• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Cabelas Ashbury Saber M700 build

What stock for APO Saber M700?

• Keep CTR with Riser

• Upgrade to Saber Tass

• Upgrade to Luth AR MBA

• Upgrade to LMT 5.56 DMR

• Other

• MDT - Skeleton Carbine Stock

Results are only viewable after voting.
Black guns bore me so...

Attachments

• IMAG1019.jpg
    IMAG1019.jpg
    404.9 KB · Views: 126
Reactions: MADMATZ
Instead of drilling into the chassis how about rotating the handguard 90 and just using a mlok arca rail

Instead of drilling into the chassis how about rotating the handguard 90 and just using a mlok arca rail

You cant rotate the hand guard, it is permanently attached with epoxy. The screws are just for initial alignment and cosmetics.

That said i just shot 250 rounds over the past 3 days and the Arca using the lug hole and the mloks available was rock solid. Even with 225lbs loading the bipod.

I’m giving props to MADMATZ. Looks like I’ll be having one of these in my possession soon. Wife doesn’t know it yet but she won’t care.

@Weatherby_Eyebrow are you still only using the mlok and swivel stud for the arca rail attachment? How's it holding up? Did you end up drilling into the handguard for another attachment point?

Last edited:
@Weatherby_Eyebrow are you still only using the mlok and swivel stud for the arca rail attachment? How's it holding up? Did you end up drilling into the handguard for another attachment point?

Yes i ran it for 3 days ~ 350 rounds at the July Mile High Class no issues, not a budge. As much as i would like to blame equipment for my inability to shoot!

Hey guys i thought this would be helpful for those of you that own or want to own one of the SABER M700 or a Sniper's Hide Base Rifle. Some updates on what we are seeing for velocities on on the Sniper's Hide Training rifle Base model/ SABER M700, both .308win and 6.5CM with the Peterson Loaded Sniper's Hide addition ammo and a few other ammo companies below is what we have been seeing. Keep in mind at each rifle will be different so make sure to go out and check different ammo's for accuracy/velocity to get solid baseline data for your rifle allowing you to creating your dope/range cards. Please note the improved performance in 6.5CM with the Peterson Ammo it is quite impressive...

• Peterson Precision Ammo 175gr Tipped Match King APO is using to test accuracy on all sniper's hide .308win rifles AV 2550fps
    • Pre barrel brake in and post barrel brake in we are seeing them range 2550fps-2630fps.
  • Peterson Precision Ammo 168gr Tipped Match King .308win AV 2800fps.

• **Peterson Precision Ammo 140gr ELD-M APO is using to test accuracy on all sniper's hide 6.5CM rifles **AV 2840fps **
  • Pre barrel brake in and post barrel brake in we are seeing them range 2790fps-2840fps.
  • Peterson Precision Ammo 142gr SMKAV 2800fps
  • Peterson Precision Ammo 147gr ELDAV 2650fps

• American Eagle 6.5CM 140gr OTM AV 2800fps
  • Federal Gold Medal Match 130gr Berger Hybrid AV 2920fps
  • Federal Gold Medal Match 140gr SMK AV 2875fps

• Hornady 6.5CM 140gr ELD MatchAV 2775fps
  • Hornady 6.5CM 147gr ELD Match AV 2650

• More to follow..

Keep you eyes open for the fall sales coming up!!

Picking up my rifle in a few hours.

@MADMATZ I couldn’t find the brake from the SH rifle on your site. I would have added it to my order if I could have. Any link or cost you could post here? Actually the website leaves a little to be desired, needs some updating unless there’s too many options to put on the web?

Reactions: MADMATZ
Picking up my rifle in a few hours.

@MADMATZ I couldn’t find the brake from the SH rifle on your site. I would have added it to my order if I could have. Any link or cost you could post here? Actually the website leaves a little to be desired, needs some updating unless there’s too many options to put on the web?

Yes we are working to update our web store to include the new muzzle brakes. Some new items will be added in the next few weeks. As soon as our IT web guys let me know, i will post up the link. Happy shooting and enjoy the new rifle!

Going to need a different stock or rings because a 1.5” mount is too high for anything but a chin weld LOL. I knew this going in though. I’ll adjust the trigger next. Hopefully I’ll be able to hobble to the range and get some trigger time in before October.

C741F2D3-5F30-4CEB-ACAD-F0587E9F695C.jpeg
C9A957C3-9B6F-488A-8571-5408E7F8AA62.jpeg

Going to need a different stock or rings because a 1.5” mount is too high for anything but a chin weld LOL. I knew this going in though. I’ll adjust the trigger next. Hopefully I’ll be able to hobble to the range and get some trigger time in before October.

View attachment 7135726View attachment 7135727

I really like the XLR Tactical stock I put on mine, very adjustable and comfortable. I like the look and push button adjustments of the APO stocks I could not justify the price. I'm just going to use the buffer tube and CTR that I took off the rifle as justification to build a new AR.

I really like the XLR Tactical stock I put on mine, very adjustable and comfortable. I like the look and push button adjustments of the APO stocks I could not justify the price. I'm just going to use the buffer tube and CTR that I took off the rifle as justification to build a new AR.

I took some stiff foam that’s 1/2” thick from my reloading room and laid it on the stock. Seems to be just right. Just need to secure it and I’m ready. Either adhesive or duct tape.

Reactions: Weatherby_Eyebrow
Probably opening an old wound, but APO Cabelas rifles are on sale again for $800.

Picked one up at Cabelas for for $699 (20" 308 "limited stock") today. Time to order a Triggertech and looking at stocks. I tried looking for the full length scope base/ rail but Ashbury's site seems to be in a bit of flux. Has anyone been able to get one of those? I plan to use a PVS-22 with the set up.

I too pick one up at cabelas. Doesn’t look lime there a single through their sight anymore. Waiting to get glass for it and then start shooting. Good comments earlier even though it is an old thread regarding stock replacement.

Picked one up at Cabelas for for $699 (20" 308 "limited stock") today. Time to order a Triggertech and looking at stocks. I tried looking for the full length scope base/ rail but Ashbury's site seems to be in a bit of flux. Has anyone been able to get one of those? I plan to use a PVS-22 with the set up.

good luck on the full length rail. They make these in house and are quite backed up right now ( and with shot coming up). Mines be on order a couple of months now.. Also if you do the full rail you will need a stock with a good bit of cheek adjustment. They also make their own luth ar cheek riser for the full length rail. maybe if a bunch of guys from this thread order a bunch they will go ahead and knock em out.

good luck on the full length rail. They make these in house and are quite backed up right now ( and with shot coming up). Mines be on order a couple of months now.. Also if you do the full rail you will need a stock with a good bit of cheek adjustment. They also make their own luth ar cheek riser for the full length rail. maybe if a bunch of guys from this thread order a bunch they will go ahead and knock em out.

Thanks, I'll likely just do a receiver rail for the moment and trade it out later.

Measure the receiver rail before you buy it... if it is too long it will hit the hand guard and you won't be able to install it.
Ask me how I know : )
DW

I just found out today that won't be a problem for me. They cancelled my order because they don't have a live inventory and the warehouse updates the "in stock" numbers when they go check the stock. I am SOL and Cabelas was only willing to give me a mediocre discount on another rifle I didn't want.

According to Cabelas, Asbury had them liquadate all of their rifles and they are no longer going to be carrying them. Is Ashbury having problems? I'm going to Shot, maybe I'll finding something interesting there.