• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Carrying weapon> Duty to Inform...

1668257542305.png

Here is a good one, recently her in Fla. which is where my power tripper woman was but she was FHP not podunk county fools like these in the video. The woman deputy is accused by the legally blind guy who called her a tyrant "yep I sure am" or some other such fuckery. All involved should be fired but probably wont. Took 2 or 3 of these assholes to stop this man unlawfully but then after they got pie on their faces to arrest him. Can't make this shit up........

Here is a good one, recently her in Fla. which is where my power tripper woman was but she was FHP not podunk county fools like these in the video. The woman deputy is accused by the legally blind guy who called her a tyrant "yep I sure am" or some other such fuckery. All involved should be fired but probably wont. Took 2 or 3 of these assholes to stop this man unlawfully but then after they got pie on their faces to arrest him. Can't make this shit up........
If Karen the Cop thinks that looked like a gun she's the one thats blind. 'Ba-dumb-chee'

This. Although in MI, this step is usually redundant since I believe CPL status will pop up when the plates are run.
It used pop up automatically when the DL is queried. Not anymore. There is a specific query with justification needed in order to check for a CPL.

When I was a deputy and someone told me they had a carry permit, it instantly told me three things. They had no significant criminal history, they had no mental illness, and they were smarter than the average person.

When I stop someone and they give me a CPL, we end up talking about what they carry, the price of ammo, local gun stores, holster choice, etc. for several minutes.

In several situations, it has turned out that I actually sold them the gun when I was working at one of the LGSs.

Reactions: Pbgt
When I stop someone and they give me a CPL, we end up talking about what they carry, the price of ammo, local gun stores, holster choice, etc. for several minutes.

In several situations, it has turned out that I actually sold them the gun when I was working at one of the LGSs.
I ran into two motorcycle Travis Co. Sheriff's deputies at a convenient store and somehow got in a conversation, probably over the fact one was carrying a 1911. They ended up following me to my truck and dry firing my 1911 and I dry fired the Deputies 1911.

They wanted to know who's trigger mine was and I told them it was an old Chip McCormick trigger group, who was a best friend. I told them his office was not far from there and although he didn't take walk-in business, he didn't mind LE dropping in, gave them his cell phone # and to tell them they talked to me.

The people eating in a pizza shop next to the convenient store were like WTF? when they saw us pointing and dry firing guns.

I have only been stopped once and handed the officer my DL and CCL. He handed me my CCL and said thank you. I always like to keep everyone's hands on the table when dealing with LEO.

VooDoo
I agree, thats usually how I do it. Mainly because when I get stopped it's usually on my bike. Most of the cops have said the same thing, thanks man, nice bike. One of them asked what I was caring, I told him at the point it was a M&P 2.0, he was like how do you like it were have the the normal M&P's. This turned into a 30 minute discussion on guns, followed by him telling me to have a good day. I was doing 23 over lol. Besides that the most I've ever been asked was where is it on me.

I have a clean driving record I drive like an old fart because the mileage is better, I was pulled over for using my blinker and properly making a turn I guess? Gave the guy my DL and Carry permit and he put a gun to my head and told me to hand him my ccw.....that’s going to be a big fuck you from me dawg, you pull me out and take it.

He disappeared for a while and threw my CCW and magazine at me yelling about “cop killing bullets” no warning no nothing.
Jesus fuck what state do you live in?

I ran into two motorcycle Travis Co. Sheriff's deputies at a convenient store and somehow got in a conversation, probably over the fact one was carrying a 1911. They ended up following me to my truck and dry firing my 1911 and I dry fired the Deputies 1911.

They wanted to know who's trigger mine was and I told them it was an old Chip McCormick trigger group, who was a best friend. I told them his office was not far from there and although he didn't take walk-in business, he didn't mind LE dropping in, gave them his cell phone # and to tell them they talked to me.

The people eating in a pizza shop next to the convenient store were like WTF? when they saw us pointing and dry firing guns.
God I miss Texas. I was coming back from Midland Odessa to Fort Hood on my Crotch rocket, absolutely hauling ass (trying to avoid the tornado and black sky behind me) Saw the road open only a really nice f250 I was doing 120 in a 65, the f250 was a sheriff. I pulled right over for him, handed him my license and chl told him I was trying to get back to base before this storm catches up, I told him my insurance card was in my wallet which was right were I was carrying my glock 26. He watched me as I slowly reached for it gave him that, then told him nice truck btw. He came back from his truck, asked me how I like the glock 26 because he wants to get one for his wife since she has baby hands (I think that was an insult), then we shot the shit he told me to slow it down to about 90, and to do the speed limit before I hit I think it was San Antonio area (because the cops are real assholes during fiesta time) lol.

