• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Caldwell Lead Sled vs Fire Control full length rifle rests

Bdockter

Brad
Minuteman
Jul 10, 2013
Minnesota
Curious if any one has used either of these rests for sighting in or working up loads. I already know the main differences between the two. I'm just curious if any of you have had any experience with either of these rests. The 360 degree arm is a neat feature on the Fire Control, but I'm not sure if it's with the extra cash. I'm not worried about recoil. I'm mainly getting this for a solid rifle rest. The Lead Sled has nothing but great reviews it seems, and the Fire Control seems to have some bad reviews. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide! Also any other suggestions are welcome. I'd like to spend $500 or less on the rest. THANKS!

Side note, I'm not competing or anything, just looking for the best system to see what kind of groups I can get with my rifles.

I own the led sled, but I have actually switched to using the Caldwell Rock BR. If you don't have front bipod it works great. Then I just use a rear bag. I don't know what kind of setup you mean to use it on. The lead sled will work, I just got tired of carrying it around. So I moved to something a little more portable.

Ok thanks. Just saw the Lead Sled FXC, seems like they combined the two designs. I have a Harris bipod, but I've never used a bag with it. I haven't been able to hold it that still. So I was looking at a rest. Can you hold it just as still with a bi pod and a sand bag, as you can in the lead sled?

I used there lead sled dft to run ladder tests on my 110 ba a couple days ago. It's rock solid. I strapped the rifle in. The adjustments were easy to use for getting on target. I was at 55x magnification. It requires a little shooter input to stay perfectly centered and not hop but not much. And not alot of jiggle which is pretty amazing given the magnification

My accuracy node was .5 grains apart and the bullets were touching at 330 yds. Doesn't get much better than that.

Be aware they make a plastic version but it won't handle the weight o center fire rifles. Get the metal version.