• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Photos Carbon Fiber tube gun 338 Lapua

jcoop

Private
Minuteman
Dec 14, 2011
I have been working on this idea for quite a while and have finally finished it.
The parts
Stiller tac338 action ( SH group buy)
Bottom metal is from Gary Eliseo
Barrel pac-nor 29" chambered in 338 lapua
Magazine is CIP length accurate-mag
30 moa base
Jewell trigger with bottom saftey
The stock is pretty much all woven carbon fiber. I custom made all the carbon parts.
The tube the action is in is .001" over the action dia. I had to make the mandrel to make that part.
It has been a lot of work but I am really happy with the way it has turned out.
I have just test fired it and should get a chance to really stretch it out this week.
Overall weight 13lb 13oz ready to go. Rifle only is just under 12lb
I put this scope on it just untill my new vortex scopes arive. Should be any day.

Re: Carbon Fiber tube gun 338 Lapua

WoW!! That is awesome! Serious craftsmanship.

Can you do a carbon fiber front tube for my elesio tube gun?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: toddconley</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can you do a carbon fiber front tube for my elesio tube gun? </div></div>Whats the ID of the tube on the elesio?

Thanks.
I live in WA.

I will ask Gary and get back to you. Would it be strong enough for bipod? Could we calculate the weight savings?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: toddconley</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I will ask Gary and get back to you. Would it be strong enough for bipod? Could we calculate the weight savings? </div></div>

It is 2in