• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Can only keep one

BAMCIS

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Jul 26, 2006
    CO
    I have a choice,,,Armscorp NM M14 with Sadlak scope mount. OR Winchester M70 McMillian A4 blind magazine .308, Badger rail.
    I can only keep one,,,,,,

Re: Can only keep one

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Phylodog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bye-bye Armscorp.... </div></div>

This^^^^

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 7mmRM</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Phylodog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bye-bye Armscorp.... </div></div>

This^^^^ </div></div>

This one is easy.

That is true too... the M14 might be more handy in an urban firefight.
    wink.gif

First I would look around and try to find somthing else to go.
    I thinned out my 3 dirtbikes (1-go kart now) the 4 wheeler. and some other items sitting around. If I had to chose the rifle.
    Keep the M1A Armscorp.
    Reason being that semi-autos are rising in the price market.. and you can replace a bolt gun later on.. Maybe go to a full custom of your build choice. Hang onto the semi-SHTF!!!
    Hard choice.
    George of the Jungle

keep the semi. bolt guns are easy to get. you can do almost everything you need to do with a decent semi. plus like others have said that semi might be unobtainable in the future. if i could only have one rifle in .308 it would be a M1A...i happen to own a POF P308 currently but that Super Match that was for sale a few days ago here was speaking to me big time...lol.

keep the semi, have 6-10 mags. you're good to go.

--KJ

I'd be interested in your m-14 pending price and where in CO you are... I'm just north of you in Cheyenne.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BAMCIS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a choice,,,Armscorp NM M14 with Sadlak scope mount. OR Winchester M70 McMillian A4 blind magazine .308, Badger rail.
    I can only keep one,,,,,, </div></div>

Whoever is making you sell one deserves a good hard spanking.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KJDrake</div><div class="ubbcode-body">keep the semi. bolt guns are easy to get.</div></div>

That's kind of what I was getting at.

I love my 700, but I purchased an AR-10 lower last year before the buying mania. I figure it will be on the "evil ban" list before Grandpa Joe's hunting rifle.

However, life is short. Keep what you enjoy if you can only keep one.

Me? I would sell off anything else of value before I would part with one of my rifles especially in the current political climate.

I agree with those suggesting that you sell other things and keep both your rifles (if it's money that's the issue).

In the political climate of today, having to choose which rifle to sell (without replacing it with something better) is like asking "which testicle should I keep, the right one or the left one?".

If for whatever reason you have to let one go, I'd keep the M14 semi. It could very well be much more difficult to replace than the bolt gun. In any event, not a good place to find yourself. It seems offering my condolences is in order... ;-)

Pre '64 model 70? Keep it. Or sell it for top dollar! Not a pre 64 model 70? Sell it and keep the NM M14. The M14 is a lot more versatile if SHTF.

Tough decision, no doubt... if you indeed HAVE to get rid of one, like others before me have stated with the political climate right now, I'd keep the NM M14. Might not be an option to replace that one in the near future. That being said, the M70 sounds like a nice rifle as well, and I'd try my damnedest to keep both of them if it meant selling other stuff to justify it!

Here's what's up,,
    Laid-off,but that's not the real problem.
    I'm just trying to get back to basics,thinning out.
    I shot my 3,, .22s alot more,as well as my Winchester M1 Garand.
    Planning on getting back into High power,,for that I have my AR 15.
    The AR has a freefloated barrel 1:7. The Garand I use in John C Garand matches, when I can go.
    The Winchester M70, is just getting finished up.

Thanks to all, but writing this out and reading the post from every one helped.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kyshooter338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">keep the winchester! </div></div>
    That's what I'm doing,though not for the posts here.
    I've had a love/hate affair with semi .308s
    3,HK91s,,3,M14s,2 FALs,,,,enough is enough,,,
    I'm a recovering battlerifleaholic
    frown.gif

edit thanks everyone,,just writing it out helped too