• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Caning

Don-n-Texas

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 17, 2011
Houston now in Denton County
The invisible scars left by strikes of the cane
Two young Germans, convicted of vandalism after being caught spraying paint on trains in Singapore, are to be caned and imprisoned. How badly does such punishment hurt? Moreover, what is the nature of the pain?

Singapore is known for its strict laws. Even minor offenses like eating or drinking on public transport carry penalties that are almost unthinkable for the Western mind - well over 3,000 euros ($3,300).

Other crimes are punished far more severely in the authoritarian state. Vandalism can land you in prison for three years, accompanied by up to eight strikes of the cane on your naked behind.

As draconian as this process appears (Draco was a Greek law scribe infamous for his disproportionately harsh punishments), it is also rigidly regulated, dating back to British colonial rule. While Great Britain abolished the penalty of caning in 1948, however, many former colonies didn't.

Multifarious pain

In Singapore, the cane has to be 120 centimeters long, 13 millimeters thick and extremely elastic. The person caning has been trained to induce as much pain as possible; a velocity of 160 kilometers per hour can be reached. Three strikes is generally all it takes to pierce the skin (which is moistened to avoid slivering), and scarring almost always ensues.

Victims of caning are also forced to endure psychological distress, and this is often overlooked.

"Often, they aren't told when they will receive their punishment," said Jan Kizilhan, professor of psychology in Villingen-Schwenningen. "This causes insomnia, panic attacks and cold sweats, and can develop into feelings of shame that accompany deep humiliation."

Most often, the punishment is carried out during the first third of the prison term, which means the convicted Germans will most likely receive their strikes within the next months. "The strikes themselves are often the easiest part," Kizilhan surmised, explaining that the emotional stress building up to the punishment reaches a climax and diminishes once carried out.

Yet, once the strikes have been administered, the most difficult phase often comes a few days later, said Kizilhan: "The humiliating memories are burned into the mind, and this leads to a feeling of powerlessness. These people are put on display in public," which can ultimately result in a loss of faith in other people
Widespread practice

More than 2500 people were caned in Singapore in 2012; almost half were illegal immigrants. But it's not only Singapore that condones corporal punishment. In neighboring Malaysia, Indonesia and Brunei, both caning and whipping are utilized.

In the Arab world, even more drastic punishments are carried out. A recent case in Saudi Arabia that has been covered around the world concerns the blogger Raif Badawi, who was sentenced to 1000 lashes and 10 years in prison for subversion.

In Yemen, the United Arab Emirates and Qatar, whippings and beatings are common practice, just like in Iran, Pakistan and Afghanistan. In Africa, similar forms of official punishment have been documented in Somalia, Sudan, Nigeria and Tanzania.

Despite an internationally recognized charter, the 1948 Universal Declaration of Human Rights that explicitly prohibits "cruel, abnormal and degrading forms of punishment," these countries have found a legal loophole. Punishment can only be considered torture when the pain derives from an act that contravenes the law in the jurisdiction where it is carried out.

In other words, torture is only torture when it's against local law, not universal
young Germans, convicted of vandalism after being caught spraying paint on trains in Singapore, are to be caned and imprisoned. How badly does such punishment hurt? Moreover, what is the nature of the pain?

Last edited:
I got arrested one time in Singapore for six or so hours. I had a machete in my pack that I'd carried through a couple dozen tropical countries without problem. They said I was there to head hunt brown people.

Every hour an increasingly large and scary man would come into my cell and ask why I wanted to head hunt. I always replied that it was for cutting coconuts. Finally a huge guy told me that today I very lucky. He see me again I not so lucky.

I did get a receipt for my seized machate and have it framed. Between each round of questions all I could think about was the public cane whooping I'd receive. When I met back up with the 18 year old european girl I'd just started hanging out with, she was covered in mascara. The sex was incredible that night.