Fu©k the police. I've carried a firearm on me in over 15 states without a permit. So many of you love to quote Thomas Jefferson saying "Free men do not ask permission to bear arms", but can't back it up. Most men are cowards.

Fu©k the police. I've carried a firearm on me in over 15 states without a permit. So many of you love to quote Thomas Jefferson saying "Free men do not ask permission to bear arms", but can't back it up. Most men are cowards.

So far you have been fortunate.

If you read the recent story about the person who stopped a mass shooting in a bar only to be arrested by the police because the state he was in didn't like his out of state carry license (or almost any it seems). More than likely he'll be prosecuted much more harshly than the potential mass shooter he stopped.

Everyone has to make their own choices, but just remember sometimes those choices can have very negative consequences for your life if you run into the King's Men and they decide they are in the mood to put the boots to a serf.

Reactions: lash

If you read the recent story about the person who stopped a mass shooting in a bar only to be arrested by the police because the state he was in didn't like his out of state carry license (or almost any it seems). More than likely he'll be prosecuted much more harshly than the potential mass shooter he stopped.

Everyone has to make their own choices, but just remember sometimes those choices can have very negative consequences for your life if you run into the King's Men and they decide they are in the mood to put the boots to a serf.
Some want a monopoly on violence.
Some are happy for the help.
Figuring out the difference is the tough part.

I'll never be put in a cage, I'll go out in a gunfight if that day ever comes.

So under the aspect of carrying your weapon there's "Duty to Inform". I tend to travel through several states so I read up on what my "requirements" are for each state. I'll make note of the states that require you to inform the LEO you have a weapon. I will not inform in states were the law is clear I'm not required to inform unless asked.

I've read were people always state they are carrying while in their vehicle when their state law clearly says they don't have to yet they inform out of "respect".

Are you more likely to not inform as allowed by law, or do you inform out of consideration/respect for LEO??
Never inform unless asked

Reactions: HeavyAssault
I don't care. I've thought this way my since I was a kid. When I realized the truth about government and became an anarchist my hatred for authority only increased and solidified this idea. No man should rule over another.

Here is the problem, and I'm guessing you may possibly be posting in a professional / paid capacity but I might as well make the point for anyone reading who hasn't thought it through or if someone is reading your posts looking for something to make the site look bad.

Nobody ever telling someone else what to do is a fantasy that is unrealistic in all recorded human history.

If you are by yourself sure.

The moment you get into a community or tribe or group or civilization, there start being agreements on acceptable behavior and interactions.
Eventually those agreements get codified into rules then into laws then those eventually are enforced one way or another.

Even you would eventually start telling someone else what they must do or must not do if their behavior or choices started harming you or causing you significant inconvenience or distress.

I'll never be put in a cage, I'll go out in a gunfight if that day ever comes.

Again, not for you, but for those who might be trying to use this to say bad things about the site.

Your life is valuable, do you really want to throw it away pointlessly?
Chances are for most issues you'd have with "the King's men" if you have the option to avoid violence, while it may mean you get stuck in jail for a bit.
Statistically, unless you choose the path of violence, the overwhelming likelyhood is you will live to fight your case in the courts.
Chances are with money and a good lawyer, within a reasonable time you would be able to live your life again.
Life is precious and sacred, don't be so quick to suggest throwing it away so fast for no good reason.
Perhaps the police are falsely arresting you which happens sometimes when a bad cop wants to put the boots to a citizen, but would you actually prefer to die rather than have to spend a day or two in jail until you can get out and then sue them?
Again life is precious and valuable, don't be caviler in suggesting you or others throw it away.

Reactions: lash
Yes, with the added benefit of being able to take some authorities with me. The concept of growing old does not attract me. My life insurance policy is worth way more than I could ever give to my son. The court system us just as currupt as politicans. Legal battles are pathetic and statistically never serve real justice.

I do not care, and I'm not a dog person. Eddie Griffin has a great bit about dogs being the slaves of the animal kingdom.

Just a heads up, NC is a must inform state if you are a CHP holder. He has already run your plate before he walks up to your car, so he already knows. Now if you don’t have the concealed permit, you do what is good for you, whatever that may be.

Reactions: roostercogburn98
It's better to live for your principals and make the other guy die for his. Also, what does getting shot up have to do with principals?

You know, John Brown was hung for inciting a rebellion. Ironic no?

You're kewl with Jody raising your son? You think that's going to work out well?
Fuck your principals. You have responsibilities, and need to reset your priorities.

I can’t wait until my concealed handgun license expires. I won’t be renewing. It’s a damn tax on a supposed “right”. (We all know rights don’t really exist). All it does is flag you. Normally its no big deal but catch an asshole state cop and it turns into one at least in my last experience. Had I not had it, it would have been better for the both of us.

