• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Cadex Field Competition Fixed Chassis to Folding Conversion

ESBVader

Total Noob
Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 12, 2018
NC
I poked around with this for a while after calling Cadex and being told there's not an option they sell to convert the fixed Field Competition to a folding chassis. I took a look at several folding stock adapters like MDT, Law Tactical, etc. and settled on the Law Tactical. I would have loved the MDT one or two way locking, but the Field Competition would have required their Fixed to Fixed option. The current version of that adapter does not have the "puck" which would be required for this chassis but instead has a threaded through hole that is primarily applicable for their chassis system.

That being said, the Law Tactical is a bit more expensive but worked out very well and simply. I liked the QD mount on the bottom of it as well so it can be carried by sling while folded.

So if anyone is wondering, the Law Tactical adapter worked perfectly and is absolutely rigid. No movement at all once the hinge pin was tightened.

20191016-112418.jpg

20191016-112432.jpg

How is the lock up? Any play worth mentioning? I really like the looks of your rifle.

Reactions: ESBVader
No play at all after tightening the pivot screw. Locks up as solid as my AX chassis's.

Actually, I can't recall which particular folder I used. It would have been the most current model at the time, assuming there were multiple versions.

I did find that the release on the adapter was uncomfortable when gripping the chassis and ended up switching to an MDT folding adapter. It took a little work to fit it, but felt much better in when gripping.