Never been caned so I don't know how it feels I have seen videos of it and it looks like the women can take it without any problems also looks like a hard spanking. Dr. Lomp has a series of videos on the subject.....

from everything ive heard about caning.....its used more as a form of "public humiliation" than it is a "corporal punishment".

from the videos ive seen, the cane lashes are pretty weak...certainly not the "kunta kinte"-esq whippings youd expect.

• Haha
Reactions: Sean the Nailer
I join this rather late, and look at this from a legal side in that this Singapore caning is being considered a deterrent, yet offenders are returning on a frequent scale particularly in the drugs area. The Authorities said that caning is not the punishment and the jail sentence is...but in two reports by the District Court an offender who was supposed to be caned along with his prison sentence was given two months extra in lieu of the caning? which indeed contradicts this. Also, the caning is within the legal scope of Grievous Bodily Harm, punishable by jail, and in their penal codes they actually have a GBH offence where ironically they have a mandatory caning attached....yet, the authorities commit the same act...they also quoted that caning was only for offences that contained 'hurt' to a person or assault during a robbery, yet they cane overstayers etc, and in the case of a young man who stupidly enjoyed drugs, gave him 24 of the cane and 20 years, which again did not have the element of 'hurt'...which shows that there is something deeply wrong about caning judicially, and suggests it is rather perverse...especially as they run trips for schoolboys to the Changi Prison so they can look at the cane and the A-Frame (or Trestle as they call it) Caning is still in their Secondary Schools for all boys of 12 to 18. I came across a site www.welcometosingaporeperversity.com which was very informative and packed with critical sketches..and tried to have a conversation with the Home Affairs official who oversee the caning regime, and he wouldn't get off his high horse, nor would he explain why prisoners who misbehaved were also caned every week with up to 12 strokes given at full strength which the court requires at trial sentences. Their biggest claim backing caning is that it protects the citizens? and makes Singapore safe? so if that were true why isn't every country keeping caning on the law books for 16yr olds to 50yr olds when they commit a crime or misbehave!

Meh! I prefer the ballpein hammer myself!

I have a buddy that used to ride with some guys who preferred that. He has some rather interesting stories about the marks it is possible to leave on the forehead of someone trying to cause you harm.

About the only thing I can say to this necro-thread is:

"climb up on my shoulder and I'll burp you, you big baby".

This because I'm told that it isn't 'fashionable' to simply say "get the hell outta here with that sniveling bullshit". Just joined today, to bring back that thread and leave the link?

My, but how we've fallen.

Reactions: Redmanss
One of the terrible "scars" of caning a loser is that he won't want to do it again. so when a rich, entitled loser from America or Europe goes to Singapore and disrespects their society they usually only misbehave once and then they stay out of the country forever.

I'm okay with it, we should do this in America for shoplifting and other crimes no one wants to go to jail for.

One of the terrible "scars" of caning a loser is that he won't want to do it again. so when a rich, entitled loser from America or Europe goes to Singapore and disrespects their society they usually only misbehave once and then they stay out of the country forever.

I'm okay with it, we should do this in America for shoplifting and other crimes no one wants to go to jail for.
We used to use the stocks and the pillory to punish wrongdoers for a few hours or so. Bring 'em back.

Reactions: Sean the Nailer
Sooo. Back to “spotting nation state accounts.”

Zombie thread on something rarely discussed comes back up.

Poster has 1 post count. Is from out-country. Drops off a strange post and runs.

Now the question is are they provoking a response or a counter response? What’s the paid narrative being advanced here?

Discuss :)

IMO- It should be done for first offense property crimes. After that you go to prison at forced hard labor. Refuse to work, you get caned, and sit out that day.
not sure if true or just a lesson but when i was in school i was told that in ancient times, if they caught a delinquent doing something bad, they would take the entire family outside the city walls and stone them all.

they didn't have a big problem with delinquents.

Didn't David Allen Coe write a song about this , something about whips and things and being in to pain ?

Necro’d a year and half old thread and his grammar and punctuation are “perfect”.....

