was a tenacious silver grey squirrel hunter and wonderful companion.

The last 20 years we've treated my dogs as equals in the family, they have full run of the house and furniture and we wouldn't have it any other way. The bond we have with them is priceless and when they pass it's not easy. Thankfully they leave us with wonderful never forgotten memories for the rest of our lives. (y)

I just saw this.
I terribly sorry to hear about Sam. Our pets are parts of our families, and it's always difficult to say goodbye to them.
Sounds like he had a great life.

I've had (a) Cat(s) since I was 4 (now 72) and losing them is never easy. Condolences and sympathy.

My Little Cat (Coppertone) is going on 11, and starting to slow a little. Right now I am very consciously giving her every bit of attention she wants; not anticipating it, but her time is getting short.

She has a huge "Other Cat" (Miss Maddie from Tombstone) and they each think they are The Boss, and both are, Hmmm??? Feline Angst abounds...

Add to this a pair of adolescent kittens imported along with our Daughter's move here, and my attitude is, "OK, girls, you figure it out...".

One thing's certain, we'll not be bored for some time to come.

Greg

Sorry for your loss, Sir!!!! RIP, Sam, Lost my best friend ( My Dog, Darby) 2017 the week before Christmas..... Miss her a lot! Still have my Cat, at least for now, as she's getting up there in years now, too. She is great company for me!!!!! I feel your pain Sir!!!!! We all love our pets, as Best Friends, because they ARE!!!! Idaho-5R

I just saw this. Sorry for you two. Most guys get cats sort of half-heartedly, usually because of a woman and/or kids, and then the damned things weasel into your heart and you can't imagine their absence. I've had a few like that, too. Share my condolences with the missus.

I just saw this. Sorry for you two. Most guys get cats sort of half-heartedly, usually because of a woman and/or kids, and then the damned things weasel into your heart and you can't imagine their absence. I've had a few like that, too. Share my condolences with the missus.

That is exactly what happened to me 16 years ago. Ex brought a tiny kitten home, she jumped into my lap, went to sleep and has been my girl since then. She has cancer and is on borrowed time and it’s a really difficult time.