• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Car Horn Brake Light Prank

shankster..

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
May 11, 2004
North Idaho
<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Is2aoI4g6Ag"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Is2aoI4g6Ag" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Re: Car Horn Brake Light Prank

Thats awesome. Now I'm just wondering who's car I can get a hold of to do that to.

Many years ago I used to install electronics and when the owners always wanted their chit done right then or wanted you to stay late to do something to their vehicles basically on your own time things exactly like this used to get done more than once.

I worked best when they were the last to leave and lock up. Then there was no one around to fix it untill the next day. I have had pissed off owners more than once. The best is when you leave on a Sat and they have to live with it over a long weekend since the shop isn't open till Tues.

Brings back lots of laughter at others expense.

Roger Welsch tells a story in one of his books about his buddies wiring the trailer lights up to the electric brakes on the trail on accident. Every time they would hit the blinkers the brakes would hit. According to the story, while pulling a tractor. It's pretty damn funny.

I have wired the brakes to the washers and the horn to the turn signal on a co-workers van. Was absolutely hilarious when he chimed in and said he would drive when we went to lunch.

I wired a guys horn up to his starter. Every time he started his engine it would honk!!

I have done that prank a couple of times. It works better if you put a time delay relay in the mix, so they get down the road a ways before it activates. I am actually working on a Cell Phone activated horn for a prank on my buddy. When ever i call the phone his horn will honk. If i can get a video camera i will video it.

I'm gonna wire up my truck like that this weekend, and ask my super smart gear head Auto Tech class taking know-it-all 16 year old to drive me to the store.

This is gonna be fun........

I am a tech at a local dealer and have done this before. Pulled the service managers pickup in for a LOF and we had the wild idea to wire his horn into his right turn signal. After work we followed him to the end of the road dying of laughter brought it back the next day wondering what the hell was going on.

Used to do wierd things like that in college. Mostly for basic trouble shooting practice. Still funny the wierd things people would come up with.

I have an older friend who's car I had borrowed once. He's always tinkering with his car and doing so in unorthodox manners.

Seeing as it was a rural area, when I finally got to an intersection and turned on the right turn-signal I got surprised! Caught me totally off-guard when the door buzzer started squawking in time with the turn-signal. I resisted using them signals as much as I could till I gave the car back. When I did, I gave him a hard time about crossing some wires during his endeavors.

Made the joke about remembering exactly what he did, though, so that when he started to lose his hearing, he'd know exactly when he left his signal on when driving down the road.

His reply was: "I'm there, it is, and that's why."

Yeah, I felt like crap, cause I never saw him as that old yet. Considering some of his other projects and capabilities, that just wasn't on the table.

Some of my buddies did this to our Mayor. It was so funny because it took him so long to figure out what was going on he thought everyone was honking at him. He then took his brand new truck to the dealership and it took them half a day to figure out what was wrong with it.

Have some fun if you can crawl under a truck and take a piece of duct tape and wrap it around the drive shaft and left it with a tail of 6 or 8 inches so it flaps on stuff as they drive.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Outsy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Have some fun if you can crawl under a truck and take a piece of duct tape and wrap it around the drive shaft and left it with a tail of 6 or 8 inches so it flaps on stuff as they drive. </div></div>
I know that would drive me crazy listening to that! ...thrap...thrap...thrap...thrap.thrap.thrap.thrap.thrap.
But since most of my vehicles made noises on their own I'd probably just turn up the radio and drive on!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Outsy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Have some fun if you can crawl under a truck and take a piece of duct tape and wrap it around the drive shaft and left it with a tail of 6 or 8 inches so it flaps on stuff as they drive. </div></div>
What's better than this, is when you do the same thing except use a bungy cord or other elastic. Put a washer on the cord then tie it around the driveshaft. This way, it'll only start to 'hammer' on the floorpanel at 30mph, (or so) but when the driver slows down, it goes away.

Prescription for insanity, right there.
smile.gif

I've known of people to lay duct tape across the road sticky side up so it wraps around the tires and axles/bumpers/other parts. Kinda mean and destructive, but it does the flapping noise too and its bad kids idea of a funny prank at someone else's expense.

If you can find a person you don't like with an older car with a distributer cap, just swap two wires and let them try to figure that one out.

The Sheriff being pretty frugal bought used cars from time to time for unmarked use. According to the story one was a loaded Buick.
My ex wifes cousin worked at a garage that did work on the County Sheriffs Dept vehicles, while running some wires for lights and siren, he claims he placed a "scotch lock" between the wiring for the locks and the wiper delay. he wasn't sure why it had donned on him to do so but it just did. The wires were close to each other. So the Sheriff picks up the car and its raining lightly, so he turns on the wipers and every time the wipers activate the power locks go up and down!

BS or not it's funny.

I have seen where you run wires from the brake lights to shock your ass under the seat when you step on the brake. That was always for some good luaghs

Did that to a college roomate during his wedding reception. He'd rebuilt a late 60's model IH Scout, and planned to drive it off.
I was going to try to fill the back with green jello, but opted for the wiring. Had a harness all made up with aligator clips, ready to go.
It had the desired effect.
CW

years ago i lived in a town house complex where all the neighbors knew each other and hung out drinking beer every night. one night when one of them went in early, the rest of us plotted.

one guy had some old car in pieces in his garage that we borrowed the horn from. i had a 4 wire trailer light plug with pigtails. we wired the horn to the brake light leg of the plug and plugged it into the outlet on his bumper. the horn was then zip tied to under the truck to the frame. when he got in the truck the next day and stepped on the brake, the horn went off but not like a regular car horn. apparently when they aren't rigidly mounted, they just make a terrible grumbling noise and vibrate the hell out of the truck.

that would be a cheap and easy device to make again and have on hand to use when the opportunity comes up.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gathert</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
If you can find a person you don't like with an older car with a distributer cap, just swap two wires and let them try to figure that one out. </div></div>

Make sure you really don't like them as this could destroy an engine in short order. We are talking about blown head gasket, holes in pistons, cracked/blown cylinder walls or even a rod out the side.