What’s not to like ?.............
didn't notice, but i rarely read walls of text.

anyway, i have always been of the mind that if the penalties are known to the offender, the offender chooses his own punishment.
this is why i don't feel that the death penalty is murder, but closer to suicide. their choice to commit the crime (and penalty if caught).

i suppose maybe this means i might be sympathetic to travelers or tourists, but i am not because it is up to them to know the local laws.

Before going to Singapore in the early 70’s the Navy really stuck it in your ears , that Singapore don’t play games. If you fuck up , especially with drugs that you were on your own. Hell they get pissy about chewing gum !
A shipmate and friend didn’t listen to them very well. He scored some pure smack , split a hotel room with 4 other Sailors. Did a little trial snort in the head ( bath room) , didn’t make it out. Dead as can be. He was a ABH2 , been in 5 yrs. Was getting out in less than 2 weeks. Heard later they busted some locals that sold it to him. Both got death , skip the cane.

• Sad
Reactions: theLBC
I remember my grandfather. The first time i really got in trouble he told me he was going to whip me. Then he sent me to find my switch. Being a kid i thought a small skinny stick would hurt less. So i cut a thin china berry tree and brought it back, he said now trim all the little off shoots off and peel the bark off. Over about an hour period i felt that creeping sense of fear and anticipation as i made my own punishment device. As a kid, i knew i deserved what was coming, but the waiting and extra steps really ground in that this was unpleasant. My granfather never really had to whip me again after that.

I remember my grandfather. The first time i really got in trouble he told me he was going to whip me. Then he sent me to find my switch. Being a kid i thought a small skinny stick would hurt less. So i cut a thin china berry tree and brought it back, he said now trim all the little off shoots off and peel the bark off. Over about an hour period i felt that creeping sense of fear and anticipation as i made my own punishment device. As a kid, i knew i deserved what was coming, but the waiting and extra steps really ground in that this was unpleasant. My granfather never really had to whip me again after that.
my mom made my older sisters go get something to hit us with, lol.
typically it was a yardstick that would break before producing any real pain.
the real punishment came when dad got home, and usually not for what we did, but for making our mom angry.

i'll give you something to cry about... :ROFLMAO:

my mom made my older sisters go get something to hit us with, lol.
typically it was a yardstick that would break before producing any real pain.
the real punishment came when dad got home, and usually not for what we did, but for making our mom angry.

i'll give you something to cry about... :ROFLMAO:
My mom was fond of the wire fly swatter handle lol. I remember being in pain and getting hit and still thinking she just grabs the end with fly guts on it and goes to town. You could hear it zkeeee thru the air each swing.... people would say its child abuse these days, but i turned out ok...ish. cut to later in life and me and my 14 year old step son are sitting on the couch watching tv. Im cleaning my carry pistol at the time a .32 walther copy, think it was czeck maybe? Anyways my stepson is talking crap jokingly and im talking crap back, and i get the pistol back together and hold it up at one point like im gonna do something with this, and without missing a beat he says what are you gonna do with that? Theres not even any bullets in it, so i smacked him on the knee with it...few weeks later with pride i watched him smack his brother with an empty airsoft pistol right in the face instead of just getting shot lol. Pain is a good teacher imho...

• Haha
Reactions: theLBC
Contrary to the present day administration’s belief, our Amendments are not up for interpretation, and caning very much violates the 8th Amendment. It’s leftover English bullshit punishment that we fought and won two wars to get away from.

Down with the Queen and King.

Reactions: Blutroop
My mom was fond of the wire fly swatter handle lol. I remember being in pain and getting hit and still thinking she just grabs the end with fly guts on it and goes to town. You could hear it zkeeee thru the air each swing.... people would say its child abuse these days, but i turned out ok...ish. cut to later in life and me and my 14 year old step son are sitting on the couch watching tv. Im cleaning my carry pistol at the time a .32 walther copy, think it was czeck maybe? Anyways my stepson is talking crap jokingly and im talking crap back, and i get the pistol back together and hold it up at one point like im gonna do something with this, and without missing a beat he says what are you gonna do with that? Theres not even any bullets in it, so i smacked him on the knee with it...few weeks later with pride i watched him smack his brother with an empty airsoft pistol right in the face instead of just getting shot lol. Pain is a good teacher imho...
i think i pretty well deserved most of the spankings i got, and like you would expect, they didn't happen often.
my dad only used his hand, but he had huge forearms and hands (from pulling tuna nets or long pole fishing).
these huge hands got hard from solvents he was working with all day as a mechanic (before everyone wore gloves).

