• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Cameraland NY

DarnYankeeUSMC

McCarthy Was Right
Minuteman
  • Mar 18, 2012
    In your head
    I made a purchase with this company last week. They were fantastic to deal with. Knowledgeable staff and very helpful with questions. They called me to say my credit card was denied and when they entered a second card it was also denied, they were very understanding. I called my credit card and they told me all my cards were frozen by fraud detection. They said because I had made a gas purchase in TN an hour earlier that a purchase in NY was out of the norm. I confirmed the purchase and they unfroze my credit. I called the guys at Cameraland back and everything went thru. I received my scopes within a couple days. I will do business with them again. Thank You to the guys at Cameraland.

Yeah, pretty good bunch of guys there. Bought a Razor there couple weeks ago myself, congrats on the new purchase!

Good people there. I got my tracking number not even an hour after placing my order online. Will purchase from them again!

Not only are they great to deal with, they've been in business a long time, they are not "the new guys", good chance they'll be there if you ever need them in the future. Not just for "sporting optics", check out the rest of their offering. I 've done a lot of business with them, all of it, without exception, exceeded my expectation.

I have bought several optics from them and my brother as well. I will NOT buy another product from them and discourage anyone take your business else where. I have purchased a Leica 1600, Zeiss rangefinder, 2 Vortex pst 6x24, a vortex rangefinder (junk) and one 4.5 x14 Conquest that I had for about 2 weeks before I was able to mount it and I found out it was not tracking accurately. I called Camerland and Neil told me I had to send it to Zeiss and that he would not replace it with another scope bc I mounted it. How can you tell if it tracks without mounting it???? It's been 28 weeks and I am still waiting for my scope. I am done with Camerland and done with Zeiss. I can and will prove ALL statements made if asked.
    Stiller

I bought a vortex from them a couple of weeks ago. It was a demo model marked down at an incredible price. It is flawless and they were a pleasure to deal with. Processed and shipped my order very quickly. I will definitely order from them again.

I have bought several optics from them and my brother as well. I will NOT buy another product from them and discourage anyone take your business else where. I have purchased a Leica 1600, Zeiss rangefinder, 2 Vortex pst 6x24, a vortex rangefinder (junk) and one 4.5 x14 Conquest that I had for about 2 weeks before I was able to mount it and I found out it was not tracking accurately. I called Camerland and Neil told me I had to send it to Zeiss and that he would not replace it with another scope bc I mounted it. How can you tell if it tracks without mounting it???? It's been 28 weeks and I am still waiting for my scope. I am done with Camerland and done with Zeiss. I can and will prove ALL statements made if asked.
    Stiller

I seriously doubt ANY vendor will take back a mounted scope, once it's mounted it's used.

Stiller

Nobody will take a scope back thats mounted. Its Zeiss not Cameraland. Can't please everyone but your the only person who has an issue with them. Ive been dealing with Doug for 14 years now.

Just bought a Vortex Crossfire for my .243 hunting rifle. I bought it yesterday and it arrived at my home in PA today. Can't beat that. The packing slip has Doug's name on it. Very good service and shipping. I would buy again.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Wondering if they have any 2nd Gen Vortex in stock yet?

Pm'd them 6/27/14 to ask if they had any.
    Got an answer right away.
    Called to place the order right then. It is in my hands today 7/3/14.

No idea what the company policy is but the receipt shows I was charged below "street price" and wasn't charged for shipping.

I would order from them again.

I mentioned this in a thread on the Gen2 4.5X27.... The color is different than any other scope I've ever seen. Looks like a Hersey's Chocolate Bar.

photo 1.jpgphoto 4.jpg

Last edited:
    Ordered a zeiss photoscope from them and two days later I had it in hand, might add I paid $2500 new not a demo from them where many others are still at msrp of over 6k. Doug treated me right and love the glass.