• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Carbon wrapping a barrel

Muskox

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 10, 2011
Sucky Kentucky
I know there is good and bad to both sides, but beyond Magnum Research and Christensens who sell pre-wrapped barrels, is anyone offering wrapping as a service?

Christensens sent me an email a few days ago to let me know they do not wrap other manufacteruers barrels.

I was at a the Wild Sheep Foundation Convention trade show while on post-deployment leave and went into Christensens booth to be treated like a valued customer, until an older gent walked in with what appeared to be deeper pockets.

I was pushed aside like old newspapers. This was a few years ago, and their customer service sucked at that moment, so how would it be when the chips were down later on?

Then in 2010 I was in a gun shop called Green Acres in Florida and there was a Christensens barreled Sako 75 that the barrel had split on and destroyed the gun. The gun shop was fighting with them over it, and they were claiming that it was Sako's fault.

you should read Chad Dixons take on this...he has it posted on here somewhere..very good read

Thanks, I did just that and it was a good read.

Seems that the new Proof Company is not the same as the old one.

Can someone give the link to Chad Dixon´s post/thread? Cant find it.