i think i pretty well deserved most of the spankings i got, and like you would expect, they didn't happen often.
my dad only used his hand, but he had huge forearms and hands (from pulling tuna nets or long pole fishing).
these huge hands got hard from solvents he was working with all day as a mechanic (before everyone wore gloves).

We have similar fathers. I know the pain of the varsol spanking lol.

We have similar fathers. I know the pain of the varsol spanking lol.
hahaha, it seemed like he had cracks in his skin 1/8" deep, but didn't get to where there was any blood flow.
me on the other hand, got skinny faggot fingers. good for fine control but crappy for punching people.

hahaha, it seemed like he had cracks in his skin 1/8" deep, but didn't get to where there was any blood flow.
me on the other hand, got skinny faggot fingers. good for fine control but crappy for punching people.
My dad got me into helping his new company venture he made when we were kids one summer. He was recoring compressor station radiators, a kid, you wanna be like your dad, so there he is grabbing and throwing aluminum finned rods bare handed like a boss, and here i am with full on slices thru mine everywhich way lol. Monkey blood is all i remember... pain and the smell of iodine lol. I still dont wear gloves and openly refer to them as bitch mittens.

I think you and texasflyer might be brothers I didn't know I had! Dad traveled a lot when I was growing up and there was always plenty of 'just wait till your father gets home' while he was away. I'd take mom's wooden spoons over Dad's grizzly paws any day.

Don't remember my granddad disciplining us too often, but the few times that he did, it was creative and wasn't needed for a long time after.

I think you and texasflyer might be brothers I didn't know I had! Dad traveled a lot when I was growing up and there was always plenty of 'just wait till your father gets home' while he was away. I'd take mom's wooden spoons over Dad's grizzly paws any day.

Don't remember my granddad disciplining us too often, but the few times that he did, it was creative and wasn't needed for a long time after.
many times, my dad would not have disciplined us, but because my mom was unsatisfied with her attempts at justice (even if we tried to pretend she was hurting us, lol) he was sort of obligated to administer justice.

for example, if i got into a fight with a neighbor kid, he wouldn't care, but because the kid's mom came and complained to my mom, she got mad at me for having to take schiff from the neighbor...you know that schiff is going to roll right back on your ass.

i went to parochial school for 2 years before transferring to public school for the mgm (gate) program, and the nuns were the meanest ones.
some of them used rulers across the fingers, and the edge not the flat. kids learned quickly that they did not want this to happen to them.

I remember being shown the paddle on the principal’s office wall on first day of kindergarten. It was used from time to time and it wasn’t kept a secret when some kid was getting marched down for a lesson. I figured out very quickly to not play up at school…or at least to not get caught. This was in 1980. How times have changed.

As Dad always said, a little bit of fear is good. My kids know it too!

