• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Can you identify this flash hider??

MOOSEKNUCKLE

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 10, 2009
Ohio
Got a freebie from a friend to put on my 300 Blackout build. Im not sure how to time it. Three large slots on each side, but the drilled holes are off set. There is a small hole for pinning. I put the pin hole at the 6:00 position. Is this thing on right??

photo1_zps16b6e1dd.jpg

Re: Can you identify this flash hider??

It looks like a POF muzzle brake. Mine came with a collar for timing as well. Works great but I am using a flash suppressor as I didn't want a brake on my .223. here is the link.

http://www.pof-usa.com/shop/index.php?id_product=15&controller=product

And yes, you have it mounted correctly. If you are not pinning it lock it on tight with Rockset or it will loosen up on your rifle and rotate.

Thanks for the help. He does have .223 and .308 POFs so that is probably what its off of. How hard is it to remove with rockset on it???

rockset is a bitch plan on doing damage to the muzzle break/flashider to get it off and thats if you have a barrel vise
and that looks like a pof minus the collar

Removing Rocksett - If you search and read, people will either say piece of cake or pain in the ___.

If Rocksett is applied as designed (clean threads, only a couple drops), it will come off easily with a good wrench. If needed, the recommended removal method is to soak the Rockestted part in water for 24 hours.

If it is overapplied or to uncleaned threads, it may be a different story.

Yes heat will work well to get it off. But don't use too much add it slowly! and if you can get your hands on an AR upper vice it would be even better.