• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PRS Talk Can we stop shooting offhand in PRS?

I only shoot club matches and I haven’t encountered an offhand stage yet. When I do, I’ll just skip the stage. I’m there to plink, not compete, and I don’t think I could do it with my 3 spinal surgeries. Certainly not safely.

Open is certainly easier than planning a Limited rifle

and in my opinion, based on previous experience in this space, Open will be regarded as the Top Level and the Limited Division would be considered a second-tier, it will become an afterthought that gets very little discussion, so the Limited guys who want recognition will have to move to Open Division in order to find that recognition.

Youre a fucking asshole too

You think... keep proving my points, post after post, deflect, change the subject,

This is not about handgun matches, and using shorthand should not take away from the main points, which you clearly don't understand
Uhhh.. Alrighty then.
Pretty sure you're reading something between the lines that isn't there.

FWIW, the tension you precision rifle guys are seeing in matches between the gamers and the tactical guys is not unique. Every other shooting sport has it. Hell even clay shooters have the $15k over under clay breaking guys vs. the Rem 870 faction that believes it should all be about duck hunting practice.

Maybe look into the split off from USPSA that created IDPA, because the jersey guys and the plate carrier/camo guys will never agree. You can have one sanctioning body that clearly caters to the guys that want to train for combat and another geared towards guys that want to play a game. People will vote with attendance numbers and if one style of match cannibalizes the other then I guess you have your answer as to what people really want.

This is like when you're drinking in your fire teams barracks room and the play wresting and shit talking got too real and now there's bloody lips and headlock hair and everyones butthurt with each other but they're still trying to play it off like they're not mad ?

Awkward....

This is the most accurate thing in the entire thread!!!! But we're not really mad...…..

Reactions: davere
If you don't find a 20lb rifle too heavy then clearly you haven't carried one longer or farther than a little stroll to the next shooting stage.

Well... I’m A PRS shooter, in a thread discussing shooting off hand in PRS...and literally started my comment with “for purposes of off hand shooting”

I didn’t say, a 20lb rifle isn’t too heavy for ruck matches did I? Alas, this is the Internet and there will always be someone who removes context to try and prove a point.

I'm just here to stir the pot lol

Hate offhand, type less shoot more.

Someone mentioned having to shoot off an exercise ball and how stupid that is.
Boom, my ball is now in my basement for dry fire practice in case I see that or something similar.
Got a zero on a stage, go home build the prop and practice.

It does not say practical rifle series. Its a game, have fun.

Reactions: delfuego
I'm just here to stir the pot lol

Hate offhand, type less shoot more.

Someone mentioned having to shoot off an exercise ball and how stupid that is.
Boom, my ball is now in my basement for dry fire practice in case I see that or something similar.
Got a zero on a stage, go home build the prop and practice.

It does not say practical rifle series. Its a game, have fun.
Legend has it that Michael Jordan would stay after the game had finished. When everyone had showered and gone home, he would stay to make ten successful shots from every position he missed from during the game.

I'm sure there's a poster in an office somewhere that says something to this effect, but talent is only 10% (maybe even less) of success. At the end of the day, you have to put in the work.

25+lb 6mm rifles, 4 bags, tripods, etc. there's nothing "Practical" about PRS anymore, might as well shoot them offhand.