Reactions: reNickulous
I can’t wait until my concealed handgun license expires. I won’t be renewing. It’s a damn tax on a supposed “right”. (We all know rights don’t really exist). All it does is flag you. Normally its no big deal but catch an asshole state cop and it turns into one at least in my last experience.
My positive experiences while handing a LEO my CCW far outweigh the negative experiences.
A single (new? scared?) Mesa PD officer didn't change how I interact with LEOs.
Your results may vary.

It's better to live for your principals and make the other guy die for his. Also, what does getting shot up have to do with principals?

You know, John Brown was hung for inciting a rebellion. Ironic no?

You're kewl with Jody raising your son? You think that's going to work out well?
Fuck your principals. You have responsibilities, and need to reset your priorities.
This country was founded by guys willing to die for theirs. Let’s not forget. I don’t know if the man in question is sincere or not but he may be and if he is then good for him. If most of us were this way, this country and world for the matter would be a better place. Instead we roll over and are inches away from globalized enslavement.

My positive experiences while handing a LEO my CCW far outweigh the negative experiences.
A single (new? scared?) Mesa PD officer didn't change how I interact with LEOs.
Your results may vary.
I agree. If it weren’t for that ccw then you wouldn’t have even had the negative experiences that you allude to because of it. It’s just an unnecessary flag in my opinion and I’ve paid the man for lots of years to have one. Not anylonger.

I can’t wait until my concealed handgun license expires. I won’t be renewing. It’s a damn tax on a supposed “right”. (We all know rights don’t really exist). All it does is flag you. Normally its no big deal but catch an asshole state cop and it turns into one at least in my last experience. Had I not had it, it would have been better for the both of us.

In Texas, I would advise you to keep your carry license and renew it.
The cost for renewal is dirt cheap.

The biggest thing is it lets you skip the call to the government when you buy a gun from an FFL and that could be a huge deal on times when the check system is "down and not working" for "some reason" which seems to happen or when "everything is taking way longer than normal" which also seems to happen a lot.

(just as a note, the FFL will most likely online verify your carry licence is good)

The second thing is that most experienced self defense attorneys will tell you that juries respond very positively to hearing "he was licenced to..." It may be legally irrelevant but it could make the difference between winning at trial and having to win on appeal.

In addition it gives you a few more legal protections while carrying and also works in quite a few other states.

If you already have it, no point not paying the pittance to keep it.

This country was founded by guys willing to die for theirs. Let’s not forget. I don’t know if the man in question is sincere or not but he may be and if he is then good for him. If most of us were this way, this country and world for the matter would be a better place. Instead we roll over and are inches away from globalized enslavement.
Thanks.

I agree. If it weren’t for that ccw then you wouldn’t have even had the negative experiences that you allude to because of it. It’s just an unnecessary flag in my opinion and I’ve paid the man for lots of years to have one. Not anylonger.
The negative experience was because that particular LEO freaked out about the presence of a firearm. Period. He completely ignored the CCW or the fact that concealed carry without one is legal anyway.

Unnecessary?
Maybe.

The perk of having pleasant conversations with LEOs on the side of the road and also not waiting for a NICS check to come back is pretty sweet also.

Yes, with the added benefit of being able to take some authorities with me. The concept of growing old does not attract me. My life insurance policy is worth way more than I could ever give to my son. The court system us just as currupt as politicans. Legal battles are pathetic and statistically never serve real justice.
You know, I'm all for people expressing their opinions. I'm all for people imbibing in whatever alcoholic beverage floats their boat (except whiteclaw, that's some ghey ass shit). I'm all for people wanting to burn the candle at both ends, with a "devil may care" attitude and mindset. Hey, everyone needs to drunk post in the middle of the day sometime, right? (No, not really, but stick with me here, I'm almost to the good part.)

But when folks make comments, and allude to taking out law enforcement personnel, in the pursuit of their deluded, adolescent, Rambo'esque fantasies...the staff here are going to step in and say "Knock this shit off."

So. Do I really need to say it? ....Do I?

You know, I'm all for people expressing their opinions. I'm all for people imbibing in whatever alcoholic beverage floats their boat (except whiteclaw, that's some ghey ass shit). I'm all for people wanting to burn the candle at both ends, with a "devil may care" attitude and mindset. Hey, everyone needs to drunk post in the middle of the day sometime, right? (No, not really, but stick with me here, I'm almost to the good part.)

But when folks make comments, and allude to taking out law enforcement personnel, in the pursuit of their deluded, adolescent, Rambo'esque fantasies...the staff here are going to step in and say "Knock this shit off."

So. Do I really need to say it? ....Do I?
Do it.......

No balls...

Doc