• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

C&R FFL.. seriously, WTF

Bolo

Apprentice of Disaster
Minuteman
I swear, I've been waiting for my C&R for longer than most have been waiting for their form 1's to get approved. I put in for mine in January, expecting a 4-week turnaround.
Anyone else with a C&R here seeing the same?

FWIW... it's not really "for me"... got a lot of aging relatives and acquaintances that may end up having some exceptional pieces seized or destroyed if they end up in a home or kicking the bucket.

took me 4 months or so when i got mine back in 2012...im assuming they havent got any faster.

Mine took 5 months in 2016. With a friendly sheriff in FL. Can’t want to do my re-up in a couple years in Chicago 😬

Last edited:
Welp, good to know I'm not nuts, the ATF website was full of shit. Hey, it *is* a day that ends in Y, so I probably shouldn't have expected anything different.

Ugh, sorry man. Yeah, from Jan to Jul I’d think you should’ve heard something by now.

I got mine recently, took about 6-7 weeks. If it's been since January, I'd bet something is fucked up.

I swear, I've been waiting for my C&R for longer than most have been waiting for their form 1's to get approved. I put in for mine in January, expecting a 4-week turnaround.
Anyone else with a C&R here seeing the same?

FWIW... it's not really "for me"... got a lot of aging relatives and acquaintances that may end up having some exceptional pieces seized or destroyed if they end up in a home or kicking the bucket.

whats a C&R

Call or contact the.when I originally got mine. It got lost in the mail and when I called they told me the date it was sent and they would resend it.

Reactions: Bolo
you know they are doing it on purpose just to screw with you . they knew it would make you mad and they did not care ha ha ha ha .call em up and give them a piece of your mind i am positive that will move you paper to the front of what ever line .
this won't make the wait any easier or faster but may help in the future and its sort of catchy

• Haha
Reactions: Bolo
whats a C&R
Type 3 FFL... lets you buy any gun over 50 years old (except NFA-restricted, like a machine gun), or a gun considered a "curiosity"- like special limited-release variants, even though they're new manufacture. No need to involve a Type 1/2 FFL-holding business (or pay transfer fees) and you keep your own books. Super useful if you live in a state that doesn't allow direct person-to-person sales and requires an FFL to change ownership.

Reactions: Sniperwannabee