• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Can't find any good wood stocked rifles anymore

Loves "Tranny Reading Hour" is more like it.

Couple of those rifles were designed with people like you in mind........
Funny you can spit out sarcasm , and yet when you get some in return you can't handle it .

That's funny shit right there...me in mind ? ...oh the drama .

If you were to buy a wood stocked gun these days, with an emphasis on beautiful wood, classic lines, what maker would you go for? Are there smaller gun makers I may have overlooked?

A year ago I bought a Schultz & Larsen Victory hunting rifle, with a grade 3 wooden stock

The stock fit me perfectly and looks great. The rifle is very accurate.

The stock is a proper old fashioned piece of pretty wood, that you can sand down and oil to a perfect finish, over and over as it ages and gets scratched and dinged from use.

I am very pleased with the purchase.

Last edited:
Reactions: RPN
Model 70 Walnut Supergrade. They make them in .243 Win and .300 Win Mag

535239212.jpg

Chicks always fall for French accents…FRF2 accents…

yea I want to spend more money for nice wood.

The stock for the Remington short action with the DBM was bought from this place.....

It was close to the cheapest thing I bought for the rifle. He can make M40 replica stocks which is what mine is. I don't know why he doesn't keep them in his online catalog. LRI bedded the fuck out of it but the inletting was surprisingly well done for its price.

The most important part about wood is in the last few pages.....finishing it the way you desire. Think now about how you want it finished. I tried some different stuff on this one and found happiness.

Last edited:
Hey cunt, don’t go pulling me into this. You were doing so well before.

Communists can't help but "cunt".

Sorry @Starvo for this hideous undercurrent I created in your thread but letting certain types go unchallenged for so long has got us to a very dangerous place where the choice of your rifle stock will become a trivial matter if they are not told to fuck off every chance you get.

The type of people that if they wished you a "good day" you would be right to reply "fuck off"

Wow!! All of 26 posts before the thread had it`s first personal attacks, name calling and four letter obscenities. That must be some kind of record for Sniper`s Hide, ya`ll reckon?

Nah, should happen immediately after any post that turd makes.

If he starts a thread asking if butter tastes good the first response should be fuck off.

Otherwise there is good info here.

Nah, should happen immediately after any post that turd makes.

If he starts a thread asking if butter tastes good the first response should be fuck off.

Otherwise there is good info here.
Do you know him personally or is he just some nameless, faceless internet poster? And yes, there is excellent information here.

Do you know him personally or is he just some nameless, faceless internet poster? And yes, there is excellent information here.

It's the internet all aspects of humanity and civility can be tossed until the new regime which he champions totally eliminates the First Amendment.

I didn't always used to be a dick.....I have my reasons.......and we all better come up with reasons of our own or sweet little conversations about our toy rifles will be a luxury we don't have.

Reactions: Therapist and XP1K
Doan Trevor is a stock maker who's site I look at occasionally, and wonder why I have yet to build a Palma rifle. The link is to a sporter that he did.

It's the internet all aspects of humanity and civility can be tossed until the new regime which he champions totally eliminates the First Amendment.

I didn't always used to be a dick.....I have my reasons.......and we all better come up with reasons of our own or sweet little conversations about our toy rifles will be a luxury we don't have.
Interesting. Sounds like political differences. JMO, but politics and religion have caused more dissension, hatred and human misery than any two things in history. And no, I`m not an atheist, LOL!!

Interesting. Sounds like political differences. JMO, but politics and religion have caused more dissension, hatred and human misery than any two things in history. And no, I`m not an atheist, LOL!!

You are right.

And if you don't realize that you are perhaps living in the midst of the worst ever, and in light of the 20th Century being as bad as it was, my ideas could be dismissed as hyperbole, but daily the reporting and evidence is looking more and more like they are not.

All fine to say you will remain "above the mud" but you do so at your own peril.

People have to side up even if the battleground is only the fantasy world of the internet.

It will be coming to your door soon otherwise.

Pure tung oil on wood for the win in peacetime........plastic and steel when you really want to work.

You are right.