I join this rather late, and look at this from a legal side in that this Singapore caning is being considered a deterrent, yet offenders are returning on a frequent scale particularly in the drugs area. The Authorities said that caning is not the punishment and the jail sentence is...but in two reports by the District Court an offender who was supposed to be caned along with his prison sentence was given two months extra in lieu of the caning? which indeed contradicts this. Also, the caning is within the legal scope of Grievous Bodily Harm, punishable by jail, and in their penal codes they actually have a GBH offence where ironically they have a mandatory caning attached....yet, the authorities commit the same act...they also quoted that caning was only for offences that contained 'hurt' to a person or assault during a robbery, yet they cane overstayers etc, and in the case of a young man who stupidly enjoyed drugs, gave him 24 of the cane and 20 years, which again did not have the element of 'hurt'...which shows that there is something deeply wrong about caning judicially, and suggests it is rather perverse...especially as they run trips for schoolboys to the Changi Prison so they can look at the cane and the A-Frame (or Trestle as they call it) Caning is still in their Secondary Schools for all boys of 12 to 18. I came across a site www.welcometosingaporeperversity.com which was very informative and packed with critical sketches..and tried to have a conversation with the Home Affairs official who oversee the caning regime, and he wouldn't get off his high horse, nor would he explain why prisoners who misbehaved were also caned every week with up to 12 strokes given at full strength which the court requires at trial sentences. Their biggest claim backing caning is that it protects the citizens? and makes Singapore safe? so if that were true why isn't every country keeping caning on the law books for 16yr olds to 50yr olds when they commit a crime or misbehave!
Ho Lee Phuk - did you seriously join this forum just to make that leftist, pussy-ass comment?

How's that 6.5CM shooting?

😂

• Haha
Reactions: cornhusker86
Compassion is obviously a rare commodity in the US, and in years gone by I had good American friends who seemed nothing like the American you portray here. I merely pointed out that some practices in the world need ending, and are not conducive to eradicating violence when keeping violence on a State level, and gave just a few reasons why they should be abolished rather than kept just because that was they way it was done before....and do we really have to go backwards to deal with today's and future issues of conduct and behavior. I take on board that it was a Brit thing, and the Brits made the caning thing happen in Singapore....but when does it become a prop, a necessity and a fetish?

Compassion is obviously a rare commodity in the US, and in years gone by I had good American friends who seemed nothing like the American you portray here. I merely pointed out that some practices in the world need ending, and are not conducive to eradicating violence when keeping violence on a State level, and gave just a few reasons why they should be abolished rather than kept just because that was they way it was done before....and do we really have to go backwards to deal with today's and future issues of conduct and behavior. I take on board that it was a Brit thing, and the Brits made the caning thing happen in Singapore....but when does it become a prop, a necessity and a fetish?
I wonder who the last guy keel hauled was? I think if the parents had whipped the kids enough the authorities wouldnt have to.

I love Singapore.
Been there 12 times, worked there for a while.
It's a benevolent dictatorship, and it works.
They don't tolerate fucktards.
The Singapore government spends a fortune on infrastructure and public amenities.
"Boohoohoo, mein arse iz going to get der smashing, because I am der fucktard."
Good fucken job.
👍

Would you prefer I switch to Mandarin or Russian for this conversation?

We are both watching the same TV show.
That said, you see someone getting caned and shit your pants. I see rape gangs grooming preteen girls and then murdering them for kebab meat and I crap my pants.

These two world views are mutually exclusive. You are either OK with rape gage members getting caned, perhaps even to death, as I am...OR you are OK with a 14 year old girl getting horribly mutilated and then murdered and served as dinner.

Our world is descending into a god awful shithole of pure evil and destruction and it is kindness to criminals that causes this descent into sheer terror for the rest of us.

Would you prefer I switch to Mandarin or Russian for this conversation?

We are both watching the same TV show.
That said, you see someone getting caned and shit your pants. I see rape gangs grooming preteen girls and then murdering them for kebab meat and I crap my pants.

These two world views are mutually exclusive. You are either OK with rape gage members getting caned, perhaps even to death, as I am...OR you are OK with a 14 year old girl getting horribly mutilated and then murdered and served as dinner.

Our world is descending into a god awful shithole of pure evil and destruction and it is kindness to criminals that causes this descent into sheer terror for the rest of us.
This.

A thousand times 'this'.

The number one thing that would change American society for the positive is the intruduction of lethal force into the property crime category.

People need to understand there is a straight and narrow path of virtue, and that by straying from it you are automatically harming your society.

At some point maybe Singapore is a little be dickish about it, but we for sure wouldn't have the utter self destruction we have today if every third time someone stole a car they ate a .308 round from a sniper rifle.e.

Reactions: Jscb1b