• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Cargo Trailer modifications

david walter

Insightful commentator
Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 22, 2007
Out west, but not too far west
I have a 14x7 box trailer I use to haul around ATVs, and use to solo camp in when it's cold and I'm dragging a trailer anyways.

My problem is it sits very close to the truck, and I'd like to extend the distance between the truck and the trailer.

It's this trailer, with even a shorter nose.

Anyway to get more room? It's awful close when turning tight.

255042.jpg

Would one of these work, or is there a better solution?

255043.jpg

Just have someone weld a plate farther back and remount the jack

Those work fine. I used one when I would haul my golf cart in the bed of my truck with the tailgate down and my enclosed trailer behind the truck. I wouldn't pull a lot of weight with it, but keep it reasonable and you will have no problems.

Reactions: ken226
They make heavy duty versions of those for the guys with slide in campers. They tow pretty large boats around (26'+). So I'd guess a light trailer is NBD.

There are Ubolt versions that you could mount way back.
Not as pretty as a welded version but will do what you're looking for.

R