And if you don't realize that you are perhaps living in the midst of the worst ever, and in light of the 20th Century being as bad as it was, my ideas could be dismissed as hyperbole, but daily the reporting and evidence is looking more and more like they are not.

All fine to say you will remain "above the mud" but you do so at your own peril.

People have to side up even if the battleground is only the fantasy world of the internet.

It will be coming to your door soon otherwise.

Pure tung oil on wood for the win in peacetime........plastic and steel when you really want to work.
Perhaps you`re right. It`s just that my 75 years on the planet have taught me that recriminations back and forth seldom accomplish much, if anything. I don`t know that " getting down in the mud " , particularly in a media platform such as a web site that`s ostensibly for the exchange of information such as this one, by calling people names and such will do much to change hearts and minds, if that`s even your intention. Personally, I think I can " side up " for things I believe in, and hopefully express myself concerning said things, without resorting to such. But.........to each his own, and the moderator/owner of this site has obviously given carte blanche when it comes to free speech!

Reactions: XP1K and pmclaine
Perhaps you`re right. It`s just that my 75 years on the planet have taught me that recriminations back and forth seldom accomplish much, if anything. I don`t know that " getting down in the mud " , particularly in a media platform such as a web site that`s ostensibly for the exchange of information such as this one, by calling people names and such will do much to change hearts and minds, if that`s even your intention. Personally, I think I can " side up " for things I believe in, and hopefully express myself concerning said things, without resorting to such. But.........to each his own, and the moderator/owner of this site has obviously given carte blanche when it comes to free speech!

In fairness to @Starvo he is getting good info.

If you research around the other dude is getting what he earned also.

I will be 55 soon with kids that likely won't have what I was fortunate to grow up with, you even more so.

That bothers me to the point of being a douche when called to do so.

Last edited:
In fairness to @Starvo he is getting good info.

If you research around the other dude is getting what he earned also.

I will be 55 soon with kids that likely won't have what I was fortunate to grow up with, you even more so.

That bothers me to the point of being a douche when called to do so.
Yep, I`m thankful for where and when I grew up. Different time, different values it seems in too many instances. None of us knows where things are ultimately headed in life, only the Big Guy upstairs has a handle on that, but I`m pretty sure I`ll shuffle off this mortal coil before things truly bottom out, and I`m glad of that. It`s certainly not the country for which I wore the uniform.

Stay cool, brother.

Thanks for all the help. I went on a spending spree and bought myself a nice little collection. A ruger 44 carbine and an H&K 770.

I'm going to buy a new super grade Model 70 at some point, but the person who had the Ruger 44 and 770 was selling his estate, so I couldn't pass it up.

Pics will be up when I get home.

Model 70 Walnut Supergrade. They make them in .243 Win and .300 Win Mag

View attachment 8053842

Thanks for all the help. I went on a spending spree and bought myself a nice little collection. A ruger 44 carbine and an H&K 770.

I'm going to buy a new super grade Model 70 at some point, but the person who had the Ruger 44 and 770 was selling his estate, so I couldn't pass it up.

Pics will be up when I get home.

The new Model 70 Super Grades are solid rifles, I bought one in .300 Win Mag around 2011 and used that to cut my teeth on reloading and long range shooting. Shoot almost universally suppressed now so I haven’t shot it in a couple years but with 230gr Berger handloads it would hold well under 1 MOA consistently.

Probably would have shot better if it didn’t kick so damn much.

Reactions: Starvo
A used older Dakota 76 in whatever caliber you want will be roughly in that ballpark. Rigby makes a decent rifle but the wood to metal fit on both them and the Mausers is piss poor in the examples I’ve seen (for the price they are asking)

Older coopers were ok. Newer ones are piss poor workmanship.

Always sucks to see a pretty stock but then shit inletting.

This vid has a good section on the lost art / proper inletting of wood stocks... :cry:

Roll your own. Stocky's has some good stuff going on wood and laminated stocks with built in bedding blocks.

Last edited:
Dakota Arms is open with new owners, in the same facility, building the same products under the name Parkwest Arms. They still have most of the same employees.

could get a few if you find the right estate sale might even get them cheap