• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Canon 15X50 "All Weather" Image Stabilized Binos

ridurall

Sergeant
Minuteman
In June or July 2005 I purchased a pair of Canon 15X50 "All Weather" Image Stabilized Binoculars. I thought they would be great for hunting and keeping an eye on our 800’ driveway. Until recently I had enjoyed great service but a couple of weekends ago I had a bunch of friends from a concealed carry forum come to my property for a camp out over Memorial day for some fun shooting and blowing up a bunch of Tannerite. In the process we got caught in a big rain storm when we only expected it to be a sprinkle. Everything got wet including my 35 year old spotting scope and my Springfield rifle scope. The only problem we had was ending up with some water in the "All Weather" Canon binoculars and sent them back for repair. I got a notice from them saying that the repair cost would be $1568.48. Man do I feel taken advantage of and will no longer being doing business with Canon in any shape of form. They obliviously do not value their customers or stand behind their products. Anyone else had this problem? ? I’ve got a set of Brunton Epoch binoculars that cost pretty close to the same price but they honor their Lifetime HALO warranty. No matter what happens they will fix or replace them. Now I’ve got to find another brand of image stabilized binoculars and they will not be Canon. So much for “All Weather”. With that on the title I would have figured that they could stand 1 rain storm.

Re: Canon 15X50 "All Weather" Image Stabilized Binos

Do the Canon binoculars have a life time warrenty? If so did you call and ask why the repairs are not coverd?

I'm not promising miracles, however, call me on Monday. I will get in contact with Canon and see what I can do for you. As a hide sponsor we look out for the members and even though it was not purchased from us we will for sure go the distance for one of the members here.
We have a very good relationship with Canon and I think I can contact the right folks there to get satisfaction for you. It would be my pleasure to try, so call me.
Have a great and safe 4th. Speak with you on Monday.

They don't have a life time warranty but I did expect more then charging me more then the cost of a new pair for repair. The idea that "All Weather" couldn't last 1 rain storm. AS for talking to them I wrote them and talked until I was blue in the face trying to get some satisfaction. I did expect more from them as I was impressed with their performance. They treated me like a dirty dog in the long run. No matter how high up the food chain I went in the company. By the way the paperwork from them said "Canon Repair Estimate - WC748230 (KMM9858579V61630L0KM)" If that is any help. Thank you Doug for your offer of help. I'll give you a call Monday.

Thank you
Ron