• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Cant view links

Dacam

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 16, 2012
Las Vegas
I cant view links to snipershide from google search or from forum site itself. It just opens up the main forum site page, not the link itself.
Am I doing something wrong or is my settings wrong?

I have noticed the same thing. When you search something from google and the link is from snipers hide it just takes you to the main page not the thread

Same here, but from inside the hide.
Pressing a link in a post just opens the forum mainpage.

It's been happening for a long time...don't know what the issue is.

Frank, can you give us your take on this?

You have to smart enough to read the at least 3 UPDATES regarding links and Google

If you can't follow directions, this will never work because you are searching the old site which never exists.

I am sure it is easier for me to hold your hand and walk you through this, because I know looking it tough is here it is again, for the 5th time

IN GOOGLE SEARCH

site:forum.snipershide.com AND _________________ (Your search term)

This is the only way it will work, any other search will be looking at the old site.

My take, try looking at the information in this section rather than me having to answer the same thing over and over and over again,

Why the pissy attitude? The guy is asking a simple question that is not directly available. It's not as if the instructions for the new changes are in plane view when the forums page are first entered. In fact, there is no forum title/ection indicating "forum changes/instructions" on the first directory. The only thing that the general user can see would be "The Bear Pit" for general site discussion...within that, no sticky on sight changes/issues.

Sure, if the proper search is done a thread will come up with the appropriate information. The problem is, it's not a smart search engine and requires the user to know what the thread title wold be in order to get the desired results...I've had better results using yahoo, than this search engine.

Do you think you can work on being less condescending?

as to answering the same questions over and over...go through the sight, it happens almost every day.

Im with Frank on this one. The guy found the site information area so all he had to do was look through a few of the threads in this very section and would have seen several asking the same question.

Why the pissy attitude, how about having to answer the SAME question, over and over and over again... you don't get it, I get at least 10 emails an hour asking these same questions.

Apparently I am not wording it correctly for people to understand english.

UBB Is GONE ! if the link you are attempting to use shows, ubbththreads in the address bar the page will not work. that link is null and void. Again, ANYTHING THAT REFERENCES UBB IN ANY WAY WILL NOT WORK.

You are attempting to search the old site, changing the address from snipershide.com/forum/ ubbthreads to forum.sniperhside.com/ubbthreads is just as wrong. You cannot do that. Look at the site address bar now, does that look anything like what you have posted ?

it's the repetition, its the fact people insist on searching the old site, all that has changed. It's gone.

There are 11 years worth of old posts, if you can't find what you want here, consider it gone and start over. You have to understand, we deleted a lot of threads, almost 200,000 prior to the move. Odds are you can be searching one of those too, as space is not unlimited, we can't just keep stacking the posts up for ever. It causes issues too, you have to delete, prune, and start over.

...I get at least 10 emails an hour asking these same questions.

no, apparently, you don't get it. If you're getting e-mailed that much, you're failing somewhere...not the people e-mailing you.

I understand your frustration but you shouldn't get upset with the people that don't have the intimate knowledge you do. Figure out where the problem is...it's not with those e-mailing you. It's with the failure to properly inform/educate those individuals.

So the information is available, just in a different location. Seems the issue is to have some sort of interpreter available. If one language is unavailable anymore, that's not the users fault.

Bullshit, the problem is nobody looks for the answer, they would rather it be handed too them.

Lazy and stupid is a personal problem, with the number of posts on the subject there is no excuse if you suffer from it.

+ 1 on this

because you are clicking on an OLD LINK. Is that so hard to understand. Bringing the posts from the OLD FORUM does not mean it updated the links embedded within an old post. D'uh.

Links from the old site pointing to an old post isn't gonna work no matter how hard you try.

+1000 for not understanding English. You cannot access old posts on the old site. You have to search and find the new address.

We moved, no matter how many times you knock on the door at the old house the answer is gonna be the same, they don't live here anymore, wrong address.

Well how am I suppose to know that someone else is posting old links it is alot of the guys that answer some of the questions posted and they tell us LOOK AT THIS LINK and it does not work that is all I am saying. So tell them to quit posting old links then.

because you are clicking on an OLD LINK. Is that so hard to understand. Bringing the posts from the OLD FORUM does not mean it updated the links embedded within an old post. D'uh.

Links from the old site pointing to an old post isn't gonna work no matter how hard you try.

+1000 for not understanding English. You cannot access old posts on the old site. You have to search and find the new address.

We moved, no matter how many times you knock on the door at the old house the answer is gonna be the same, they don't live here anymore, wrong address.

Well how am I suppose to know that someone else is posting old links it is alot of the guys that answer some of the questions posted and they tell us LOOK AT THIS LINK and it does not work that is all I am saying. So tell them to quit posting old links then.

Are you sure the older links aren't posted in older threads from before the switch?

Either way, there are over 80,000 people and over 2 million people here to corral. Be easy, the man is doing what he can.

Old posts, with old links pointing to old threads ... pre-move, of course they don't work.. you can simply look at the link as explained and see if you notice "ubbthreads" in the address anywhere, clue number one it won't work.

Any links in this forum to any posts prior to the move will not work as stated, 10x now. If you read a post from Oct 2012, and the guy links a post from June 2011 expect it is not gonna work. Just because we got the information here does not mean it fixes the link.

Honestly as hard this is for people to grasp, I think I would have been better off moving just the Users and none of the posts and having the entire board start from scratch. The concept of old vs new is too just much for some, and answering the same question over and over is really getting old. Along with the questions, "why did my post count change", "why is my User Name showing", " why are the old pictures not working" , "why can't I sell anymore" etc.