• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Cannot get a Tikka Varmint rifle

BC 6.8

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 31, 2013
SC
I am looking for a new varmint rifle and really want to try out the Tikka T3s since they offer left handed rifles. I saw on their Finnish and Australian websites that they offer a Varmint Stainless model that I really like. I tried to find one in the US to no avail, so I called up Beretta USA. They cannot and will not import the Varmint models to the US anymore (apparently they did about 3 yrs ago). My only option is the Tikka T3 Lite with a 22 7/16" barrel (std calibers) or 24 3/8" barrel (magnum calibers). Needless to say, I'm disappointed. I really don't want to pay $750 for a rifle and then have to rebarrel it because I would prefer a 26" varmint contour barrel. I guess I might buy another Savage.

Buy a Howa or Vanguard......you MIGHT check w/EuroOptics on the T3 in your flavor, they MIGHT have something you want, as they carried specialty models in past.

Also, you can get a heavy barreled Tikka in 308, 260 or 6.5x55 swede in a T3 Sporter. If you don't like the stock (I'm loving mine), you can always get a different stock. I would guess there are also a few other upgraded components as compared to the Varmint model as well. Something to consider if you want a heavy barreled Tikka.

I want to get the rifle in .308 or .223, and left hand bolt. I just saw a Tikka Sporter with a 24" barrel at Euro Optic, but DANG $1448. I'm not too crazy about the stock either.

Last edited:
I got the last one imported into the USA! What she looks lik3 now.

Attachments

• DSC01036.jpg
    DSC01036.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 18
You sell the Tikka Sporter stock and get a whiskey 3, manners, b&s, McMillan, or grs. The stock brings about $500. I found my Tikka Sporter local, for $1300. I think because most prefer a more traditional stock. Try the stock out. It's actually nice. Mimics the Trg.